[VOTE] Lucene / Solr 4.6.0"

12

[VOTE] Lucene / Solr 4.6.0"

Simon Willnauer-4
Please vote for the first Release Candidate for Lucene/Solr 4.6.0

you can download it here:
http://people.apache.org/~simonw/staging_area/lucene-solr-4.6.0-RC1-rev1541686

or run the smoke tester directly with this commandline (don't forget
to set JAVA6_HOME etc.):

python3.2 -u dev-tools/scripts/smokeTestRelease.py
http://people.apache.org/~simonw/staging_area/lucene-solr-4.6.0-RC1-rev1541686
1541686 4.6.0 /tmp/smoke_test_4_6

I integrated the RC into Elasticsearch and all tests pass:

https://github.com/s1monw/elasticsearch/commit/765e3194bb23f202725bfb28d9a2fd7cc71b49de

Smoketester said: SUCCESS! [1:15:57.339272]

here is my +1

Simon

Re: [VOTE] Lucene / Solr 4.6.0"

Tommaso Teofili
+1

>> SUCCESS! [2:50:09.253204] (!!!!)

however we have the usual

>> ***WARNING***: javadocs want to fail!

for Solr (which IMHO we should fix)

Regards,
Tommaso

2013/11/14 Shai Erera <[hidden email]>
[...]

Martijn v Groningen-2
+1! The smoker test succeeded.

On 14 November 2013 15:09, Tommaso Teofili <[hidden email]> wrote:
+1

>> SUCCESS! [2:50:09.253204] (!!!!)

however we have the usual

>> ***WARNING***: javadocs want to fail!

for Solr (which IMHO we should fix)

Regards,
Tommaso

2013/11/14 Shai Erera <[hidden email]>
Smoke tester passes for me. +1!

Shai

On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 11:37 AM, Simon Willnauer <[hidden email]> wrote:
Please vote for the first Release Candidate for Lucene/Solr 4.6.0

you can download it here:
http://people.apache.org/~simonw/staging_area/lucene-solr-4.6.0-RC1-rev1541686

or run the smoke tester directly with this commandline (don't forget
to set JAVA6_HOME etc.):

python3.2 -u dev-tools/scripts/smokeTestRelease.py
http://people.apache.org/~simonw/staging_area/lucene-solr-4.6.0-RC1-rev1541686
1541686 4.6.0 /tmp/smoke_test_4_6

I integrated the RC into Elasticsearch and all tests pass:

https://github.com/s1monw/elasticsearch/commit/765e3194bb23f202725bfb28d9a2fd7cc71b49de

Smoketester said: SUCCESS! [1:15:57.339272]

here is my +1

Simon

Met vriendelijke groet,

Martijn van Groningen

Re: [VOTE] Lucene / Solr 4.6.0"

Adrien Grand
+1 from my side as well. Release candidate looks good and smoke tester
was happy.

--
Adrien

Re: [VOTE] Lucene / Solr 4.6.0"

sarowe
-1

Smoke tester passes.

Solr Changes look good, except that the “Upgrading from Solr 4.5.0” section” follows “Detailed Change List”, but should be above it; and one change attribution didn’t get recognized because it’s missing parens: "Elran Dvir via Erick Erickson".  Definitely not worth a respin in either case.

Lucene Changes look good, except that the “API Changes” section in Changes.html is formatted as an item in the “Bug Fixes” section, rather than its own section.  I’ll fix.  (The issue is that “API Changes:” in CHANGES.txt has a trailing colon - the section name regex should allow this.)  This is probably not worth a respin.

Lucene and Solr Documentation pages look good, except that the "File Formats” link from the Lucene Documentation page leads to the 4.5 format doc, rather than the 4.6 format doc (Lucene46Codec was introduced by LUCENE-5215).  This is respin-worthy.  Updating this is not automated now - it’s hard-coded in lucene/site/xsl/index.xsl - the default codec doesn’t change in every release.  I’ll try to automate extracting the default from o.a.l.codecs.Codec#defaultCodec [ = Codec.forName(“Lucene46”)].

Lucene and Solr Javadocs look good.

Steve

On Nov 14, 2013, at 4:37 AM, Simon Willnauer <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Please vote for the first Release Candidate for Lucene/Solr 4.6.0
>
> you can download it here:
> http://people.apache.org/~simonw/staging_area/lucene-solr-4.6.0-RC1-rev1541686
>
> or run the smoke tester directly with this commandline (don't forget
> to set JAVA6_HOME etc.):
>
> python3.2 -u dev-tools/scripts/smokeTestRelease.py
> http://people.apache.org/~simonw/staging_area/lucene-solr-4.6.0-RC1-rev1541686
> 1541686 4.6.0 /tmp/smoke_test_4_6
>

> I integrated the RC into Elasticsearch and all tests pass:
>
> https://github.com/s1monw/elasticsearch/commit/765e3194bb23f202725bfb28d9a2fd7cc71b49de
>
> Smoketester said: SUCCESS! [1:15:57.339272]
>
> here is my +1
>

> Simon

Re: [VOTE] Lucene / Solr 4.6.0"

sarowe
I’ve committed fixes, to lucene_solr_4_6 as well as to branch_4x and trunk, for all the problems I mentioned.

The first revision including all these is 1542030.

Steve

On Nov 14, 2013, at 1:16 PM, Steve Rowe <[hidden email]> wrote:

> -1
>
> Smoke tester passes.
>
> Solr Changes look good, except that the “Upgrading from Solr 4.5.0” section” follows “Detailed Change List”, but should be above it; and one change attribution didn’t get recognized because it’s missing parens: "Elran Dvir via Erick Erickson".  Definitely not worth a respin in either case.
>
> Lucene Changes look good, except that the “API Changes” section in Changes.html is formatted as an item in the “Bug Fixes” section, rather than its own section.  I’ll fix.  (The issue is that “API Changes:” in CHANGES.txt has a trailing colon - the section name regex should allow this.)  This is probably not worth a respin.
>
> Lucene and Solr Documentation pages look good, except that the "File Formats” link from the Lucene Documentation page leads to the 4.5 format doc, rather than the 4.6 format doc (Lucene46Codec was introduced by LUCENE-5215).  This is respin-worthy.  Updating this is not automated now - it’s hard-coded in lucene/site/xsl/index.xsl - the default codec doesn’t change in every release.  I’ll try to automate extracting the default from o.a.l.codecs.Codec#defaultCodec [ = Codec.forName(“Lucene46”)].
>
> Lucene and Solr Javadocs look good.
>
> Steve
>
> On Nov 14, 2013, at 4:37 AM, Simon Willnauer <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Please vote for the first Release Candidate for Lucene/Solr 4.6.0
>>
>> you can download it here:
>> http://people.apache.org/~simonw/staging_area/lucene-solr-4.6.0-RC1-rev1541686
>>
>> or run the smoke tester directly with this commandline (don't forget
>> to set JAVA6_HOME etc.):
>>
>> python3.2 -u dev-tools/scripts/smokeTestRelease.py
>> http://people.apache.org/~simonw/staging_area/lucene-solr-4.6.0-RC1-rev1541686
>> 1541686 4.6.0 /tmp/smoke_test_4_6
>>

>> I integrated the RC into Elasticsearch and all tests pass:
>>
>> https://github.com/s1monw/elasticsearch/commit/765e3194bb23f202725bfb28d9a2fd7cc71b49de
>>
>> Smoketester said: SUCCESS! [1:15:57.339272]
>>
>> here is my +1
>>

>> Simon

Re: [VOTE] Lucene / Solr 4.6.0"

Simon Willnauer-4
Thanks Steve I won't get to this until next week. I will upload a new RC on monday.

Simon

Sent from my iPhone

> On 14 Nov 2013, at 20:20, Steve Rowe <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I’ve committed fixes, to lucene_solr_4_6 as well as to branch_4x and trunk, for all the problems I mentioned.
>
> The first revision including all these is 1542030.
>
> Steve
>
>> On Nov 14, 2013, at 1:16 PM, Steve Rowe <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> -1
>>
>> Smoke tester passes.
>>
>> Solr Changes look good, except that the “Upgrading from Solr 4.5.0” section” follows “Detailed Change List”, but should be above it; and one change attribution didn’t get recognized because it’s missing parens: "Elran Dvir via Erick Erickson".  Definitely not worth a respin in either case.
>>
>> Lucene Changes look good, except that the “API Changes” section in Changes.html is formatted as an item in the “Bug Fixes” section, rather than its own section.  I’ll fix.  (The issue is that “API Changes:” in CHANGES.txt has a trailing colon - the section name regex should allow this.)  This is probably not worth a respin.
>>
>> Lucene and Solr Documentation pages look good, except that the "File Formats” link from the Lucene Documentation page leads to the 4.5 format doc, rather than the 4.6 format doc (Lucene46Codec was introduced by LUCENE-5215).  This is respin-worthy.  Updating this is not automated now - it’s hard-coded in lucene/site/xsl/index.xsl - the default codec doesn’t change in every release.  I’ll try to automate extracting the default from o.a.l.codecs.Codec#defaultCodec [ = Codec.forName(“Lucene46”)].
>>
>> Lucene and Solr Javadocs look good.
>>
>> Steve
>>
>>> On Nov 14, 2013, at 4:37 AM, Simon Willnauer <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Please vote for the first Release Candidate for Lucene/Solr 4.6.0
>>>
>>> you can download it here:
>>> http://people.apache.org/~simonw/staging_area/lucene-solr-4.6.0-RC1-rev1541686
>>>
>>> or run the smoke tester directly with this commandline (don't forget
>>> to set JAVA6_HOME etc.):
>>>
>>> python3.2 -u dev-tools/scripts/smokeTestRelease.py
>>> http://people.apache.org/~simonw/staging_area/lucene-solr-4.6.0-RC1-rev1541686
>>> 1541686 4.6.0 /tmp/smoke_test_4_6
>>>

>>> I integrated the RC into Elasticsearch and all tests pass:
>>>
>>> https://github.com/s1monw/elasticsearch/commit/765e3194bb23f202725bfb28d9a2fd7cc71b49de
>>>
>>> Smoketester said: SUCCESS! [1:15:57.339272]
>>>
>>> here is my +1
>>>

>>> Simon

Re: [VOTE] Lucene / Solr 4.6.0"

Uwe Schindler
The PMC Chair is going to marry tomorrow... Simon has to come here and not do new RCs! :)

In any case, thanks for doing the release, Simon. I will do the next!

Uwe

Simon Willnauer <[hidden email]> schrieb:
[...]

H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, 28213 Bremen
http://www.thetaphi.de

Re: [VOTE] Lucene / Solr 4.6.0"

Michael McCandless-2
On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 3:11 PM, Uwe Schindler <[hidden email]> wrote:
> The PMC Chair is going to marry tomorrow... Simon has to come here and not
> do new RCs! :)

Congratulations on tying the knot, Uwe!!

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com

Re: [VOTE] Lucene / Solr 4.6.0"

Dawid Weiss
I think this calls for a *very* special release. :) Everything best
for both of you, Uwe!

Dawid

On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 9:11 PM, Uwe Schindler <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The PMC Chair is going to marry tomorrow... Simon has to come here and not
> do new RCs! :)
>
> In any case, thanks for doing the release, Simon. I will do the next!
>
> Uwe
>

> Simon Willnauer <[hidden email]> schrieb:
>>
>> Thanks Steve I won't get to this until next week. I will upload a new RC
>> on monday.
>>
>> Simon
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>>>  On 14 Nov 2013, at 20:20, Steve Rowe <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>>  I’ve committed fixes, to lucene_solr_4_6 as well as to branch_4x and
>>> trunk, for all the problems I mentioned.
>>>
>>>  The first revision including all these is 1542030.
>>>
>>>  Steve

>>>  For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

>> e-mail: [hidden email]

> Uwe Schindler
> H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, 28213 Bremen
> http://www.thetaphi.de

Re: [VOTE] Lucene / Solr 4.6.0"

sarowe
Congratulations Uwe!

On Nov 14, 2013, at 3:11 PM, Uwe Schindler <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
>
>  you can download it here:
>  http://people.apache.org/~simonw/staging_area/lucene-solr-4.6.0-RC1-rev1541686
>
>  or run the smoke tester directly with this commandline (don't forget
>  to set JAVA6_HOME etc.):
>
>  python3.2 -u dev-tools/scripts/smokeTestRelease.py
>  http://people.apache.org/~simonw/staging_area/lucene-solr-4.6.0-RC1-rev1541686
>  1541686 4.6.0 /tmp/smoke_test_4_6
>

>  I integrated the RC into Elasticsearch and all tests pass:
>
>  https://github.com/s1monw/elasticsearch/commit/765e3194bb23f202725bfb28d9a2fd7cc71b49de
>
>  Smoketester said: SUCCESS! [1:15:57.339272]
>
>  here is my +1
>

>  Simon
>

>  To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
>  For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>

>  To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
>  For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Re: [VOTE] Lucene / Solr 4.6.0"

Mark Miller-3

On Nov 14, 2013, at 3:11 PM, Uwe Schindler <[hidden email]> wrote:

The PMC Chair is going to marry tomorrow... Simon has to come here and not do new RCs! :)

+1 :)

- Mark

Re: [VOTE] Lucene / Solr 4.6.0"

Yonik Seeley-5
On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 3:11 PM, Uwe Schindler <[hidden email]> wrote:
> The PMC Chair is going to marry tomorrow...

Congrats Uwe!

-Yonik
http://heliosearch.com -- making solr shine

Re: [VOTE] Lucene / Solr 4.6.0"

Erick Erickson
Great news Uwe! Congrats!

Erick

On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 4:07 PM, Yonik Seeley <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 3:11 PM, Uwe Schindler <[hidden email]> wrote:
> The PMC Chair is going to marry tomorrow...

Congrats Uwe!

-Yonik
http://heliosearch.com -- making solr shine

Re: [VOTE] Lucene / Solr 4.6.0"

Koji Sekiguchi
Congrats Uwe! :)

koji

--
http://soleami.com/blog/automatically-acquiring-synonym-knowledge-from-wikipedia.html

RE: [VOTE] Lucene / Solr 4.6.0"

Wright, Karl
Congratulations, Uwe!
Karl

Sent from my Windows Phone

--
http://soleami.com/blog/automatically-acquiring-synonym-knowledge-from-wikipedia.html

Re: [VOTE] Lucene / Solr 4.6.0"

Chris Hostetter-3

FWIW: Something is wonky with the LUCENE-5283 changes (which are on
branch_4_6) making it impossible to run a single test from the top level
directory.

we should probably give dawid a chance to try and figure out the
problem before respining as well.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-5283?focusedCommentId=13823212&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-13823212

Re: [VOTE] Lucene / Solr 4.6.0"

Han Jiang-2
Wow, congratulations Uwe!

On Fri, Nov 15, 2013 at 4:11 AM, Uwe Schindler <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Team of Search Engine and Web Mining,
School of Electronic Engineering and Computer Science
,
Peking University, China