Using Ltr and payload together

isspek
Hi,

I have a question on Solr version 7. Is it possible to use ltr and payload
plugins together for enhancement of search results? I am newbie on this
topic and I would like to know how I can use if it is possible.

Thanks.

Re: Using Ltr and payload together

alessandro.benedetti
It depends how you want to use the payloads.

If you want to use the payloads to calculate additional features, you can
implement a payload feature:

This feature could calculate the sum of numerical payload for the query
terms in each document ( so it will be a query dependent feature and will
leverage the encoded indexed payload for the field).

Alternatively you could use the payloads to affect the original Solr score
before the re-ranking happens ( this makes sense only if you use the
original Solr score as a feature) .

I recommend you this blog about playloads [1].

So, long story short, it depends.

[1] https://lucidworks.com/2017/09/14/solr-payloads/

-----
Alessandro Benedetti