TransformerFactory does not support SolrCoreAware

TransformerFactory does not support SolrCoreAware

Markus Jelsma-2
Hi,

I'd love to have this supported, but SOLR-8311 states there are issues, and i lack the understanding of the mentioned issues. So, can i add it?

Many thanks,
Markus

RE: TransformerFactory does not support SolrCoreAware

Markus Jelsma-2
Created SOLR-11735 for tracking.

> I'd love to have this supported, but SOLR-8311 states there are issues, and i lack the understanding of the mentioned issues. So, can i add it?
>
> Many thanks,
> Markus

RE: TransformerFactory does not support SolrCoreAware

Markus Jelsma-2
cc list:

Hello Mikhail,

Well, disregarding the warning notes in SolrResourceLoader, my meager patch adds TransformerFactory, and the code now runs well. I obviously lack the understanding of this patch with regard to SOLR-8311, but we are fine.

So, the patch and the custom code using it are doing fine so far. Will it be fine regarding SOLR-8311, i do not know. I am hoping an expert on these specifics can share their opinion.

Thanks,
Markus

Re: TransformerFactory does not support SolrCoreAware

Mikhail Khludnev-2
I haven't look at SOLR-8311. But for those who need any plugin class to be
SolrCoreAware, you can mark it as "implements QueryResponseWriter" this
allow to workaround SolrCoreAware restrictions for any class.

--
Sincerely yours
Mikhail Khludnev