Time-Series data indexing into Solr

Greenhorn Techie
Hi,

Is there any recommended approach to index and search time-series data in
Solr?

Thanks in Advance.

RE: Time-Series data indexing into Solr

Markus Jelsma-2
One of our collections is time-series data, processing hundreds of queries per second. But apart from having a time field, set it indexed and docValues enabled, i wouldn't know about any specific recommendations.

Re: Time-Series data indexing into Solr

Erick Erickson
You can also use "implicit" (sometimes called "manual") routing. This
allows you to create shards on the fly so one pattern is to create,
say, a shard per day. Say you have 30 day retention requirements: You
can create a new shard every day and delete any shards 31 or more days
old.

There are pros and cons to this. Personally unless you want to take
total control over the topology I prefer Shawn's approach but YMMV.

Best,
Erick