[VOTE] Release Lucene/Solr 8.0.0 RC3

jim ferenczi-2
Please vote for release candidate 3 for Lucene/Solr 8.0.0

The artifacts can be downloaded from https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/lucene/lucene-solr-8.0.0-RC3-reva9d80bf18af04850ea21dcf88a40367559fb246e
You can run the smoke tester directly with this command:
python3 -u dev-tools/scripts/smokeTestRelease.py https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/lucene/lucene-solr-8.0.0-RC3-reva9d80bf18af04850ea21dcf88a40367559fb246e

Here’s my +1
SUCCESS! [1:14:08.843490]

Re: [VOTE] Release Lucene/Solr 8.0.0 RC3

Noble Paul നോബിള്‍  नोब्ळ्
I would like to backport SOLR-13285

On Fri, Mar 8, 2019 at 3:53 AM jim ferenczi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Please vote for release candidate 3 for Lucene/Solr 8.0.0
>
> The artifacts can be downloaded from https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/lucene/lucene-solr-8.0.0-RC3-reva9d80bf18af04850ea21dcf88a40367559fb246e
> You can run the smoke tester directly with this command:
> python3 -u dev-tools/scripts/smokeTestRelease.py https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/lucene/lucene-solr-8.0.0-RC3-reva9d80bf18af04850ea21dcf88a40367559fb246e
>
> Here’s my +1
> SUCCESS! [1:14:08.843490]

Re: [VOTE] Release Lucene/Solr 8.0.0 RC3

Adrien Grand
It's not clear whether you are only asking for a backport or also for a respin.

I'm reluctant to respin: we built the first release candidate more
than 3 week ago now and have had to postpone it since then because of
late bugs. This is asking too much to the release manager in my
opinion. I am +1 to backport this change so that it makes it to 8.0.1,
or 8.0 if we decide to respin for another bug, but I think it's time
to raise the bar in terms of what bugs should be considered blockers
for 8.0.

On Thu, Mar 7, 2019 at 7:51 PM Noble Paul <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I would like to backport SOLR-13285
>
> On Fri, Mar 8, 2019 at 3:53 AM jim ferenczi <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Please vote for release candidate 3 for Lucene/Solr 8.0.0
> >
> > The artifacts can be downloaded from https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/lucene/lucene-solr-8.0.0-RC3-reva9d80bf18af04850ea21dcf88a40367559fb246e
> > You can run the smoke tester directly with this command:
> > python3 -u dev-tools/scripts/smokeTestRelease.py https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/lucene/lucene-solr-8.0.0-RC3-reva9d80bf18af04850ea21dcf88a40367559fb246e
> >
> > Here’s my +1
> > SUCCESS! [1:14:08.843490]

Adrien

Re: [VOTE] Release Lucene/Solr 8.0.0 RC3

Adrien Grand
+1 SUCCESS! [1:25:54.239684]

--
Adrien

Re: [VOTE] Release Lucene/Solr 8.0.0 RC3

Nhat Nguyen
+1 SUCCESS! [0:54:05.261238]

> On Mar 7, 2019, at 4:44 PM, Adrien Grand <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> +1 SUCCESS! [1:25:54.239684]
>
> On Thu, Mar 7, 2019 at 5:53 PM jim ferenczi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Please vote for release candidate 3 for Lucene/Solr 8.0.0
>>
>> The artifacts can be downloaded from https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/lucene/lucene-solr-8.0.0-RC3-reva9d80bf18af04850ea21dcf88a40367559fb246e
>> You can run the smoke tester directly with this command:
>> python3 -u dev-tools/scripts/smokeTestRelease.py https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/lucene/lucene-solr-8.0.0-RC3-reva9d80bf18af04850ea21dcf88a40367559fb246e
>>
>> Here’s my +1
>> SUCCESS! [1:14:08.843490]
>

> --
> Adrien

Re: [VOTE] Release Lucene/Solr 8.0.0 RC3

Tomás Fernández Löbbe
I understand the frustration with the delay and the number of respins, and I don't want to be disrespectful of Jim's time as RC, but from what I can see, SOLR-13285 would prevent anyone with enum fields to use Solr 8.0, and the fix is already available.

-0

On Thu, Mar 7, 2019 at 2:14 PM Nhat Nguyen <[hidden email]> wrote:
+1 SUCCESS! [0:54:05.261238]

> On Mar 7, 2019, at 4:44 PM, Adrien Grand <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> +1 SUCCESS! [1:25:54.239684]
>
> On Thu, Mar 7, 2019 at 5:53 PM jim ferenczi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Please vote for release candidate 3 for Lucene/Solr 8.0.0
>>
>> The artifacts can be downloaded from https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/lucene/lucene-solr-8.0.0-RC3-reva9d80bf18af04850ea21dcf88a40367559fb246e
>> You can run the smoke tester directly with this command:
>> python3 -u dev-tools/scripts/smokeTestRelease.py https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/lucene/lucene-solr-8.0.0-RC3-reva9d80bf18af04850ea21dcf88a40367559fb246e
>>
>> Here’s my +1
>> SUCCESS! [1:14:08.843490]
>

> --
> Adrien

Re: [VOTE] Release Lucene/Solr 8.0.0 RC3

Ishan Chattopadhyaya
In case we go through with this RC, I can volunteer to release a 8.0.1 (with SOLR-13285) immediately after 8.0.0 release.
@Adrien, Jim, I really understand the frustrations of an RM, and I also apologize for the delay I caused to this release due to the intermediate 7.7.1 release where I didn't do it as quickly as I could have (delay in building the RC, delay in backporting the backward compatibility indexes etc).

On Fri, Mar 8, 2019 at 10:52 AM Tomás Fernández Löbbe <[hidden email]> wrote:
I understand the frustration with the delay and the number of respins, and I don't want to be disrespectful of Jim's time as RC, but from what I can see, SOLR-13285 would prevent anyone with enum fields to use Solr 8.0, and the fix is already available.

-0

On Thu, Mar 7, 2019 at 2:14 PM Nhat Nguyen <[hidden email]> wrote:
+1 SUCCESS! [0:54:05.261238]

> On Mar 7, 2019, at 4:44 PM, Adrien Grand <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> +1 SUCCESS! [1:25:54.239684]
>
> On Thu, Mar 7, 2019 at 5:53 PM jim ferenczi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Please vote for release candidate 3 for Lucene/Solr 8.0.0
>>
>> The artifacts can be downloaded from https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/lucene/lucene-solr-8.0.0-RC3-reva9d80bf18af04850ea21dcf88a40367559fb246e
>> You can run the smoke tester directly with this command:
>> python3 -u dev-tools/scripts/smokeTestRelease.py https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/lucene/lucene-solr-8.0.0-RC3-reva9d80bf18af04850ea21dcf88a40367559fb246e
>>
>> Here’s my +1
>> SUCCESS! [1:14:08.843490]
>

> --
> Adrien

Re: [VOTE] Release Lucene/Solr 8.0.0 RC3

Anshum Gupta
Having done these releases more than a few times, I completely understand the frustration caused by such delays but I think that SOLR-13285 is something that really breaks Solr in a major version release. We can always have a 8.0.1 release that fixes it but I feel like it would not be a good thing to offer an 8.0.0 version to end-users knowing that it would cause issues for anyone using enum fields.

I am sorry that it would require more time and effort at the end of the RM but In my opinion, this is worth a respin.

Anshum

On Thu, Mar 7, 2019 at 10:52 PM Ishan Chattopadhyaya <[hidden email]> wrote:
In case we go through with this RC, I can volunteer to release a 8.0.1 (with SOLR-13285) immediately after 8.0.0 release.
@Adrien, Jim, I really understand the frustrations of an RM, and I also apologize for the delay I caused to this release due to the intermediate 7.7.1 release where I didn't do it as quickly as I could have (delay in building the RC, delay in backporting the backward compatibility indexes etc).

On Fri, Mar 8, 2019 at 10:52 AM Tomás Fernández Löbbe <[hidden email]> wrote:
I understand the frustration with the delay and the number of respins, and I don't want to be disrespectful of Jim's time as RC, but from what I can see, SOLR-13285 would prevent anyone with enum fields to use Solr 8.0, and the fix is already available.

-0

On Thu, Mar 7, 2019 at 2:14 PM Nhat Nguyen <[hidden email]> wrote:
+1 SUCCESS! [0:54:05.261238]

> On Mar 7, 2019, at 4:44 PM, Adrien Grand <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> +1 SUCCESS! [1:25:54.239684]
>
> On Thu, Mar 7, 2019 at 5:53 PM jim ferenczi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Please vote for release candidate 3 for Lucene/Solr 8.0.0
>>
>> The artifacts can be downloaded from https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/lucene/lucene-solr-8.0.0-RC3-reva9d80bf18af04850ea21dcf88a40367559fb246e
>> You can run the smoke tester directly with this command:
>> python3 -u dev-tools/scripts/smokeTestRelease.py https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/lucene/lucene-solr-8.0.0-RC3-reva9d80bf18af04850ea21dcf88a40367559fb246e
>>
>> Here’s my +1
>> SUCCESS! [1:14:08.843490]
>

> --
> Adrien

Re: [VOTE] Release Lucene/Solr 8.0.0 RC3

Adrien Grand
Since there is already a fix as Tomás mentioned, can someone backport
it to branch_8_0 so that we can try to get a new RC out today?

@Ishan Chattopadhyaya No worry at all, thanks for taking care of
getting 7.7.1 out.

On Fri, Mar 8, 2019 at 8:24 AM Anshum Gupta <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Having done these releases more than a few times, I completely understand the frustration caused by such delays but I think that SOLR-13285 is something that really breaks Solr in a major version release. We can always have a 8.0.1 release that fixes it but I feel like it would not be a good thing to offer an 8.0.0 version to end-users knowing that it would cause issues for anyone using enum fields.
>
> I am sorry that it would require more time and effort at the end of the RM but In my opinion, this is worth a respin.
>
> Anshum
>
> On Thu, Mar 7, 2019 at 10:52 PM Ishan Chattopadhyaya <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> In case we go through with this RC, I can volunteer to release a 8.0.1 (with SOLR-13285) immediately after 8.0.0 release.
>> @Adrien, Jim, I really understand the frustrations of an RM, and I also apologize for the delay I caused to this release due to the intermediate 7.7.1 release where I didn't do it as quickly as I could have (delay in building the RC, delay in backporting the backward compatibility indexes etc).
>>

>> On Fri, Mar 8, 2019 at 10:52 AM Tomás Fernández Löbbe <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> I understand the frustration with the delay and the number of respins, and I don't want to be disrespectful of Jim's time as RC, but from what I can see, SOLR-13285 would prevent anyone with enum fields to use Solr 8.0, and the fix is already available.
>>>
>>> -0

Adrien

Re: [VOTE] Release Lucene/Solr 8.0.0 RC3

kamaci

Sorry, but I also think that we should respin it if we can instead of running a release of 8.0.1.

Kind Regards,
Furkan KAMACI

On Fri, Mar 8, 2019 at 10:24 AM Anshum Gupta <[hidden email]> wrote:
Having done these releases more than a few times, I completely understand the frustration caused by such delays but I think that SOLR-13285 is something that really breaks Solr in a major version release. We can always have a 8.0.1 release that fixes it but I feel like it would not be a good thing to offer an 8.0.0 version to end-users knowing that it would cause issues for anyone using enum fields.

I am sorry that it would require more time and effort at the end of the RM but In my opinion, this is worth a respin.

Anshum

On Thu, Mar 7, 2019 at 10:52 PM Ishan Chattopadhyaya <[hidden email]> wrote:
In case we go through with this RC, I can volunteer to release a 8.0.1 (with SOLR-13285) immediately after 8.0.0 release.
@Adrien, Jim, I really understand the frustrations of an RM, and I also apologize for the delay I caused to this release due to the intermediate 7.7.1 release where I didn't do it as quickly as I could have (delay in building the RC, delay in backporting the backward compatibility indexes etc).

On Fri, Mar 8, 2019 at 10:52 AM Tomás Fernández Löbbe <[hidden email]> wrote:
I understand the frustration with the delay and the number of respins, and I don't want to be disrespectful of Jim's time as RC, but from what I can see, SOLR-13285 would prevent anyone with enum fields to use Solr 8.0, and the fix is already available.

-0

On Thu, Mar 7, 2019 at 2:14 PM Nhat Nguyen <[hidden email]> wrote:
+1 SUCCESS! [0:54:05.261238]

> On Mar 7, 2019, at 4:44 PM, Adrien Grand <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> +1 SUCCESS! [1:25:54.239684]
>
> On Thu, Mar 7, 2019 at 5:53 PM jim ferenczi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Please vote for release candidate 3 for Lucene/Solr 8.0.0
>>
>> The artifacts can be downloaded from https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/lucene/lucene-solr-8.0.0-RC3-reva9d80bf18af04850ea21dcf88a40367559fb246e
>> You can run the smoke tester directly with this command:
>> python3 -u dev-tools/scripts/smokeTestRelease.py https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/lucene/lucene-solr-8.0.0-RC3-reva9d80bf18af04850ea21dcf88a40367559fb246e
>>
>> Here’s my +1
>> SUCCESS! [1:14:08.843490]
>

> --
> Adrien

RE: [VOTE] Release Lucene/Solr 8.0.0 RC3

Uwe Schindler

I did the same tests like last time. Here the results:

https://jenkins.thetaphi.de/job/Lucene-Solr-Release-Tester/17/console

SUCCESS! [2:37:21.770467]

The testing was done with Java 8 and Java 9 (this is why it took longer).

I also checked Changes.txt, looks fine!

I also checked the ZIP files of Lucene and Solr. Lucene looks as usual, MIGRATE.txt is also fine – thanks for adding recent information! JAR files also look fine, compiled with correct version of Java and patches multi-release class files are there.

Apache Solr was unzipped and quickly tested on Windows: Startup with Java 8 and Java 11 worked without any problems from a directory with whitespace in path. I was able to do a HTTP/2 request with CURL (non-TLS) on both O/S (as ALPN is not available without TLS, the curl client needed to upgrade the request, so you see “101 Switching Protocols”):

Uwe Schindler@VEGA:~ > curl -I --http2 localhost:8983/solr/

HTTP/1.1 101 Switching Protocols

HTTP/2 200

x-frame-options: DENY

content-type: text/html;charset=utf-8

content-length: 14662

So, it worked. In the webbrowser it did not use HTTP/2, as browsers require SSL and ALPN for that (by default).

Next I enabled TLS support by creating a keystore. This time it was possible to start Solr on Java 8 and Java 11 – bug fixed. With Solr running in Java 8, CURL was only able to do a HTTP/1.1 request because ALPN told this to the curl client:

Uwe Schindler@VEGA:~ > curl -k -I --http2 https://localhost:8983/solr/

HTTP/1.1 200 OK

With Java 11, my curl test worked with HTTP/2, this time no protocol switch needed as ALPN is active:

Uwe Schindler@VEGA:~ > curl -k -I --http2 https://localhost:8983/solr/

HTTP/2 200

x-frame-options: DENY

content-type: text/html;charset=utf-8

content-length: 14662

I also checked in Chrome browser, this time it uses HTTP/2 to communicate with the admin interface. Fine!

+1 to release Lucene/Solr 8.0.0 (RC3).

Uwe

-----

Uwe Schindler

Achterdiek 19, D-28357 Bremen

http://www.thetaphi.de

SUCCESS! [1:14:08.843490]

Re: [VOTE] Release Lucene/Solr 8.0.0 RC3

jim ferenczi
I agree, let's respin today and initiate a new vote. Do we have a volunteer for the backport or should I do it ?

Le ven. 8 mars 2019 à 09:03, Adrien Grand <[hidden email]> a écrit :
Since there is already a fix as Tomás mentioned, can someone backport
it to branch_8_0 so that we can try to get a new RC out today?

@Ishan Chattopadhyaya No worry at all, thanks for taking care of
getting 7.7.1 out.

On Fri, Mar 8, 2019 at 8:24 AM Anshum Gupta <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Having done these releases more than a few times, I completely understand the frustration caused by such delays but I think that SOLR-13285 is something that really breaks Solr in a major version release. We can always have a 8.0.1 release that fixes it but I feel like it would not be a good thing to offer an 8.0.0 version to end-users knowing that it would cause issues for anyone using enum fields.
>
> I am sorry that it would require more time and effort at the end of the RM but In my opinion, this is worth a respin.
>
> Anshum
>
> On Thu, Mar 7, 2019 at 10:52 PM Ishan Chattopadhyaya <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> In case we go through with this RC, I can volunteer to release a 8.0.1 (with SOLR-13285) immediately after 8.0.0 release.
>> @Adrien, Jim, I really understand the frustrations of an RM, and I also apologize for the delay I caused to this release due to the intermediate 7.7.1 release where I didn't do it as quickly as I could have (delay in building the RC, delay in backporting the backward compatibility indexes etc).
>>

>> On Fri, Mar 8, 2019 at 10:52 AM Tomás Fernández Löbbe <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> I understand the frustration with the delay and the number of respins, and I don't want to be disrespectful of Jim's time as RC, but from what I can see, SOLR-13285 would prevent anyone with enum fields to use Solr 8.0, and the fix is already available.
>>>
>>> -0

Adrien

Re: [VOTE] Release Lucene/Solr 8.0.0 RC3

Anshum Gupta
I've back ported the commit. Just running the tests now and will commit as soon as the tests pass.

On Fri, Mar 8, 2019 at 12:34 AM jim ferenczi <[hidden email]> wrote:
I agree, let's respin today and initiate a new vote. Do we have a volunteer for the backport or should I do it ?

Le ven. 8 mars 2019 à 09:03, Adrien Grand <[hidden email]> a écrit :
Since there is already a fix as Tomás mentioned, can someone backport
it to branch_8_0 so that we can try to get a new RC out today?

@Ishan Chattopadhyaya No worry at all, thanks for taking care of
getting 7.7.1 out.

On Fri, Mar 8, 2019 at 8:24 AM Anshum Gupta <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Having done these releases more than a few times, I completely understand the frustration caused by such delays but I think that SOLR-13285 is something that really breaks Solr in a major version release. We can always have a 8.0.1 release that fixes it but I feel like it would not be a good thing to offer an 8.0.0 version to end-users knowing that it would cause issues for anyone using enum fields.
>
> I am sorry that it would require more time and effort at the end of the RM but In my opinion, this is worth a respin.
>
> Anshum
>
> On Thu, Mar 7, 2019 at 10:52 PM Ishan Chattopadhyaya <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> In case we go through with this RC, I can volunteer to release a 8.0.1 (with SOLR-13285) immediately after 8.0.0 release.
>> @Adrien, Jim, I really understand the frustrations of an RM, and I also apologize for the delay I caused to this release due to the intermediate 7.7.1 release where I didn't do it as quickly as I could have (delay in building the RC, delay in backporting the backward compatibility indexes etc).
>>

>> On Fri, Mar 8, 2019 at 10:52 AM Tomás Fernández Löbbe <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> I understand the frustration with the delay and the number of respins, and I don't want to be disrespectful of Jim's time as RC, but from what I can see, SOLR-13285 would prevent anyone with enum fields to use Solr 8.0, and the fix is already available.
>>>
>>> -0

Adrien

Re: [VOTE] Release Lucene/Solr 8.0.0 RC3

jim ferenczi
Thanks !

Le ven. 8 mars 2019 à 09:58, Anshum Gupta <[hidden email]> a écrit :
I've back ported the commit. Just running the tests now and will commit as soon as the tests pass.

On Fri, Mar 8, 2019 at 12:34 AM jim ferenczi <[hidden email]> wrote:
I agree, let's respin today and initiate a new vote. Do we have a volunteer for the backport or should I do it ?

Le ven. 8 mars 2019 à 09:03, Adrien Grand <[hidden email]> a écrit :
Since there is already a fix as Tomás mentioned, can someone backport
it to branch_8_0 so that we can try to get a new RC out today?

@Ishan Chattopadhyaya No worry at all, thanks for taking care of
getting 7.7.1 out.

On Fri, Mar 8, 2019 at 8:24 AM Anshum Gupta <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Having done these releases more than a few times, I completely understand the frustration caused by such delays but I think that SOLR-13285 is something that really breaks Solr in a major version release. We can always have a 8.0.1 release that fixes it but I feel like it would not be a good thing to offer an 8.0.0 version to end-users knowing that it would cause issues for anyone using enum fields.
>
> I am sorry that it would require more time and effort at the end of the RM but In my opinion, this is worth a respin.
>
> Anshum
>
> On Thu, Mar 7, 2019 at 10:52 PM Ishan Chattopadhyaya <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> In case we go through with this RC, I can volunteer to release a 8.0.1 (with SOLR-13285) immediately after 8.0.0 release.
>> @Adrien, Jim, I really understand the frustrations of an RM, and I also apologize for the delay I caused to this release due to the intermediate 7.7.1 release where I didn't do it as quickly as I could have (delay in building the RC, delay in backporting the backward compatibility indexes etc).
>>

>> On Fri, Mar 8, 2019 at 10:52 AM Tomás Fernández Löbbe <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> I understand the frustration with the delay and the number of respins, and I don't want to be disrespectful of Jim's time as RC, but from what I can see, SOLR-13285 would prevent anyone with enum fields to use Solr 8.0, and the fix is already available.
>>>
>>> -0

Adrien

Re: [VOTE] Release Lucene/Solr 8.0.0 RC3

Anshum Gupta
I've backported and pushed SOLR-13285 to branch_8_0 (https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=lucene-solr.git;h=2ae4746). Ran all tests and precommit.

Good luck, and hopefully this is it! Thank you once again for the patience, Jim.

On Fri, Mar 8, 2019 at 12:59 AM jim ferenczi <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks !

Le ven. 8 mars 2019 à 09:58, Anshum Gupta <[hidden email]> a écrit :
I've back ported the commit. Just running the tests now and will commit as soon as the tests pass.

On Fri, Mar 8, 2019 at 12:34 AM jim ferenczi <[hidden email]> wrote:
I agree, let's respin today and initiate a new vote. Do we have a volunteer for the backport or should I do it ?

Le ven. 8 mars 2019 à 09:03, Adrien Grand <[hidden email]> a écrit :
Since there is already a fix as Tomás mentioned, can someone backport
it to branch_8_0 so that we can try to get a new RC out today?

@Ishan Chattopadhyaya No worry at all, thanks for taking care of
getting 7.7.1 out.

On Fri, Mar 8, 2019 at 8:24 AM Anshum Gupta <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Having done these releases more than a few times, I completely understand the frustration caused by such delays but I think that SOLR-13285 is something that really breaks Solr in a major version release. We can always have a 8.0.1 release that fixes it but I feel like it would not be a good thing to offer an 8.0.0 version to end-users knowing that it would cause issues for anyone using enum fields.
>
> I am sorry that it would require more time and effort at the end of the RM but In my opinion, this is worth a respin.
>
> Anshum
>
> On Thu, Mar 7, 2019 at 10:52 PM Ishan Chattopadhyaya <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> In case we go through with this RC, I can volunteer to release a 8.0.1 (with SOLR-13285) immediately after 8.0.0 release.
>> @Adrien, Jim, I really understand the frustrations of an RM, and I also apologize for the delay I caused to this release due to the intermediate 7.7.1 release where I didn't do it as quickly as I could have (delay in building the RC, delay in backporting the backward compatibility indexes etc).
>>

>> On Fri, Mar 8, 2019 at 10:52 AM Tomás Fernández Löbbe <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> I understand the frustration with the delay and the number of respins, and I don't want to be disrespectful of Jim's time as RC, but from what I can see, SOLR-13285 would prevent anyone with enum fields to use Solr 8.0, and the fix is already available.
>>>
>>> -0

Adrien

Anshum Gupta