Welcome Gus Heck as Lucene/Solr committer

12

Welcome Gus Heck as Lucene/Solr committer

david.w.smiley@gmail.com
Hi all,

Please join me in welcoming Gus Heck as the latest Lucene/Solr committer!

Congratulations and Welcome, Gus!

Gus, it's traditional for you to introduce yourself with a brief bio.

~ David

Re: Welcome Gus Heck as Lucene/Solr committer

sarowe
Welcome Gus!

--
Steve
www.lucidworks.com

> On Nov 1, 2018, at 8:22 AM, David Smiley <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> Please join me in welcoming Gus Heck as the latest Lucene/Solr committer!
>
> Congratulations and Welcome, Gus!
>
> Gus, it's traditional for you to introduce yourself with a brief bio.
>
> ~ David
> LinkedIn: http://linkedin.com/in/davidwsmiley | Book: http://www.solrenterprisesearchserver.com

Re: Welcome Gus Heck as Lucene/Solr committer

Alexandre Rafalovitch
Congratulations and welcome. It was great to meet you in person and
good to know we will continue to collaborate here.

Regards,
   Alex.
On Thu, 1 Nov 2018 at 09:17, Alan Woodward <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Congratulations and welcome!
>
> On 1 Nov 2018, at 12:22, David Smiley <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> Please join me in welcoming Gus Heck as the latest Lucene/Solr committer!
>
> Congratulations and Welcome, Gus!
>
> Gus, it's traditional for you to introduce yourself with a brief bio.
>
> ~ David
> LinkedIn: http://linkedin.com/in/davidwsmiley | Book: http://www.solrenterprisesearchserver.com

Re: Welcome Gus Heck as Lucene/Solr committer

Gus Heck
Hi all,

Thanks for inviting me to be a committer!

Bio:
I've enjoyed programming computers for over 30 years now, starting on an Timex Sinclair 2k (with 16k expansion pack!). Until 2002 programming was a hobby and a set of high school and college courses that were fun ways to fulfill requirements. In 2002 faced with extremely low paying and sparse job prospects I switched career paths from Ecology/Evolution/Ornithology to Programming. I've been contributing to open source almost from the start. I contributed several tasks to Apache Ant between 2003 and 2004. In 2010 I first encountered Solr and 2012 I was given the opportunity to work as an independent search consultant, thus I founded Needham Software LLC and been contributing to Lucene/Solr with increasing frequency since 2013 and have attended the last 5 Revolution/Activate conferences.

My other hobbies include the Game of Go and SCCA Solo style Autocross

Again, thanks for inviting me and I look forward to this enhanced opportunity to improve Lucene/Solr.

-Gus

On Thu, Nov 1, 2018 at 8:22 AM David Smiley <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

Please join me in welcoming Gus Heck as the latest Lucene/Solr committer!

Congratulations and Welcome, Gus!

Gus, it's traditional for you to introduce yourself with a brief bio.

~ David

Re: Welcome Gus Heck as Lucene/Solr committer

Jason Gerlowski
Congrats and welcome Gus!
On Thu, Nov 1, 2018 at 10:13 AM Gus Heck <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Thanks for inviting me to be a committer!
>
> Bio:
> I've enjoyed programming computers for over 30 years now, starting on an Timex Sinclair 2k (with 16k expansion pack!). Until 2002 programming was a hobby and a set of high school and college courses that were fun ways to fulfill requirements. In 2002 faced with extremely low paying and sparse job prospects I switched career paths from Ecology/Evolution/Ornithology to Programming. I've been contributing to open source almost from the start. I contributed several tasks to Apache Ant between 2003 and 2004. In 2010 I first encountered Solr and 2012 I was given the opportunity to work as an independent search consultant, thus I founded Needham Software LLC and been contributing to Lucene/Solr with increasing frequency since 2013 and have attended the last 5 Revolution/Activate conferences.
>
> My other hobbies include the Game of Go and SCCA Solo style Autocross
>
> Again, thanks for inviting me and I look forward to this enhanced opportunity to improve Lucene/Solr.
>
> -Gus
> https://www.linkedin.com/in/gusheck/
>
> On Thu, Nov 1, 2018 at 8:22 AM David Smiley <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Please join me in welcoming Gus Heck as the latest Lucene/Solr committer!
>>
>> Congratulations and Welcome, Gus!
>>
>> Gus, it's traditional for you to introduce yourself with a brief bio.
>>
>> ~ David
>> --
>> Lucene/Solr Search Committer, Consultant, Developer, Author, Speaker
>> LinkedIn: http://linkedin.com/in/davidwsmiley | Book: http://www.solrenterprisesearchserver.com
>

> --
> http://www.the111shift.com

Re: Welcome Gus Heck as Lucene/Solr committer

Jan Høydahl / Cominvent
Welcome, Gus!

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com

1. nov. 2018 kl. 13:22 skrev David Smiley <[hidden email]>:

Hi all,

Please join me in welcoming Gus Heck as the latest Lucene/Solr committer!

Congratulations and Welcome, Gus!

Gus, it's traditional for you to introduce yourself with a brief bio.

~ David

Re: Welcome Gus Heck as Lucene/Solr committer

Dawid Weiss-2
Welcome Gus!
Dawid
On Thu, Nov 1, 2018 at 3:55 PM Đạt Cao Mạnh <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Welcome, Gus!
>
> On Thu, Nov 1, 2018 at 2:54 PM Jan Høydahl <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Welcome, Gus!
>>
>> --
>> Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
>> Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com
>>
>> 1. nov. 2018 kl. 13:22 skrev David Smiley <[hidden email]>:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Please join me in welcoming Gus Heck as the latest Lucene/Solr committer!
>>
>> Congratulations and Welcome, Gus!
>>
>> Gus, it's traditional for you to introduce yourself with a brief bio.
>>
>> ~ David
>> --
>> Lucene/Solr Search Committer, Consultant, Developer, Author, Speaker
>> LinkedIn: http://linkedin.com/in/davidwsmiley | Book: http://www.solrenterprisesearchserver.com

Re: Welcome Gus Heck as Lucene/Solr committer

Martin Gainty
Welcome Gus!

Martin

On Thu, Nov 1, 2018 at 10:13 AM Gus Heck <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Thanks for inviting me to be a committer!
>
> Bio:
> I've enjoyed programming computers for over 30 years now, starting on an Timex Sinclair 2k (with 16k expansion pack!). Until 2002 programming was a hobby and a set of high school and college courses that were fun ways to fulfill requirements. In 2002 faced with extremely low paying and sparse job prospects I switched career paths from Ecology/Evolution/Ornithology to Programming. I've been contributing to open source almost from the start. I contributed several tasks to Apache Ant between 2003 and 2004. In 2010 I first encountered Solr and 2012 I was given the opportunity to work as an independent search consultant, thus I founded Needham Software LLC and been contributing to Lucene/Solr with increasing frequency since 2013 and have attended the last 5 Revolution/Activate conferences.
>
> My other hobbies include the Game of Go and SCCA Solo style Autocross
>
> Again, thanks for inviting me and I look forward to this enhanced opportunity to improve Lucene/Solr.
>
> -Gus
> https://www.linkedin.com/in/gusheck/
>
> On Thu, Nov 1, 2018 at 8:22 AM David Smiley <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Please join me in welcoming Gus Heck as the latest Lucene/Solr committer!
>>
>> Congratulations and Welcome, Gus!
>>
>> Gus, it's traditional for you to introduce yourself with a brief bio.
>>
>> ~ David
>> --
>> Lucene/Solr Search Committer, Consultant, Developer, Author, Speaker
>> LinkedIn: http://linkedin.com/in/davidwsmiley | Book: http://www.solrenterprisesearchserver.com
>

> --
> http://www.the111shift.com

Re: Welcome Gus Heck as Lucene/Solr committer

Koji Sekiguchi-3
Welcome Gus!

Koji

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.