Verifying autoscale events via History Api

Verifying autoscale events via History Api

Duncan, Adam
Hi all,

We are trying to confirm that a Autoscaling ‘nodeAdded’ event triggers when a node joins the cluster using the History Api.
We’ve added a node to the cluster but do not see any records in the Autoscale History endpoint.
As a side note, we had to manually create the .system collection. The history endpoint was erroring with '.system collection does not exist'. So we created that collection manually. The History Api no longer errors, but has no records
This is for solr 7.3.

Our trigger and listener were created as standard based on the solr documentation (below):
triggers:
{

     *   node_added_trigger:
{

        *   event: "nodeAdded",
        *   waitFor: 1,
        *   actions:
[

           *   {
              *   name: "compute_plan",
              *   class: "solr.ComputePlanAction",
},

           *   {
              *   name: "execute_plan",
              *   class: "solr.ExecutePlanAction",
},
],

        *   enabled: true,
}
},

  *   listeners:
{

     *   node_added_trigger.system:
{

        *   trigger: "node_added_trigger",
        *   afterAction: [ ],
        *   stage:
[

           *   "STARTED",
           *   "ABORTED",
           *   "SUCCEEDED",
           *   "FAILED",
           *   "BEFORE_ACTION",
           *   "AFTER_ACTION",
           *   "IGNORED",
],

        *   class: "org.apache.solr.cloud.autoscaling.SystemLogListener",
        *   beforeAction: [ ],
}
},

Any thoughts on why we’re not seeing any event history ?

Thanks!
Adam