Welcome Dennis Gove as Lucene/Solr committer

12

Welcome Dennis Gove as Lucene/Solr committer

Joel Bernstein
I'm pleased to announce that Dennis Gove has accepted the PMC's
invitation to become a committer.

Dennis, it's tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio.

Your account is not entirely ready yet. We will let you know when it is created
and karma has been granted so that you can add yourself to the committers
section of the Who We Are page on the website:
<http://lucene.apache.org/whoweare.html>.

Congratulations and welcome!

Re: Welcome Dennis Gove as Lucene/Solr committer

sarowe
Welcome Dennis!

Steve

> On Nov 6, 2015, at 10:19 AM, Joel Bernstein <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I'm pleased to announce that Dennis Gove has accepted the PMC's
> invitation to become a committer.
>
> Dennis, it's tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio.
>
> Your account is not entirely ready yet. We will let you know when it is created
> and karma has been granted so that you can add yourself to the committers
> section of the Who We Are page on the website:
> <http://lucene.apache.org/whoweare.html>.
>
> Congratulations and welcome!
>

> Joel Bernstein
> http://joelsolr.blogspot.com/

Re: Welcome Dennis Gove as Lucene/Solr committer

Han Jiang
Welcome Dennis!

--
Han Jiang

Team of Search Engine and Web Mining,
School of Electronic Engineering and Computer Science
,
Peking University, China

Re: Welcome Dennis Gove as Lucene/Solr committer

Adrien Grand
Welcome Dennis!

Re: Welcome Dennis Gove as Lucene/Solr committer

Alan Woodward-2
Welcome Dennis!

Alan Woodward
www.flax.co.uk

On 6 Nov 2015, at 15:19, Joel Bernstein wrote:

I'm pleased to announce that Dennis Gove has accepted the PMC's
invitation to become a committer.

Dennis, it's tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio.

Your account is not entirely ready yet. We will let you know when it is created
and karma has been granted so that you can add yourself to the committers
section of the Who We Are page on the website:
<http://lucene.apache.org/whoweare.html>.

Congratulations and welcome!

Re: Welcome Dennis Gove as Lucene/Solr committer

Yonik Seeley
Congrats Dennis!

-Yonik

On Fri, Nov 6, 2015 at 10:19 AM, Joel Bernstein <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm pleased to announce that Dennis Gove has accepted the PMC's
> invitation to become a committer.
>
> Dennis, it's tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio.
>
> Your account is not entirely ready yet. We will let you know when it is
> created
> and karma has been granted so that you can add yourself to the committers
> section of the Who We Are page on the website:
> <http://lucene.apache.org/whoweare.html>.
>
> Congratulations and welcome!
>

> Joel Bernstein
> http://joelsolr.blogspot.com/

Re: Welcome Dennis Gove as Lucene/Solr committer

Shalin Shekhar Mangar
Congrats and welcome Dennis!

On Fri, Nov 6, 2015 at 8:49 PM, Joel Bernstein <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm pleased to announce that Dennis Gove has accepted the PMC's
> invitation to become a committer.
>
> Dennis, it's tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio.
>
> Your account is not entirely ready yet. We will let you know when it is
> created
> and karma has been granted so that you can add yourself to the committers
> section of the Who We Are page on the website:
> <http://lucene.apache.org/whoweare.html>.
>
> Congratulations and welcome!
>

> Joel Bernstein
> http://joelsolr.blogspot.com/

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.

Re: Welcome Dennis Gove as Lucene/Solr committer

Dennis Gove
Wow! Thank you for the invite and all the well wishes!

Customary Intro Bio:
In a galaxy far far away ....

But seriously, I studied computer science at the University of Massachusetts - Amherst and after graduating in 2006 started working at Bloomberg LP in New York where I am currently on the Search Infrastructure team. My first introduction to Solr was in 2014 and earlier this year, after having my mind blown by distributed streaming, decided I wanted in on this party. I try to focus my time at Bloomberg on tricky problems because "it's not impossible, we just haven't figured out how to do it yet". I live with my wife and two kids in Massachusetts and in my spare time love to read, go boating, and root for the New England Patriots.

I look forward to getting deeper into this and working with all of you to make Solr the best it can be.

On Fri, Nov 6, 2015 at 10:19 AM, Joel Bernstein <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'm pleased to announce that Dennis Gove has accepted the PMC's
invitation to become a committer.

Dennis, it's tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio.

Your account is not entirely ready yet. We will let you know when it is created
and karma has been granted so that you can add yourself to the committers
section of the Who We Are page on the website:
<http://lucene.apache.org/whoweare.html>.

Congratulations and welcome!

Re: Welcome Dennis Gove as Lucene/Solr committer

Michael McCandless-2
Welcome Dennis!

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com

On Fri, Nov 6, 2015 at 10:19 AM, Joel Bernstein <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm pleased to announce that Dennis Gove has accepted the PMC's
> invitation to become a committer.
>
> Dennis, it's tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio.
>
> Your account is not entirely ready yet. We will let you know when it is
> created
> and karma has been granted so that you can add yourself to the committers
> section of the Who We Are page on the website:
> <http://lucene.apache.org/whoweare.html>.
>
> Congratulations and welcome!
>

> Joel Bernstein
> http://joelsolr.blogspot.com/

Re: Welcome Dennis Gove as Lucene/Solr committer

Erick Erickson
Welcome Dennis!

On Fri, Nov 6, 2015 at 8:30 AM, Michael McCandless
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Welcome Dennis!
>
> Mike McCandless
>
> http://blog.mikemccandless.com
>
> On Fri, Nov 6, 2015 at 10:19 AM, Joel Bernstein <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I'm pleased to announce that Dennis Gove has accepted the PMC's
>> invitation to become a committer.
>>
>> Dennis, it's tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio.
>>
>> Your account is not entirely ready yet. We will let you know when it is
>> created
>> and karma has been granted so that you can add yourself to the committers
>> section of the Who We Are page on the website:
>> <http://lucene.apache.org/whoweare.html>.
>>
>> Congratulations and welcome!
>>

>> Joel Bernstein
>> http://joelsolr.blogspot.com/

Re: Welcome Dennis Gove as Lucene/Solr committer

Timothy Potter
Welcome Dennis! Looking forward to more great features in the
streaming agg stuff ;-)

On Fri, Nov 6, 2015 at 10:25 AM, Erick Erickson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Welcome Dennis!
>
> On Fri, Nov 6, 2015 at 8:30 AM, Michael McCandless
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Welcome Dennis!
>>
>> Mike McCandless
>>
>> http://blog.mikemccandless.com
>>
>> On Fri, Nov 6, 2015 at 10:19 AM, Joel Bernstein <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> I'm pleased to announce that Dennis Gove has accepted the PMC's
>>> invitation to become a committer.
>>>
>>> Dennis, it's tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio.
>>>
>>> Your account is not entirely ready yet. We will let you know when it is
>>> created
>>> and karma has been granted so that you can add yourself to the committers
>>> section of the Who We Are page on the website:
>>> <http://lucene.apache.org/whoweare.html>.
>>>
>>> Congratulations and welcome!
>>>

>>> Joel Bernstein
>>> http://joelsolr.blogspot.com/

Re: Welcome Dennis Gove as Lucene/Solr committer

Christine Poerschke (BLOOMBERG/ LONDON)
Welcome Dennis!

Re: Welcome Dennis Gove as Lucene/Solr committer

Jan Høydahl / Cominvent
Welcome Dennis!

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com

Re: Welcome Dennis Gove as Lucene/Solr committer

Mikhail Khludnev
Congratulations, Dennis!

On Fri, Nov 6, 2015 at 7:26 PM, Dennis Gove <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Sincerely yours
Mikhail Khludnev
Principal Engineer,
Grid Dynamics

Re: Welcome Dennis Gove as Lucene/Solr committer

Tomás Fernández Löbbe
Welcome Dennis!

On Fri, Nov 6, 2015 at 9:46 AM, Jan Høydahl <[hidden email]> wrote:
Welcome Dennis!

Varun Thacker

Varun Thacker