Tika on the Fast Feather Track

Jukka Zitting
Hi,

In ApacheCon US I made a Fast Feather Track presentation on Tika, and
I'd like to do the same again in ApacheCon EU next week. Unless anyone
else wants to take the stage, I'll propose a Tika presentation to the
FFT crew later today.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: Tika on the Fast Feather Track

Bertrand Delacretaz-2
On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 9:54 AM, Jukka Zitting <[hidden email]> wrote:

> ....Unless anyone
>  else wants to take the stage, I'll propose a Tika presentation to the
>  FFT crew later today....

Please do!
-Bertrand

Re: Tika on the Fast Feather Track

chrismattmann
+1 Jukka

Thanks for doing this!

Cheers,
 Chris

On 4/1/08 12:49 AM, "Bertrand Delacretaz" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 9:54 AM, Jukka Zitting <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> ....Unless anyone
>>  else wants to take the stage, I'll propose a Tika presentation to the
>>  FFT crew later today....
>
> Please do!
> -Bertrand

Chris Mattmann, Ph.D.
[hidden email]
Cognizant Development Engineer
Early Detection Research Network Project
Jet Propulsion Laboratory            Pasadena, CA
Office: 171-266B                     Mailstop:  171-246

Disclaimer:  The opinions presented within are my own and do not reflect

On undefined, Jukka Zitting <[hidden email]> wrote:
>  In ApacheCon US I made a Fast Feather Track presentation on Tika, and
>  I'd like to do the same again in ApacheCon EU next week.

My proposal (see below) was accepted and is initially scheduled for
Wednesday afternoon.

Title:
   MIME Magic with Apache Tika

Abstract:
   Apache Tika is the modern version of the Unix file(1) and strings(1)
   commands; a toolkit that can extract the MIME type, full text content,
   and various metadata from unidentified octet streams. An alternative
   to dealing with multiple incompatible parsers APIs, Tika provides a
   simple and unified interface to handling a number of file formats and
   MIME content types. This presentation is an entry-level introduction to
   the (currently incubating) Apache Tika toolkit.

BR,

Jukka Zitting