Test SPEED

viorelhojda
Hello. I'm trying to do some speed tests on the SOLR server (Average Response Time, etc). I tried all kinds of tool and software but I didn't manage because at one point some errors appeared.  The "*:*" query works just fine, but when I try to test another query the tool complains that the link(URL) can't be accessed, isn't valid, stuff like that.

Eg. of tested links:
http://localhost:8983/solr/select/?q=*%3A*  -works just fine (query="*:*")
http://localhost:8983/solr/select/?q=id%3AX -errors (query="id:X")

My question and my request is that if anyone performed speed test on SOLR queries  or knows a tool that could actually load and validate a URL representing a more "complex" query on SOLR please let me know.

Thank you very much.

Re: Test SPEED

Shalin Shekhar Mangar
On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 5:07 PM, viorelhojda <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello. I'm trying to do some speed tests on the SOLR server (Average
> Response
> Time, etc). I tried all kinds of tool and software but I didn't manage
> because at one point some errors appeared.  The "*:*" query works just
> fine,
> but when I try to test another query the tool complains that the link(URL)
> can't be accessed, isn't valid, stuff like that.
>
> Eg. of tested links:
> http://localhost:8983/solr/select/?q=*%3A*  -works just fine (query="*:*")
> http://localhost:8983/solr/select/?q=id%3AX -errors (query="id:X")
>
> My question and my request is that if anyone performed speed test on SOLR
> queries  or knows a tool that could actually load and validate a URL
> representing a more "complex" query on SOLR please let me know.

A Solr query, however complex, is just another HTTP request. So any tool
which can play back logs (like JMeter) can be used for load testing. Perhaps
you can tell us more about the error you got? Also, the response times etc
depend very heavily on your data, index, queries and configuration. So make
sure you are actually testing on the data and queries you want to use in
production.

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.

Re: Test SPEED

viorelhojda
Thank you very much for replying. I'm really astound  with the speed that you guys reply to other people's problems . I managed to make it work with WAPT and started testing.
Cheers

Viorel Hojda

Shalin Shekhar Mangar wrote