UTF8TaxonomyWriterCache inconsistency

Руслан Торобаев
Hi!

I’m facing a problem with taxonomy writer cache inconsistency. At some point in time UTF8TaxonomyWriterCache starts to return wrong ord for some facet labels. As result wrong ord are written in doc facet fields, and wrong counts are returned (undercount) during search. This bug is manifested on different servers with different index contents (we have several separate indexe with unique data).
Unfortunately I can’t reproduce this behaviour in tests. All I have now is taxonomy dir state and  UTF8TaxonomyWriterCache dump I created on “broken" application instance. I’ve also created simple app to load and compare cache state with taxonomy, and I can share it.
We using Lucene 7.1.0 and AFAIK there was no major changes in facets cache code since that release.

Can someone help me investigate this situation? Should I create ticket in Lucene bug tracker?

-

Regards
Ruslan Torobaev

Re: UTF8TaxonomyWriterCache inconsistency

Michael McCandless-2
Yes please create a Jira issue!

Mike