Quantcast

UpdateResponse status codes?

Mark Ferguson
Hello,

I am wondering if the UpdateResponse status codes are documented somewhere?
I haven't been able to find them. I know 0 is success..

Thanks,

Mark

Re: UpdateResponse status codes?

Koji Sekiguchi
Mark,

I'm not solrj user, but I think you don't need to check status code.
Solr server always return 0 for status when success. If something goes
wrong,
Solr server returns HTTP 400/500 response, then you'll get an Exception.

Koji

Mark Ferguson wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am wondering if the UpdateResponse status codes are documented somewhere?
> I haven't been able to find them. I know 0 is success..
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mark

Re: UpdateResponse status codes?

Jacob Singh-2
0 is actually a communication failure (can't connect at all).

200 is good

Solr returns 400s when if bails.  I always thought this was strange,
because I thought 500 is an application error (what I would expect)
and 400 is a general HTTP error.

Best,

--

+1 510 277-0891 (o)