Welcome Benson Margulies as Lucene/Solr committer!

12

Welcome Benson Margulies as Lucene/Solr committer!

Michael McCandless-2
I'm pleased to announce that Benson Margulies has accepted to join our
ranks as a committer.

Benson has been involved in a number of Lucene/Solr issues over time
(see http://jirasearch.mikemccandless.com/search.py?index=jira&chg=dds&a1=allUsers&a2=Benson+Margulies
), most recently on debugging tricky analysis issues.

Benson, it is tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio.
I know you're heavily involved in other Apache projects already...

Once your account is set up, you should then be able to add yourself
to the who we are page on the website as well.

Congratulations and welcome!

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com

Re: Welcome Benson Margulies as Lucene/Solr committer!

Yonik Seeley-5
Congrats Benson!

-Yonik
http://heliosearch.com -- making solr shine

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm pleased to announce that Benson Margulies has accepted to join our
> ranks as a committer.
>
> Benson has been involved in a number of Lucene/Solr issues over time
> (see http://jirasearch.mikemccandless.com/search.py?index=jira&chg=dds&a1=allUsers&a2=Benson+Margulies
> ), most recently on debugging tricky analysis issues.
>
> Benson, it is tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio.
> I know you're heavily involved in other Apache projects already...
>
> Once your account is set up, you should then be able to add yourself
> to the who we are page on the website as well.
>
> Congratulations and welcome!
>
> Mike McCandless
>
> http://blog.mikemccandless.com

Re: Welcome Benson Margulies as Lucene/Solr committer!

Dawid Weiss
Congratulations, Benson!

D.

On Sat, Jan 25, 2014 at 10:45 PM, Yonik Seeley <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Congrats Benson!
>
> -Yonik
> http://heliosearch.com -- making solr shine
>

> On Sat, Jan 25, 2014 at 4:40 PM, Michael McCandless
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I'm pleased to announce that Benson Margulies has accepted to join our
>> ranks as a committer.
>>
>> Benson has been involved in a number of Lucene/Solr issues over time
>> (see http://jirasearch.mikemccandless.com/search.py?index=jira&chg=dds&a1=allUsers&a2=Benson+Margulies
>> ), most recently on debugging tricky analysis issues.
>>
>> Benson, it is tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio.
>> I know you're heavily involved in other Apache projects already...
>>
>> Once your account is set up, you should then be able to add yourself
>> to the who we are page on the website as well.
>>
>> Congratulations and welcome!
>>
>> Mike McCandless
>>
>> http://blog.mikemccandless.com

Re: Welcome Benson Margulies as Lucene/Solr committer!

Benson Margulies
Hello Lucene development community, it's a pleasure to be welcomed aboard.

In my view, the significant aspect of my bio is that I've been
implementing things that go into or around Lucene for many years now.
During the 'day', I'm the CTO of a company that works in the area of
text analytics. We build Tokenizers and TokenFilters to allow our
users to integrate our components into Lucene, and we've used Lucene
and Solr as components of NLP devices that search on a large scale. So
I have an abiding interest in the analysis chain and in the
intersection of NLP and search.

Elsewhere in Apache, I'm an active Maven dev, a semi-retired CXF dev,
and a sort of uncle of several other projects. So I'm prone to be
helpful or annoying with issues of Maven and Web Services.

Thanks again, benson

p.s. I think Uwe has already added me to the necessary wiring; would
some kind soul please point me to the explanation of how the web site
is maintained so I can add myself? Is it just the ASF CMS?

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm pleased to announce that Benson Margulies has accepted to join our
> ranks as a committer.
>
> Benson has been involved in a number of Lucene/Solr issues over time
> (see http://jirasearch.mikemccandless.com/search.py?index=jira&chg=dds&a1=allUsers&a2=Benson+Margulies
> ), most recently on debugging tricky analysis issues.
>
> Benson, it is tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio.
> I know you're heavily involved in other Apache projects already...
>
> Once your account is set up, you should then be able to add yourself
> to the who we are page on the website as well.
>
> Congratulations and welcome!
>
> Mike McCandless
>
> http://blog.mikemccandless.com

RE: Welcome Benson Margulies as Lucene/Solr committer!

Uwe Schindler
Welcome Benson!

Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen
http://www.thetaphi.de
eMail: [hidden email]

sarowe
Welcome Benson!

> would some kind soul please point me to the explanation of how the
> web site is maintained so I can add myself? Is it just the ASF CMS?

It is the ASF CMS - see the "how to update the website" link from <http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/CommittersResources>.

Steve

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> I'm pleased to announce that Benson Margulies has accepted to join our
> ranks as a committer.
>
> Benson has been involved in a number of Lucene/Solr issues over time
> (see http://jirasearch.mikemccandless.com/search.py?index=jira&chg=dds&a1=allUsers&a2=Benson+Margulies
> ), most recently on debugging tricky analysis issues.
>
> Benson, it is tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio.
> I know you're heavily involved in other Apache projects already...
>
> Once your account is set up, you should then be able to add yourself
> to the who we are page on the website as well.
>
> Congratulations and welcome!
>
> Mike McCandless
>
> http://blog.mikemccandless.com

Re: Welcome Benson Margulies as Lucene/Solr committer!

Areek Zillur
Welcome Benson!
-Areek

Welcome Benson!

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> I'm pleased to announce that Benson Margulies has accepted to join our
> ranks as a committer.
>
> Benson has been involved in a number of Lucene/Solr issues over time
> (see http://jirasearch.mikemccandless.com/search.py?index=jira&chg=dds&a1=allUsers&a2=Benson+Margulies
> ), most recently on debugging tricky analysis issues.
>
> Benson, it is tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio.
> I know you're heavily involved in other Apache projects already...
>
> Once your account is set up, you should then be able to add yourself
> to the who we are page on the website as well.
>
> Congratulations and welcome!
>
> Mike McCandless
>
> http://blog.mikemccandless.com

Re: Welcome Benson Margulies as Lucene/Solr committer!

Christian Moen
Welcome, Benson!

Christian Moen
http://atilika.com

On Jan 26, 2014, at 6:40 AM, Michael McCandless <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm pleased to announce that Benson Margulies has accepted to join our
> ranks as a committer.
>
> Benson has been involved in a number of Lucene/Solr issues over time
> (see http://jirasearch.mikemccandless.com/search.py?index=jira&chg=dds&a1=allUsers&a2=Benson+Margulies
> ), most recently on debugging tricky analysis issues.
>
> Benson, it is tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio.
> I know you're heavily involved in other Apache projects already...
>
> Once your account is set up, you should then be able to add yourself
> to the who we are page on the website as well.
>
> Congratulations and welcome!
>
> Mike McCandless
>
> http://blog.mikemccandless.com

Re: Welcome Benson Margulies as Lucene/Solr committer!

Han Jiang
Welcome Benson!

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> I'm pleased to announce that Benson Margulies has accepted to join our
> ranks as a committer.
>
> Benson has been involved in a number of Lucene/Solr issues over time
> (see http://jirasearch.mikemccandless.com/search.py?index=jira&chg=dds&a1=allUsers&a2=Benson+Margulies
> ), most recently on debugging tricky analysis issues.
>
> Benson, it is tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio.
> I know you're heavily involved in other Apache projects already...
>
> Once your account is set up, you should then be able to add yourself
> to the who we are page on the website as well.
>
> Congratulations and welcome!
>
> Mike McCandless
>
> http://blog.mikemccandless.com

Han Jiang

Team of Search Engine and Web Mining,
School of Electronic Engineering and Computer Science
,
Peking University, China

Re: Welcome Benson Margulies as Lucene/Solr committer!

Otis Gospodnetić
Welcome! :)

Otis

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> I'm pleased to announce that Benson Margulies has accepted to join our
> ranks as a committer.
>
> Benson has been involved in a number of Lucene/Solr issues over time
> (see http://jirasearch.mikemccandless.com/search.py?index=jira&chg=dds&a1=allUsers&a2=Benson+Margulies
> ), most recently on debugging tricky analysis issues.
>
> Benson, it is tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio.
> I know you're heavily involved in other Apache projects already...
>
> Once your account is set up, you should then be able to add yourself
> to the who we are page on the website as well.
>
> Congratulations and welcome!
>
> Mike McCandless
>
> http://blog.mikemccandless.com

Re: Welcome Benson Margulies as Lucene/Solr committer!

Shalin Shekhar Mangar
Welcome Benson!

On Sun, Jan 26, 2014 at 3:10 AM, Michael McCandless
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm pleased to announce that Benson Margulies has accepted to join our
> ranks as a committer.
>
> Benson has been involved in a number of Lucene/Solr issues over time
> (see http://jirasearch.mikemccandless.com/search.py?index=jira&chg=dds&a1=allUsers&a2=Benson+Margulies
> ), most recently on debugging tricky analysis issues.
>
> Benson, it is tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio.
> I know you're heavily involved in other Apache projects already...
>
> Once your account is set up, you should then be able to add yourself
> to the who we are page on the website as well.
>
> Congratulations and welcome!
>
> Mike McCandless
>
> http://blog.mikemccandless.com

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.

Re: Welcome Benson Margulies as Lucene/Solr committer!

Mark Miller-3
Welcome!

- Mark

http://about.me/markrmiller

On Jan 25, 2014, at 4:40 PM, Michael McCandless <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm pleased to announce that Benson Margulies has accepted to join our
> ranks as a committer.
>
> Benson has been involved in a number of Lucene/Solr issues over time
> (see http://jirasearch.mikemccandless.com/search.py?index=jira&chg=dds&a1=allUsers&a2=Benson+Margulies
> ), most recently on debugging tricky analysis issues.
>
> Benson, it is tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio.
> I know you're heavily involved in other Apache projects already...
>
> Once your account is set up, you should then be able to add yourself
> to the who we are page on the website as well.
>
> Congratulations and welcome!
>
> Mike McCandless
>
> http://blog.mikemccandless.com

Re: Welcome Benson Margulies as Lucene/Solr committer!

Erick Erickson
Good to have you aboard!

Erick

On Sat, Jan 25, 2014 at 10:52 PM, Mark Miller <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Welcome!
>
> - Mark
>
> http://about.me/markrmiller
>
> On Jan 25, 2014, at 4:40 PM, Michael McCandless <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I'm pleased to announce that Benson Margulies has accepted to join our
>> ranks as a committer.
>>
>> Benson has been involved in a number of Lucene/Solr issues over time
>> (see http://jirasearch.mikemccandless.com/search.py?index=jira&chg=dds&a1=allUsers&a2=Benson+Margulies
>> ), most recently on debugging tricky analysis issues.
>>
>> Benson, it is tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio.
>> I know you're heavily involved in other Apache projects already...
>>
>> Once your account is set up, you should then be able to add yourself
>> to the who we are page on the website as well.
>>
>> Congratulations and welcome!
>>
>> Mike McCandless
>>
>> http://blog.mikemccandless.com

Re: Welcome Benson Margulies as Lucene/Solr committer!

Shawn Heisey-4
On 1/25/2014 2:40 PM, Michael McCandless wrote:
> I'm pleased to announce that Benson Margulies has accepted to join our
> ranks as a committer.
>
> Benson has been involved in a number of Lucene/Solr issues over time
> (see http://jirasearch.mikemccandless.com/search.py?index=jira&chg=dds&a1=allUsers&a2=Benson+Margulies
> ), most recently on debugging tricky analysis issues.

Congratulations and welcome!  One more to try and keep me in line.

Re: Welcome Benson Margulies as Lucene/Solr committer!

Joel Bernstein
Welcome Benson!

Joel Bernstein
Search Engineer at Heliosearch

On Sun, Jan 26, 2014 at 12:43 PM, Shawn Heisey <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 1/25/2014 2:40 PM, Michael McCandless wrote:
> I'm pleased to announce that Benson Margulies has accepted to join our
> ranks as a committer.
>
> Benson has been involved in a number of Lucene/Solr issues over time
> (see http://jirasearch.mikemccandless.com/search.py?index=jira&chg=dds&a1=allUsers&a2=Benson+Margulies
> ), most recently on debugging tricky analysis issues.

Congratulations and welcome!  One more to try and keep me in line.

Re: Welcome Benson Margulies as Lucene/Solr committer!

Koji Sekiguchi
Welcome, Benson!

koji
--
http://soleami.com/blog/mahout-and-machine-learning-training-course-is-here.html

(14/01/26 6:40), Michael McCandless wrote:

> I'm pleased to announce that Benson Margulies has accepted to join our
> ranks as a committer.
>
> Benson has been involved in a number of Lucene/Solr issues over time
> (see http://jirasearch.mikemccandless.com/search.py?index=jira&chg=dds&a1=allUsers&a2=Benson+Margulies
> ), most recently on debugging tricky analysis issues.
>
> Benson, it is tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio.
> I know you're heavily involved in other Apache projects already...
>
> Once your account is set up, you should then be able to add yourself
> to the who we are page on the website as well.
>
> Congratulations and welcome!
>
> Mike McCandless
>
> http://blog.mikemccandless.com

Re: Welcome Benson Margulies as Lucene/Solr committer!

Erik Hatcher-4
Welcome, Benson!   Glad to have you aboard.

        Erik

On Jan 25, 2014, at 5:10 PM, Benson Margulies <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello Lucene development community, it's a pleasure to be welcomed aboard.
>
> In my view, the significant aspect of my bio is that I've been
> implementing things that go into or around Lucene for many years now.
> During the 'day', I'm the CTO of a company that works in the area of
> text analytics. We build Tokenizers and TokenFilters to allow our
> users to integrate our components into Lucene, and we've used Lucene
> and Solr as components of NLP devices that search on a large scale. So
> I have an abiding interest in the analysis chain and in the
> intersection of NLP and search.
>
> Elsewhere in Apache, I'm an active Maven dev, a semi-retired CXF dev,
> and a sort of uncle of several other projects. So I'm prone to be
> helpful or annoying with issues of Maven and Web Services.
>
> Thanks again, benson
>
> p.s. I think Uwe has already added me to the necessary wiring; would
> some kind soul please point me to the explanation of how the web site
> is maintained so I can add myself? Is it just the ASF CMS?
>

> On Sat, Jan 25, 2014 at 4:40 PM, Michael McCandless
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I'm pleased to announce that Benson Margulies has accepted to join our
>> ranks as a committer.
>>
>> Benson has been involved in a number of Lucene/Solr issues over time
>> (see http://jirasearch.mikemccandless.com/search.py?index=jira&chg=dds&a1=allUsers&a2=Benson+Margulies
>> ), most recently on debugging tricky analysis issues.
>>
>> Benson, it is tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio.
>> I know you're heavily involved in other Apache projects already...
>>
>> Once your account is set up, you should then be able to add yourself
>> to the who we are page on the website as well.
>>
>> Congratulations and welcome!
>>
>> Mike McCandless
>>
>> http://blog.mikemccandless.com

Re: Welcome Benson Margulies as Lucene/Solr committer!

Jan Høydahl / Cominvent
Welcome Benson!

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect