Turning on SSL on solr 4.2.1

Niranjan Babu Bommu
Hi All,

I'm niranjan, we have been running solr 4.2.1 in stage and prod, we have a
new requirement to turn on SSL on solr, unfortunately I couldn't be able to
find SSL part in 4.2.1 docs, I'm wondering whether 4.2.1 doesn't support
SSL, can some one forward me the docs if there is an option to turn on SSL?

*Thanks*
*Niranjan*

Re: Turning on SSL on solr 4.2.1

Jan Høydahl / Cominvent
You need at least 5.2 or 5.3 to use SSL.
But if you at all care about security you should REALLY REALLY upgrade to latest version. Just check the list of fixed vulnerabilities and bugs.

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com

> 15. mai 2019 kl. 14:41 skrev Niranjan Babu Bommu <[hidden email]>:
>
> Hi All,
>
> I'm niranjan, we have been running solr 4.2.1 in stage and prod, we have a
> new requirement to turn on SSL on solr, unfortunately I couldn't be able to
> find SSL part in 4.2.1 docs, I'm wondering whether 4.2.1 doesn't support
> SSL, can some one forward me the docs if there is an option to turn on SSL?
>
> --
> *Thanks*
> *Niranjan*

Re: Turning on SSL on solr 4.2.1

Niranjan Babu Bommu
thanks Jan, I realized when I install 5.5 which has option to enable SSL.

--
*Thanks*
*Niranjan*