UUIDField in defined schema

Steve Pruitt
Admin guide has UUIDField as a field type, but it's not defined in the default schema.

The Admin guide describes it in conjunction with the UUIDUpdateProcessorFactory.  I see the updateProcessor defined in the default schema.

The only place I see UUIDUpdateProcessorFactory discussed in the Admin guide is in the context of schemaless mode.  I don't want to use schemaless mode.

What is an example for using UUIDField not in schemaless mode?  Do I have to define a /update request handler?  Is there an easier way?

Thanks.

-S

Re: UUIDField in defined schema

Edward Ribeiro
Go to the solrconfig.xml and replace the schemaless mode opening tag of
<updateRequestProcessorChain> named "add-unknown-fields-to-the-schema" by
this one:

<updateRequestProcessorChain name="choose.me" processor="uuid"
default="true">

It will auto-generate the UUID. If you want to use a UUIDField instead of
string for the uniqueKey (id) then make the changes below in managed-schema:

<fieldType name="uuid" class="solr.UUIDField" indexed="true" />
<field name="id" type="uuid" indexed="true" stored="true" required="true" />

Edward