Using Nutch 1x REST API with Elasticsearch

Using Nutch 1x REST API with Elasticsearch

D Atherton
Hi I'm trying to get started using the Nutch 1x REST API with Elasticsearch
5.3.x and have a couple of questions:

1. Probably dumb question but... I don't use the bin/nutch crawl script if
I'm using the REST api - I have to use the individual crawl commands?

2. I'm trying to use the Jest REST api for Elasticsearch 5x - what settings
need to be in my nutch-site.xml file?
Do I still use the <!-- elasticsearch properties -->
OR
just the <!-- elasticsearch rest properties -->
OR
a combination of both?

3. Once I have those settings correct in my nutch-site.xml - that should be
it right? I should be able to index to ES using the Nutch 1x REST api
commands?

Appreciate any answers/help that can be provided.

David