Supported File Formats - PDF, MHT

Naman Gupta
Hey

Does lucene support the files in pdf and mht file formats. I wasnt able to
retrieve any results after creating an index of such files. This is the
first time i am using lucene.

Thanks

Naman K Gupta

Re: Supported File Formats - PDF, MHT

Jan Peter Stotz
Naman Gupta wrote:
> Does lucene support the files in pdf and mht file formats. I wasnt able to
> retrieve any results after creating an index of such files.

Well, the answer is simple: Lucene itself does not support any file
format. You need a file parser that converts your files to a plain text
representation. For details please see the Lucene FAQ:

http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/LuceneFAQ#head-c45f8b25d786f4e384936fa93ce1137a23b7e422

Jan