Updating a distributed collection

Sean Bowman
If we configure multiple servers to replicate an index and hide them
behind a load balancer, how exactly do we update documents to the
index?  Do we have to send updates just to the master server directly?
 Or does the slave somehow manage to forward the update request to the
master server behind the scenes?

Maybe there's more of a detailed guide to the master/slave
configuration I'm missing?  It seems mostly reference material on the
wiki.

Re: Updating a distributed collection

Yonik Seeley-2
On 4/26/07, Sean Bowman <[hidden email]> wrote:
> If we configure multiple servers to replicate an index and hide them
> behind a load balancer, how exactly do we update documents to the
> index?  Do we have to send updates just to the master server directly?

Yes.  The load-balancer part is only for high availability for queries.

Re: Updating a distributed collection

Sean Bowman
Thanks.  Just wanted to check before we dove into configuring the load
balancers.