Use Windows 1252 encoding...

escher2k
Is it possible to use Windows 1252 encoding instead of UTF-8 for Solr ? The application runs
on Linux/JDK 1.5. We are using PHP for the front end. The problem we are having is that some
characters are displayed weirdly owing to the encoding.

Thanks.

Re: Use Windows 1252 encoding...

Nick Jenkin-2
Have you tried using the PHP functions utf8_decode/utf8_encode?

As far as I understand only UTF8 is supported (but I could be wrong on that!)
-Nick
On 6/23/07, escher2k <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Is it possible to use Windows 1252 encoding instead of UTF-8 for Solr ? The
> application runs
> on Linux/JDK 1.5. We are using PHP for the front end. The problem we are
> having is that some
> characters are displayed weirdly owing to the encoding.
>
> Thanks.

Re: Use Windows 1252 encoding...

Chris Hostetter-3

: Is it possible to use Windows 1252 encoding instead of UTF-8 for Solr ? The

not at the moment...

Re: Use Windows 1252 encoding...

Yonik Seeley-2

> : Is it possible to use Windows 1252 encoding instead of UTF-8 for Solr ? The
>
> not at the moment...

Solr 1.2 should be able to accept alternate charsets if declared in
the HTTP headers (Content-type).   Solr can't currently handle an
encoding declared in the XML doc itself however.

Re: Use Windows 1252 encoding...

Walter Underwood, Netflix
This is proper behavior according to RFC 3023. An encoding in the
XML declaration is ignored unless the content-type is application/xml.

wunder