Using Solr invariants to set facet method?

Using Solr invariants to set facet method?

ruby
Is it possible to use the invariants in Solr config to set facet.method to override what user is sending?

    <lst name="invariants">
      <str name="facet.method">enum</bool>
    </lst>

Re: Using Solr invariants to set facet method?

Alexandre Rafalovitch
That's what it is there for. Are you seeing any issues?

You can confirm whether it works or not by adding echoParams=all to
the query (or in the defaults/invariants).

Regards,
   Alex
----
http://www.solr-start.com/

On 18 August 2016 at 07:43, ruby <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Is it possible to use the invariants in Solr config to set facet.method to
> override what user is sending?
>
>     <lst name="invariants">
>       <str name="facet.method">enum</bool>
>     </lst>

Re: Using Solr invariants to set facet method?

Erick Erickson
Setting the facet method to enum will have
consequences for the filterCache, especially
if you allow faceting on high-cardinality fields
so for that specific example I'd be cautious.

Best,
Erick

On Wed, Aug 17, 2016 at 3:01 PM, Alexandre Rafalovitch
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> That's what it is there for. Are you seeing any issues?
>
> You can confirm whether it works or not by adding echoParams=all to
> the query (or in the defaults/invariants).
>
> Regards,
>    Alex
> ----
> Newsletter and resources for Solr beginners and intermediates:
> http://www.solr-start.com/
>

> On 18 August 2016 at 07:43, ruby <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Is it possible to use the invariants in Solr config to set facet.method to
>> override what user is sending?
>>
>>     <lst name="invariants">
>>       <str name="facet.method">enum</bool>
>>     </lst>

Re: Using Solr invariants to set facet method?

ruby
Thanks for your reply. I was not seeing the param being added in return results. but after adding echoParams=true, I see that facet method is being added.