Top level pom inheritance...?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Top level pom inheritance...?

robert burrell donkin-2
i noticed that the module level poms don't inherit from the top level
one. is this an intentional choice?

- robert
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Top level pom inheritance...?

Jukka Zitting
Hi,

On Sun, May 17, 2009 at 4:06 PM, Robert Burrell Donkin
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> i noticed that the module level poms don't inherit from the top level
> one. is this an intentional choice?

There's currently nothing to inherit, so it's better not to.

If we do want to inherit from a parent POM (and I think we will sooner
or later), then it's better to create a separate tika-parent POM than
to use the top level one. It's best not to mix inheritance and
aggregation.

BR,

Jukka Zitting
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Top level pom inheritance...?

robert burrell donkin-2
On Sun, May 17, 2009 at 5:50 PM, Jukka Zitting <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Sun, May 17, 2009 at 4:06 PM, Robert Burrell Donkin
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> i noticed that the module level poms don't inherit from the top level
>> one. is this an intentional choice?
>
> There's currently nothing to inherit, so it's better not to.
>
> If we do want to inherit from a parent POM (and I think we will sooner
> or later), then it's better to create a separate tika-parent POM than
> to use the top level one. It's best not to mix inheritance and
> aggregation.

i've seen it work both ways but i agree mixing tends to get fiddly

duplicate report definitions are now Cut'N'Pasted through all modules.
if people want an independent pom now (parent/pom.xml?), i'll submit a
patch.

- robert
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Top level pom inheritance...?

Jukka Zitting
Hi,

On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 8:41 AM, Robert Burrell Donkin
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> duplicate report definitions are now Cut'N'Pasted through all modules.
> if people want an independent pom now (parent/pom.xml?), i'll submit a
> patch.

That would be nice, thanks!

BR,

Jukka Zitting