TermPositionVector

spring
Hi,

could somebody please explain what the difference between positions and
offsets is?

And: Is there a trick to show theses infos in luke?

Thank you.

Re: TermPositionVector

Grant Ingersoll-2
Position is just relative to other tokens
(Token.getPositionIncrement()), offsets are character offsets
(Token.startOffset(), Token.endOffset())

-Grant

On Feb 12, 2008, at 8:31 AM, <[hidden email]> <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> could somebody please explain what the difference between positions
> and
> offsets is?
>
> And: Is there a trick to show theses infos in luke?
>
> Thank you.

--------------------------
Grant Ingersoll
http://lucene.grantingersoll.com
http://www.lucenebootcamp.com

Lucene Helpful Hints:

RE: TermPositionVector

spring
TermA TermB

TermA has position 0 and offset 0
TermB has position 1 and offset 6

Right?

Re: TermPositionVector

Andrzej Białecki-2
[hidden email] wrote:
> Hi,
>
> could somebody please explain what the difference between positions and
> offsets is?
>
> And: Is there a trick to show theses infos in luke?

Not yet :) Funny thing, I've been thinking about adding this to Luke,
but ran out of time before the last release. Perhaps I'll include it in
a minor update.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Bialecki     <><