Web-Based Luke

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Web-Based Luke

Mark Miller-3
Did the GWT version of Luke that Mark Harwood started ever get dumped to
JIRA or anything? All I can find is a link to a war, but not the source.
Mark? Anyone?

- Mark

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Web-Based Luke

mark harwood
See http://search.lucidimagination.com/search/document/63cef9e98692a126/webluke_include_jetty_in_lucene_binary_distribution

There's a link to a zip file with source there which should still be available.



On 9 Jul 2010, at 15:14, Mark Miller <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Did the GWT version of Luke that Mark Harwood started ever get dumped to
> JIRA or anything? All I can find is a link to a war, but not the source.
> Mark? Anyone?
>
> - Mark
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Web-Based Luke

John Wang-9
Mark:

   This is a super useful tool! 

   Any plans of putting it under lucene contrib?

Thanks

-John

On Fri, Jul 9, 2010 at 7:26 AM, Mark Harwood <[hidden email]> wrote:
See http://search.lucidimagination.com/search/document/63cef9e98692a126/webluke_include_jetty_in_lucene_binary_distribution

There's a link to a zip file with source there which should still be available.



On 9 Jul 2010, at 15:14, Mark Miller <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Did the GWT version of Luke that Mark Harwood started ever get dumped to
> JIRA or anything? All I can find is a link to a war, but not the source.
> Mark? Anyone?
>
> - Mark
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Web-Based Luke

mark harwood
I had concerns about the bloat the gwt compiler would add to the source distro. 
If of interest it could do with upgrading to the latest gwt. Ideally all Luke front ends (swing/gwt/thinlet) would share the same back end api. Decoupling from thinlet as done in this webluke code is the first step down the road to a version of Luke that is apache-license-friendly and can therefore be maintained by the apache community.  

-----------------------------------

On 12 Jul 2010, at 00:02, John Wang <[hidden email]> wrote:

Mark:

   This is a super useful tool! 

   Any plans of putting it under lucene contrib?

Thanks

-John

On Fri, Jul 9, 2010 at 7:26 AM, Mark Harwood <[hidden email]> wrote:
See http://search.lucidimagination.com/search/document/63cef9e98692a126/webluke_include_jetty_in_lucene_binary_distribution

There's a link to a zip file with source there which should still be available.



On 9 Jul 2010, at 15:14, Mark Miller <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Did the GWT version of Luke that Mark Harwood started ever get dumped to
> JIRA or anything? All I can find is a link to a war, but not the source.
> Mark? Anyone?
>
> - Mark
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Web-Based Luke

John Wang-9
share FE with luke is defn a good idea.

any thoughts on putting webluke up on goog code or github?

-John

On Sun, Jul 11, 2010 at 10:22 PM, Mark Harwood <[hidden email]> wrote:
I had concerns about the bloat the gwt compiler would add to the source distro. 
If of interest it could do with upgrading to the latest gwt. Ideally all Luke front ends (swing/gwt/thinlet) would share the same back end api. Decoupling from thinlet as done in this webluke code is the first step down the road to a version of Luke that is apache-license-friendly and can therefore be maintained by the apache community.  

-----------------------------------

On 12 Jul 2010, at 00:02, John Wang <[hidden email]> wrote:

Mark:

   This is a super useful tool! 

   Any plans of putting it under lucene contrib?

Thanks

-John

On Fri, Jul 9, 2010 at 7:26 AM, Mark Harwood <[hidden email][hidden email]> wrote:
See http://search.lucidimagination.com/search/document/63cef9e98692a126/webluke_include_jetty_in_lucene_binary_distribution

There's a link to a zip file with source there which should still be available.



On 9 Jul 2010, at 15:14, Mark Miller <[hidden email][hidden email]> wrote:

> Did the GWT version of Luke that Mark Harwood started ever get dumped to
> JIRA or anything? All I can find is a link to a war, but not the source.
> Mark? Anyone?
>
> - Mark
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email][hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email][hidden email]
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email][hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email][hidden email]



Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Web-Based Luke

Andrzej Białecki-2
On 2010-07-12 09:14, John Wang wrote:
> share FE with luke is defn a good idea.
>
> any thoughts on putting webluke up on goog code or github?

Guys, if you want to move forward with webluke, I think it's better to
do this under Lucene contrib. The reason is that if there's a
substantial development done outside Apache then it will need a code
grant, and also it's more difficult for other Lucene committers to
participate in the outside development and to bring its results back to ASF.

I'm perfectly willing to donate all Luke's code to ASF, as I've said
many times in the past, if there's any chance of someone stepping in and
removing the Thinlet dependency. I'm also willing to work together as a
Lucene committer on an abstracted Luke core, if not on the GWT front-end
(I don't know GWT and I have too little time to learn it now).

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Bialecki     <><
  ___. ___ ___ ___ _ _   __________________________________
[__ || __|__/|__||\/|  Information Retrieval, Semantic Web
___|||__||  \|  ||  |  Embedded Unix, System Integration
http://www.sigram.com  Contact: info at sigram dot com


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Web-Based Luke

mark harwood
Agreed. I think apache is a preferable home.
The major change to Luke in providing a  Luke core api is the need to be remotable i.e. Use of an interface and serializable data objects used for args. Gwt rpc should take care of the marshalling and I've used similar frameworks for applet clients.

Like Andrzej I have limited time to work on this though. :(
----------------------------------------


On 12 Jul 2010, at 08:54, Andrzej Bialecki <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 2010-07-12 09:14, John Wang wrote:
>> share FE with luke is defn a good idea.
>>
>> any thoughts on putting webluke up on goog code or github?
>
> Guys, if you want to move forward with webluke, I think it's better to do this under Lucene contrib. The reason is that if there's a substantial development done outside Apache then it will need a code grant, and also it's more difficult for other Lucene committers to participate in the outside development and to bring its results back to ASF.
>
> I'm perfectly willing to donate all Luke's code to ASF, as I've said many times in the past, if there's any chance of someone stepping in and removing the Thinlet dependency. I'm also willing to work together as a Lucene committer on an abstracted Luke core, if not on the GWT front-end (I don't know GWT and I have too little time to learn it now).
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Andrzej Bialecki     <><
> ___. ___ ___ ___ _ _   __________________________________
> [__ || __|__/|__||\/|  Information Retrieval, Semantic Web
> ___|||__||  \|  ||  |  Embedded Unix, System Integration
> http://www.sigram.com  Contact: info at sigram dot com
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]