Welcome Areek Zillur as Lucene/Solr committer!

12

Welcome Areek Zillur as Lucene/Solr committer!

Robert Muir
I'm pleased to announce that Areek Zillur has accepted to join our ranks as a committer.

Areek has been improving suggester support in Lucene and Solr, including a revamped Solr component slated for the 4.7 release. [1]

Areek, it is tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio.

Once your account is setup, you should then be able to add yourself to the who we are page on the website as well.

Congratulations and welcome!

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-5378

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-5378

Re: Welcome Areek Zillur as Lucene/Solr committer!

Yonik Seeley-5
Welcome Areek!

-Yonik
http://heliosearch.com -- making solr shine

On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 2:26 PM, Robert Muir <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm pleased to announce that Areek Zillur has accepted to join our ranks as
> a committer.
>
> Areek has been improving suggester support in Lucene and Solr, including a
> revamped Solr component slated for the 4.7 release. [1]
>
> Areek, it is tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio.
>
> Once your account is setup, you should then be able to add yourself to the
> who we are page on the website as well.
>
> Congratulations and welcome!
>
> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-5378

Re: Welcome Areek Zillur as Lucene/Solr committer!

Areek Zillur
Thanks Robert! I am very pleased to be a committer to Lucene/Solr!

I am originally from Dhaka, Bangladesh. I am currently a 4th year Computer Engineering
student at University of Waterloo in Canada. I was fortunate enough to have multiple internships
all over North America through the university's co-op program.
I was first introduced to Lucene/Solr in one of my work-terms at A9 and
loved it.

I really enjoy the open-source development and the friendliness of the community
behind Lucene/Solr.
In my free time, I enjoy working on working on my  recreational algorithmic trading system and learning
new programming languages.

I hope to continue to work on Lucene/Solr and learn a lot more from the community!

Thanks,

Areek Zillur

On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 11:41 AM, Yonik Seeley <[hidden email]> wrote:
Welcome Areek!

-Yonik
http://heliosearch.com -- making solr shine

On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 2:26 PM, Robert Muir <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I'm pleased to announce that Areek Zillur has accepted to join our ranks as
> a committer.
>
> Areek has been improving suggester support in Lucene and Solr, including a
> revamped Solr component slated for the 4.7 release. [1]
>
> Areek, it is tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio.
>
> Once your account is setup, you should then be able to add yourself to the
> who we are page on the website as well.
>
> Congratulations and welcome!
>
> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-5378

Re: Welcome Areek Zillur as Lucene/Solr committer!

Michael McCandless-2
Welcome Areek!

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com

On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 3:30 PM, Areek Zillur <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks Robert! I am very pleased to be a committer to Lucene/Solr!
>
> I am originally from Dhaka, Bangladesh. I am currently a 4th year Computer
> Engineering
> student at University of Waterloo in Canada. I was fortunate enough to have
> multiple internships
> all over North America through the university's co-op program.
> I was first introduced to Lucene/Solr in one of my work-terms at A9 and
> loved it.
>
> I really enjoy the open-source development and the friendliness of the
> community
> behind Lucene/Solr.
> In my free time, I enjoy working on working on my  recreational algorithmic
> trading system and learning
> new programming languages.
>
> I hope to continue to work on Lucene/Solr and learn a lot more from the
> community!
>
> Thanks,
>
> Areek Zillur
>

> On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 11:41 AM, Yonik Seeley <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Welcome Areek!
>>
>> -Yonik
>> http://heliosearch.com -- making solr shine
>>
>> On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 2:26 PM, Robert Muir <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > I'm pleased to announce that Areek Zillur has accepted to join our ranks
>> > as
>> > a committer.
>> >
>> > Areek has been improving suggester support in Lucene and Solr, including
>> > revamped Solr component slated for the 4.7 release. [1]
>> >
>> > Areek, it is tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio.
>> >
>> > Once your account is setup, you should then be able to add yourself to
>> > the
>> > who we are page on the website as well.
>> >
>> > Congratulations and welcome!
>> >
>> > [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-5378

Re: Welcome Areek Zillur as Lucene/Solr committer!

Kranti Parisa
Welcome Areek and thanks for sharing your journey, so far, with Solr!

On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 3:43 PM, Michael McCandless <[hidden email]> wrote:
Welcome Areek!

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com

On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 3:30 PM, Areek Zillur <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Thanks Robert! I am very pleased to be a committer to Lucene/Solr!
>
> I am originally from Dhaka, Bangladesh. I am currently a 4th year Computer
> Engineering
> student at University of Waterloo in Canada. I was fortunate enough to have
> multiple internships
> all over North America through the university's co-op program.
> I was first introduced to Lucene/Solr in one of my work-terms at A9 and
> loved it.
>
> I really enjoy the open-source development and the friendliness of the
> community
> behind Lucene/Solr.
> In my free time, I enjoy working on working on my  recreational algorithmic
> trading system and learning
> new programming languages.
>
> I hope to continue to work on Lucene/Solr and learn a lot more from the
> community!
>
> Thanks,
>
> Areek Zillur
>

> On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 11:41 AM, Yonik Seeley <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Welcome Areek!
>>
>> -Yonik
>> http://heliosearch.com -- making solr shine
>>
>> On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 2:26 PM, Robert Muir <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > I'm pleased to announce that Areek Zillur has accepted to join our ranks
>> > as
>> > a committer.
>> >
>> > Areek has been improving suggester support in Lucene and Solr, including
>> > revamped Solr component slated for the 4.7 release. [1]
>> >
>> > Areek, it is tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio.
>> >
>> > Once your account is setup, you should then be able to add yourself to
>> > the
>> > who we are page on the website as well.
>> >
>> > Congratulations and welcome!
>> >
>> > [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-5378

Re: Welcome Areek Zillur as Lucene/Solr committer!

Adrien Grand
Welcome Areek!

On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 9:30 PM, Areek Zillur <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks Robert! I am very pleased to be a committer to Lucene/Solr!
>
> I am originally from Dhaka, Bangladesh. I am currently a 4th year Computer
> Engineering
> student at University of Waterloo in Canada. I was fortunate enough to have
> multiple internships
> all over North America through the university's co-op program.
> I was first introduced to Lucene/Solr in one of my work-terms at A9 and
> loved it.
>
> I really enjoy the open-source development and the friendliness of the
> community
> behind Lucene/Solr.
> In my free time, I enjoy working on working on my  recreational algorithmic
> trading system and learning
> new programming languages.
>
> I hope to continue to work on Lucene/Solr and learn a lot more from the
> community!
>
> Thanks,
>
> Areek Zillur
>

> On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 11:41 AM, Yonik Seeley <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Welcome Areek!
>>
>> -Yonik
>> http://heliosearch.com -- making solr shine
>>
>> On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 2:26 PM, Robert Muir <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > I'm pleased to announce that Areek Zillur has accepted to join our ranks
>> > as
>> > a committer.
>> >
>> > Areek has been improving suggester support in Lucene and Solr, including
>> > revamped Solr component slated for the 4.7 release. [1]
>> >
>> > Areek, it is tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio.
>> >
>> > Once your account is setup, you should then be able to add yourself to
>> > the
>> > who we are page on the website as well.
>> >
>> > Congratulations and welcome!
>> >
>> > [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-5378

Adrien

RE: Welcome Areek Zillur as Lucene/Solr committer!

Uwe Schindler

Welcome Areek!

-----

Uwe Schindler

H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen

http://www.thetaphi.de

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-5378

Re: Welcome Areek Zillur as Lucene/Solr committer!

Alan Woodward-2
Welcome Areek!

Alan Woodward
www.flax.co.uk

On 21 Jan 2014, at 20:30, Areek Zillur wrote:

Thanks Robert! I am very pleased to be a committer to Lucene/Solr!

I am originally from Dhaka, Bangladesh. I am currently a 4th year Computer Engineering
student at University of Waterloo in Canada. I was fortunate enough to have multiple internships
all over North America through the university's co-op program.
I was first introduced to Lucene/Solr in one of my work-terms at A9 and
loved it.

I really enjoy the open-source development and the friendliness of the community
behind Lucene/Solr.
In my free time, I enjoy working on working on my  recreational algorithmic trading system and learning
new programming languages.

I hope to continue to work on Lucene/Solr and learn a lot more from the community!

Thanks,

Areek Zillur

On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 11:41 AM, Yonik Seeley <[hidden email]> wrote:
Welcome Areek!

-Yonik
http://heliosearch.com -- making solr shine

On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 2:26 PM, Robert Muir <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I'm pleased to announce that Areek Zillur has accepted to join our ranks as
> a committer.
>
> Areek has been improving suggester support in Lucene and Solr, including a
> revamped Solr component slated for the 4.7 release. [1]
>
> Areek, it is tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio.
>
> Once your account is setup, you should then be able to add yourself to the
> who we are page on the website as well.
>
> Congratulations and welcome!
>
> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-5378

Re: Welcome Areek Zillur as Lucene/Solr committer!

Jan Høydahl / Cominvent
Welcome Areek!

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com

21. jan. 2014 kl. 20:26 skrev Robert Muir <[hidden email]>:

I'm pleased to announce that Areek Zillur has accepted to join our ranks as a committer.

Areek has been improving suggester support in Lucene and Solr, including a revamped Solr component slated for the 4.7 release. [1]

Areek, it is tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio.

Once your account is setup, you should then be able to add yourself to the who we are page on the website as well.

Congratulations and welcome!

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-5378

Re: Welcome Areek Zillur as Lucene/Solr committer!

Dawid Weiss
Congratulations and welcome, Areek!

On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 11:43 PM, Christian Moen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Great! Congrats and welcome, Areek!
>
> Best,
> Christian
>
> On Jan 22, 2014, at 4:26 AM, Robert Muir <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I'm pleased to announce that Areek Zillur has accepted to join our ranks as
> a committer.
>
> Areek has been improving suggester support in Lucene and Solr, including a
> revamped Solr component slated for the 4.7 release. [1]
>
> Areek, it is tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio.
>
> Once your account is setup, you should then be able to add yourself to the
> who we are page on the website as well.
>
> Congratulations and welcome!
>
> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-5378

Re: Welcome Areek Zillur as Lucene/Solr committer!

Joel Bernstein
Congratulations Areek!

Joel Bernstein
Search Engineer at Heliosearch

On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 5:47 PM, Dawid Weiss <[hidden email]> wrote:
Congratulations and welcome, Areek!

On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 11:43 PM, Christian Moen <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Great! Congrats and welcome, Areek!
>
> Best,
> Christian
>
> On Jan 22, 2014, at 4:26 AM, Robert Muir <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I'm pleased to announce that Areek Zillur has accepted to join our ranks as
> a committer.
>
> Areek has been improving suggester support in Lucene and Solr, including a
> revamped Solr component slated for the 4.7 release. [1]
>
> Areek, it is tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio.
>
> Once your account is setup, you should then be able to add yourself to the
> who we are page on the website as well.
>
> Congratulations and welcome!
>
> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-5378

Re: Welcome Areek Zillur as Lucene/Solr committer!

Erick Erickson
Welcome aboard Areek!

On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 7:33 PM, Joel Bernstein <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Congratulations Areek!
>
> Joel Bernstein
> Search Engineer at Heliosearch
>

> On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 5:47 PM, Dawid Weiss <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Congratulations and welcome, Areek!
>>
>> On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 11:43 PM, Christian Moen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > Great! Congrats and welcome, Areek!
>> >
>> > Best,
>> > Christian
>> >
>> > On Jan 22, 2014, at 4:26 AM, Robert Muir <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> >
>> > I'm pleased to announce that Areek Zillur has accepted to join our ranks
>> > as
>> > a committer.
>> >
>> > Areek has been improving suggester support in Lucene and Solr, including
>> > revamped Solr component slated for the 4.7 release. [1]
>> >
>> > Areek, it is tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio.
>> >
>> > Once your account is setup, you should then be able to add yourself to
>> > the
>> > who we are page on the website as well.
>> >
>> > Congratulations and welcome!
>> >
>> > [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-5378

Re: Welcome Areek Zillur as Lucene/Solr committer!

Mark Miller-3
Welcome Areek!

- Mark

On Jan 21, 2014, 8:05:32 PM, Erick Erickson <[hidden email]> wrote:
Welcome aboard Areek!

On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 7:33 PM, Joel Bernstein <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Congratulations Areek!
>
> Joel Bernstein
> Search Engineer at Heliosearch
>

> On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 5:47 PM, Dawid Weiss <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Congratulations and welcome, Areek!
>>
>> On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 11:43 PM, Christian Moen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > Great! Congrats and welcome, Areek!
>> >
>> > Best,
>> > Christian
>> >
>> > On Jan 22, 2014, at 4:26 AM, Robert Muir <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> >
>> > I'm pleased to announce that Areek Zillur has accepted to join our ranks
>> > as
>> > a committer.
>> >
>> > Areek has been improving suggester support in Lucene and Solr, including
>> > revamped Solr component slated for the 4.7 release. [1]
>> >
>> > Areek, it is tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio.
>> >
>> > Once your account is setup, you should then be able to add yourself to
>> > the
>> > who we are page on the website as well.
>> >
>> > Congratulations and welcome!
>> >
>> > [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-5378

Re: Welcome Areek Zillur as Lucene/Solr committer!

Shalin Shekhar Mangar
Welcome Areek!

On Wed, Jan 22, 2014 at 2:00 AM, Areek Zillur <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks Robert! I am very pleased to be a committer to Lucene/Solr!
>
> I am originally from Dhaka, Bangladesh. I am currently a 4th year Computer
> Engineering
> student at University of Waterloo in Canada. I was fortunate enough to have
> multiple internships
> all over North America through the university's co-op program.
> I was first introduced to Lucene/Solr in one of my work-terms at A9 and
> loved it.
>
> I really enjoy the open-source development and the friendliness of the
> community
> behind Lucene/Solr.
> In my free time, I enjoy working on working on my  recreational algorithmic
> trading system and learning
> new programming languages.
>
> I hope to continue to work on Lucene/Solr and learn a lot more from the
> community!
>
> Thanks,
>
> Areek Zillur
>

> On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 11:41 AM, Yonik Seeley <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Welcome Areek!
>>
>> -Yonik
>> http://heliosearch.com -- making solr shine
>>
>> On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 2:26 PM, Robert Muir <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > I'm pleased to announce that Areek Zillur has accepted to join our ranks
>> > as
>> > a committer.
>> >
>> > Areek has been improving suggester support in Lucene and Solr, including
>> > revamped Solr component slated for the 4.7 release. [1]
>> >
>> > Areek, it is tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio.
>> >
>> > Once your account is setup, you should then be able to add yourself to
>> > the
>> > who we are page on the website as well.
>> >
>> > Congratulations and welcome!
>> >
>> > [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-5378

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.

Re: Welcome Areek Zillur as Lucene/Solr committer!

Han Jiang

On Wed, Jan 22, 2014 at 12:57 PM, Shalin Shekhar Mangar <[hidden email]> wrote:
Welcome Areek!

On Wed, Jan 22, 2014 at 2:00 AM, Areek Zillur <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Thanks Robert! I am very pleased to be a committer to Lucene/Solr!
>
> I am originally from Dhaka, Bangladesh. I am currently a 4th year Computer
> Engineering
> student at University of Waterloo in Canada. I was fortunate enough to have
> multiple internships
> all over North America through the university's co-op program.
> I was first introduced to Lucene/Solr in one of my work-terms at A9 and
> loved it.
>
> I really enjoy the open-source development and the friendliness of the
> community
> behind Lucene/Solr.
> In my free time, I enjoy working on working on my  recreational algorithmic
> trading system and learning
> new programming languages.
>
> I hope to continue to work on Lucene/Solr and learn a lot more from the
> community!
>
> Thanks,
>
> Areek Zillur
>

> On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 11:41 AM, Yonik Seeley <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Welcome Areek!
>>
>> -Yonik
>> http://heliosearch.com -- making solr shine
>>
>> On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 2:26 PM, Robert Muir <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > I'm pleased to announce that Areek Zillur has accepted to join our ranks
>> > as
>> > a committer.
>> >
>> > Areek has been improving suggester support in Lucene and Solr, including
>> > revamped Solr component slated for the 4.7 release. [1]
>> >
>> > Areek, it is tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio.
>> >
>> > Once your account is setup, you should then be able to add yourself to
>> > the
>> > who we are page on the website as well.
>> >
>> > Congratulations and welcome!
>> >
>> > [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-5378

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.

Han Jiang

Team of Search Engine and Web Mining,
School of Electronic Engineering and Computer Science
,
Peking University, China

Re: Welcome Areek Zillur as Lucene/Solr committer!

Koji Sekiguchi
Welcome, Areek!

koji
--
http://soleami.com/blog/mahout-and-machine-learning-training-course-is-here.html

(14/01/22 4:26), Robert Muir wrote:

> I'm pleased to announce that Areek Zillur has accepted to join our ranks as
> a committer.
>
> Areek has been improving suggester support in Lucene and Solr, including a
> revamped Solr component slated for the 4.7 release. [1]
>
> Areek, it is tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio.
>
> Once your account is setup, you should then be able to add yourself to the
> who we are page on the website as well.
>
> Congratulations and welcome!
>
> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-5378

Re: Welcome Areek Zillur as Lucene/Solr committer!

Martijn v Groningen-2
Welcome Areek!

On 23 January 2014 01:39, Koji Sekiguchi <[hidden email]> wrote:
Welcome, Areek!

koji
--
http://soleami.com/blog/mahout-and-machine-learning-training-course-is-here.html

(14/01/22 4:26), Robert Muir wrote:
I'm pleased to announce that Areek Zillur has accepted to join our ranks as
a committer.

Areek has been improving suggester support in Lucene and Solr, including a
revamped Solr component slated for the 4.7 release. [1]

Areek, it is tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio.

Once your account is setup, you should then be able to add yourself to the
who we are page on the website as well.

Congratulations and welcome!

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-5378

Met vriendelijke groet,