[VOTE] Release Lucene/Solr 8.0.0 RC4

jim ferenczi-2
Please vote for release candidate 4 for Lucene/Solr 8.0.0

The artifacts can be downloaded from https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/lucene/lucene-solr-8.0.0-RC4-rev2ae4746365c1ee72a0047ced7610b2096e438979/
You can run the smoke tester directly with this command:
python3 -u dev-tools/scripts/smokeTestRelease.py https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/lucene/lucene-solr-8.0.0-RC4-rev2ae4746365c1ee72a0047ced7610b2096e438979

Here's my +1
SUCCESS! [1:19:23.500783]

Re: [VOTE] Release Lucene/Solr 8.0.0 RC4

Adrien Grand
+1 SUCCESS! [1:33:23.139194]

--
Adrien

Re: [VOTE] Release Lucene/Solr 8.0.0 RC4

Michael McCandless-2
+1

SUCCESS! [0:43:36.323853]

On Fri, Mar 8, 2019 at 7:43 AM jim ferenczi <[hidden email]> wrote:
Please vote for release candidate 4 for Lucene/Solr 8.0.0

The artifacts can be downloaded from https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/lucene/lucene-solr-8.0.0-RC4-rev2ae4746365c1ee72a0047ced7610b2096e438979/
You can run the smoke tester directly with this command:
python3 -u dev-tools/scripts/smokeTestRelease.py https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/lucene/lucene-solr-8.0.0-RC4-rev2ae4746365c1ee72a0047ced7610b2096e438979

Here's my +1
SUCCESS! [1:19:23.500783]

Here's my +1
SUCCESS! [1:19:23.500783]

Re: [VOTE] Release Lucene/Solr 8.0.0 RC4

Jan Høydahl / Cominvent
+1

SUCCESS! [1:37:19.142875]

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com

8. mar. 2019 kl. 13:43 skrev jim ferenczi <[hidden email]>:

Please vote for release candidate 4 for Lucene/Solr 8.0.0

The artifacts can be downloaded from https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/lucene/lucene-solr-8.0.0-RC4-rev2ae4746365c1ee72a0047ced7610b2096e438979/
You can run the smoke tester directly with this command:
python3 -u dev-tools/scripts/smokeTestRelease.py https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/lucene/lucene-solr-8.0.0-RC4-rev2ae4746365c1ee72a0047ced7610b2096e438979

Here's my +1
SUCCESS! [1:19:23.500783]

Re: [VOTE] Release Lucene/Solr 8.0.0 RC4

Ignacio Vera
+1

SUCCESS! [1:26:13.469237]

On Fri, Mar 8, 2019 at 4:00 PM Jan Høydahl <[hidden email]> wrote:
+1

SUCCESS! [1:37:19.142875]

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com

8. mar. 2019 kl. 13:43 skrev jim ferenczi <[hidden email]>:

Please vote for release candidate 4 for Lucene/Solr 8.0.0

The artifacts can be downloaded from https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/lucene/lucene-solr-8.0.0-RC4-rev2ae4746365c1ee72a0047ced7610b2096e438979/
You can run the smoke tester directly with this command:
python3 -u dev-tools/scripts/smokeTestRelease.py https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/lucene/lucene-solr-8.0.0-RC4-rev2ae4746365c1ee72a0047ced7610b2096e438979

Here's my +1
SUCCESS! [1:19:23.500783]

Re: [VOTE] Release Lucene/Solr 8.0.0 RC4

Alan Woodward-3
+1

SUCCESS! [1:46:36.093805]

On 8 Mar 2019, at 15:18, Ignacio Vera <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Uwe Schindler

I did the same tests like last time. Here the results:

https://jenkins.thetaphi.de/job/Lucene-Solr-Release-Tester/18/console

SUCCESS! [2:36:19.284235]

The testing was done with Java 8 and Java 9 (this is why it took longer).

I also checked Changes.txt, looks fine!

I also checked the ZIP files of Lucene and Solr. Lucene looks as usual, MIGRATE.txt is also fine – thanks for adding recent information! JAR files also look fine, compiled with correct version of Java and patches multi-release class files are there.

Apache Solr was unzipped and quickly tested on Windows: Startup with Java 8 and Java 11 worked without any problems from a directory with whitespace in path. I was able to do a HTTP/2 request with CURL (non-TLS) on both O/S (as ALPN is not available without TLS, the curl client needed to upgrade the request, so you see “101 Switching Protocols”):

Uwe Schindler@VEGA:~ > curl -I --http2 localhost:8983/solr/

HTTP/1.1 101 Switching Protocols

HTTP/2 200

x-frame-options: DENY

content-type: text/html;charset=utf-8

content-length: 14662

So, it worked. In the webbrowser it did not use HTTP/2, as browsers require SSL and ALPN for that (by default).

Next I enabled TLS support by creating a keystore. This time it was possible to start Solr on Java 8 and Java 11 – bug fixed. With Solr running in Java 8, CURL was only able to do a HTTP/1.1 request because ALPN told this to the curl client:

Uwe Schindler@VEGA:~ > curl -k -I --http2 https://localhost:8983/solr/

HTTP/1.1 200 OK

With Java 11, my curl test worked with HTTP/2, this time no protocol switch needed as ALPN is active:

Uwe Schindler@VEGA:~ > curl -k -I --http2 https://localhost:8983/solr/

HTTP/2 200

x-frame-options: DENY

content-type: text/html;charset=utf-8

content-length: 14662

I also checked in Chrome browser, this time it uses HTTP/2 to communicate with the admin interface. Fine!

+1 to release Lucene/Solr 8.0.0 (RC4).

Uwe

-----

Uwe Schindler

Achterdiek 19, D-28357 Bremen

http://www.thetaphi.de

SUCCESS! [1:19:23.500783]

SUCCESS! [1:19:23.500783]

Re: [VOTE] Release Lucene/Solr 8.0.0 RC4

kamaci
Hi,

+1!

Kind Regards,
Furkan KAMACI

On Fri, Mar 8, 2019 at 10:08 PM Tomás Fernández Löbbe <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

SUCCESS! [1:19:23.500783]

Re: [VOTE] Release Lucene/Solr 8.0.0 RC4

Anshum Gupta
+1

Downloaded and tried standard indexing/search and everything worked as expected.
Changes look good.

SUCCESS! [1:15:03.494406]

Anshum Gupta

Re: [VOTE] Release Lucene/Solr 8.0.0 RC4

Shalin Shekhar Mangar
+1

SUCCESS! [1:21:54.453123]

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.