UnifiedHighlighter returns an error when setting hl.maxAnalyzedChars=-1

UnifiedHighlighter returns an error when setting hl.maxAnalyzedChars=-1

Yasufumi Mizoguchi
Hi,

I faced UnifiedHighlighter error when setting hl.maxAnalyzedChars=-1 in
Solr 7.6.
Here is the procedure for reproducing.

$ bin/solr -e techproducts
$ curl -XGET
"localhost:8983/solr/techproducts/select?hl.fl=name&hl.maxAnalyzedChars=-1&hl.method=unified&hl=on&q=memory&df=name"

I have written a patch to replace negative values of the parameter with
Integer.MAX_VALUE - 1
(Because UnifiedHighlighter seems not to accept
maxAnalyzedChars=Integer.MAX_VALUE,
unlike the others...)

Can I open a JIRA about this issue and post my patch to that?

Thanks,
Yasufumi.

Re: UnifiedHighlighter returns an error when setting hl.maxAnalyzedChars=-1

Yasufumi Mizoguchi
Hi,

I opened a JIRA about this.

Yasufumi.