Theoretical Lucene Performance

Andreas Harth
Hello,

I'd like to learn a bit more about the index organization of
Lucene (ideally without sifting through source code).

Are there any publications that explain the Lucene indexing
structure in detail?  Or is it possible to say in a few sentences
how Lucene works and I can look up the details in a text book
(e.g. Baeza-Yates/Ribeiro-Neto)?

Many thanks in advance!

Regards,
Andreas.

Re: Theoretical Lucene Performance

gekkokid
http://lucenebook.com

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/asin/1932394281

:)
> I'd like to learn a bit more about the index organization of
> Lucene (ideally without sifting through source code).
>
> Are there any publications that explain the Lucene indexing
> structure in detail?  Or is it possible to say in a few sentences
> how Lucene works and I can look up the details in a text book
> (e.g. Baeza-Yates/Ribeiro-Neto)?
>
> Many thanks in advance!
>
> Regards,
> Andreas.

Re: Theoretical Lucene Performance

OneWhoMikes
Hello Andreas,

This may also be a good reference for you:
http://lucene.apache.org/java/docs/fileformats.html

--Mike