Welcome Han Jiang as a new Lucene/Solr committer

12

Welcome Han Jiang as a new Lucene/Solr committer

Adrien Grand
I'm pleased to announce that Han Jiang has accepted to join our ranks
as a committer.

Han participated to last year's summer of code and contributed a new
block postings format which became the default one in Lucene/Solr 4.1,
bringing speed[1] and compression improvements at the same time. He
will be working with us again this summer on a memory-resident term
dictionary implementation[2].

Han, it is tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio.

As soon as your SVN access is setup, you should then be able to add
yourself to the committers list on the website as well.

Congratulations!

[1] http://people.apache.org/~mikemccand/lucenebench/Term.html
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-3069

--
Adrien

Re: Welcome Han Jiang as a new Lucene/Solr committer

Christian Moen
Congratulations!

Christian Moen
アティリカ株式会社
http://www.atilika.com

On Jun 8, 2013, at 7:01 PM, Adrien Grand <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm pleased to announce that Han Jiang has accepted to join our ranks
> as a committer.
>
> Han participated to last year's summer of code and contributed a new
> block postings format which became the default one in Lucene/Solr 4.1,
> bringing speed[1] and compression improvements at the same time. He
> will be working with us again this summer on a memory-resident term
> dictionary implementation[2].
>
> Han, it is tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio.
>
> As soon as your SVN access is setup, you should then be able to add
> yourself to the committers list on the website as well.
>
> Congratulations!
>
> [1] http://people.apache.org/~mikemccand/lucenebench/Term.html
> [2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-3069
>
> --
> Adrien

RE: Welcome Han Jiang as a new Lucene/Solr committer

Uwe Schindler
Welcome Han! I am glad to have you on board!

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen
http://www.thetaphi.de
> I'm pleased to announce that Han Jiang has accepted to join our ranks as a
> committer.
>
> Han participated to last year's summer of code and contributed a new block
> postings format which became the default one in Lucene/Solr 4.1, bringing
> speed[1] and compression improvements at the same time. He will be
> working with us again this summer on a memory-resident term dictionary
> implementation[2].
>
> Han, it is tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio.
>
> As soon as your SVN access is setup, you should then be able to add yourself
> to the committers list on the website as well.
>
> Congratulations!
>
> [1] http://people.apache.org/~mikemccand/lucenebench/Term.html
> [2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-3069
>
> --
> Adrien

Re: Welcome Han Jiang as a new Lucene/Solr committer

Simon Willnauer-4
welcome han! good to have you!

On Sat, Jun 8, 2013 at 12:22 PM, Uwe Schindler <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Welcome Han! I am glad to have you on board!
>
> -----
> Uwe Schindler
> H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen
> http://www.thetaphi.de

Han Jiang
Thanks Adrien, and all our Lucene/Solr members!

I'm a first-year master student in Peking University, China.  I major in
Computer Science and currently work at Search Engine and Web Mining Group in
our school. Since last term, I've been contributing to another closed-source
search engine in our lab, and hope the idea of open source can be more
popular there :)

It is really cool to work on this project, and I feel honored to be one of
the members!  Always I enjoy watching the comments and discussions on
our mail list, and how our awesome project develops step by step!  Oh, hope
someday I can also take part in your barbecue, and drink beer with you :)

Thanks for the vote! I'm looking forward to learning more from you,
and contributing as best as I can!

Han

On Sat, Jun 8, 2013 at 7:07 PM, Robert Muir <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Team of Search Engine and Web Mining,
School of Electronic Engineering  and Computer Science
,
Peking University, China

,
Peking University, China

Re: Welcome Han Jiang as a new Lucene/Solr committer

Michael McCandless-2
Welcome Han!

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com

On Sat, Jun 8, 2013 at 6:01 AM, Adrien Grand <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm pleased to announce that Han Jiang has accepted to join our ranks
> as a committer.
>
> Han participated to last year's summer of code and contributed a new
> block postings format which became the default one in Lucene/Solr 4.1,
> bringing speed[1] and compression improvements at the same time. He
> will be working with us again this summer on a memory-resident term
> dictionary implementation[2].
>
> Han, it is tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio.
>
> As soon as your SVN access is setup, you should then be able to add
> yourself to the committers list on the website as well.
>
> Congratulations!
>
> [1] http://people.apache.org/~mikemccand/lucenebench/Term.html
> [2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-3069
>
> --
> Adrien

Re: Welcome Han Jiang as a new Lucene/Solr committer

Dawid Weiss
Welcome Han!

Dawid

On Sat, Jun 8, 2013 at 2:17 PM, Michael McCandless
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Welcome Han!
>
> Mike McCandless
>
> http://blog.mikemccandless.com
>

> On Sat, Jun 8, 2013 at 6:01 AM, Adrien Grand <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I'm pleased to announce that Han Jiang has accepted to join our ranks
>> as a committer.
>>
>> Han participated to last year's summer of code and contributed a new
>> block postings format which became the default one in Lucene/Solr 4.1,
>> bringing speed[1] and compression improvements at the same time. He
>> will be working with us again this summer on a memory-resident term
>> dictionary implementation[2].
>>
>> Han, it is tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio.
>>
>> As soon as your SVN access is setup, you should then be able to add
>> yourself to the committers list on the website as well.
>>
>> Congratulations!
>>
>> [1] http://people.apache.org/~mikemccand/lucenebench/Term.html
>> [2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-3069
>>
>> --
>> Adrien

Re: Welcome Han Jiang as a new Lucene/Solr committer

Erick Erickson
Congratulations Han!

On Sat, Jun 8, 2013 at 8:50 AM, Dawid Weiss
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Welcome Han!
>
> Dawid
>
> On Sat, Jun 8, 2013 at 2:17 PM, Michael McCandless
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Welcome Han!
>>
>> Mike McCandless
>>
>> http://blog.mikemccandless.com
>>

>> On Sat, Jun 8, 2013 at 6:01 AM, Adrien Grand <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> I'm pleased to announce that Han Jiang has accepted to join our ranks
>>> as a committer.
>>>
>>> Han participated to last year's summer of code and contributed a new
>>> block postings format which became the default one in Lucene/Solr 4.1,
>>> bringing speed[1] and compression improvements at the same time. He
>>> will be working with us again this summer on a memory-resident term
>>> dictionary implementation[2].
>>>
>>> Han, it is tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio.
>>>
>>> As soon as your SVN access is setup, you should then be able to add
>>> yourself to the committers list on the website as well.
>>>
>>> Congratulations!
>>>
>>> [1] http://people.apache.org/~mikemccand/lucenebench/Term.html
>>> [2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-3069
>>>
>>> --
>>> Adrien

Re: Welcome Han Jiang as a new Lucene/Solr committer

Alan Woodward-2
Welcome Han!

Alan Woodward
www.flax.co.uk

<[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Yonik Seeley-4
Welcome Han!

-Yonik
http://lucidworks.com

On Sat, Jun 8, 2013 at 7:13 AM, Han Jiang <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks Adrien, and all our Lucene/Solr members!
>
> I'm a first-year master student in Peking University, China.  I major in
> Computer Science and currently work at Search Engine and Web Mining Group in
> our school. Since last term, I've been contributing to another closed-source
> search engine in our lab, and hope the idea of open source can be more
> popular there :)
>
> It is really cool to work on this project, and I feel honored to be one of
> the members!  Always I enjoy watching the comments and discussions on
> our mail list, and how our awesome project develops step by step!  Oh, hope
> someday I can also take part in your barbecue, and drink beer with you :)
>
> Thanks for the vote! I'm looking forward to learning more from you,
> and contributing as best as I can!
>
> Han
>

> On Sat, Jun 8, 2013 at 7:07 PM, Robert Muir <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Welcome!
>>

>> On Sat, Jun 8, 2013 at 6:01 AM, Adrien Grand <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm pleased to announce that Han Jiang has accepted to join our ranks
>>> as a committer.
>>>
>>> Han participated to last year's summer of code and contributed a new
>>> block postings format which became the default one in Lucene/Solr 4.1,
>>> bringing speed[1] and compression improvements at the same time. He
>>> will be working with us again this summer on a memory-resident term
>>> dictionary implementation[2].
>>>
>>> Han, it is tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio.
>>>
>>> As soon as your SVN access is setup, you should then be able to add
>>> yourself to the committers list on the website as well.
>>>
>>> Congratulations!
>>>
>>> [1] http://people.apache.org/~mikemccand/lucenebench/Term.html
>>> [2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-3069
>>>
>>> --
>>> Adrien

> Han Jiang
>
> Team of Search Engine and Web Mining,
> School of Electronic Engineering  and Computer Science,
> Peking University, China

Re: Welcome Han Jiang as a new Lucene/Solr committer

Shai Erera
Welcome Han!

Shai

On Sat, Jun 8, 2013 at 5:26 PM, Yonik Seeley <[hidden email]> wrote:
Welcome Han!

-Yonik
http://lucidworks.com

On Sat, Jun 8, <a href="tel:2013" value="+9722013">2013 at 7:13 AM, Han Jiang <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Thanks Adrien, and all our Lucene/Solr members!
>
> I'm a first-year master student in Peking University, China.  I major in
> Computer Science and currently work at Search Engine and Web Mining Group in
> our school. Since last term, I've been contributing to another closed-source
> search engine in our lab, and hope the idea of open source can be more
> popular there :)
>
> It is really cool to work on this project, and I feel honored to be one of
> the members!  Always I enjoy watching the comments and discussions on
> our mail list, and how our awesome project develops step by step!  Oh, hope
> someday I can also take part in your barbecue, and drink beer with you :)
>
> Thanks for the vote! I'm looking forward to learning more from you,
> and contributing as best as I can!
>
> Han
>

> On Sat, Jun 8, <a href="tel:2013" value="+9722013">2013 at 7:07 PM, Robert Muir <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Welcome!
>>

>> On Sat, Jun 8, <a href="tel:2013" value="+9722013">2013 at 6:01 AM, Adrien Grand <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm pleased to announce that Han Jiang has accepted to join our ranks
>>> as a committer.
>>>
>>> Han participated to last year's summer of code and contributed a new
>>> block postings format which became the default one in Lucene/Solr 4.1,
>>> bringing speed[1] and compression improvements at the same time. He
>>> will be working with us again this summer on a memory-resident term
>>> dictionary implementation[2].
>>>
>>> Han, it is tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio.
>>>
>>> As soon as your SVN access is setup, you should then be able to add
>>> yourself to the committers list on the website as well.
>>>
>>> Congratulations!
>>>
>>> [1] http://people.apache.org/~mikemccand/lucenebench/Term.html
>>> [2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-3069
>>>
>>> --
>>> Adrien

> Han Jiang
>
> Team of Search Engine and Web Mining,
> School of Electronic Engineering  and Computer Science,
> Peking University, China

Re: Welcome Han Jiang as a new Lucene/Solr committer

Koji Sekiguchi
Welcome, Han!

(13/06/08 19:01), Adrien Grand wrote:

> I'm pleased to announce that Han Jiang has accepted to join our ranks
> as a committer.
>
> Han participated to last year's summer of code and contributed a new
> block postings format which became the default one in Lucene/Solr 4.1,
> bringing speed[1] and compression improvements at the same time. He
> will be working with us again this summer on a memory-resident term
> dictionary implementation[2].
>
> Han, it is tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio.
>
> As soon as your SVN access is setup, you should then be able to add
> yourself to the committers list on the website as well.
>
> Congratulations!
>
> [1] http://people.apache.org/~mikemccand/lucenebench/Term.html
> [2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-3069
>
> --
> Adrien

http://soleami.com/blog/automatically-acquiring-synonym-knowledge-from-wikipedia.html

Re: Welcome Han Jiang as a new Lucene/Solr committer

Mark Miller-3
Welcome Han!

- Mark

On Jun 8, 2013, at 3:01 AM, Adrien Grand <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm pleased to announce that Han Jiang has accepted to join our ranks
> as a committer.
>
> Han participated to last year's summer of code and contributed a new
> block postings format which became the default one in Lucene/Solr 4.1,
> bringing speed[1] and compression improvements at the same time. He
> will be working with us again this summer on a memory-resident term
> dictionary implementation[2].
>
> Han, it is tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio.
>
> As soon as your SVN access is setup, you should then be able to add
> yourself to the committers list on the website as well.
>
> Congratulations!
>
> [1] http://people.apache.org/~mikemccand/lucenebench/Term.html
> [2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-3069
>
> --
> Adrien

Re: Welcome Han Jiang as a new Lucene/Solr committer

Shawn Heisey-4
On 6/8/2013 4:01 AM, Adrien Grand wrote:
> I'm pleased to announce that Han Jiang has accepted to join our ranks
> as a committer.

Welcome to the project, Han!

- Shawn

Re: Welcome Han Jiang as a new Lucene/Solr committer

Martijn v Groningen-2
Welcome Han!

On 8 June 2013 17:50, Shawn Heisey <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 6/8/2013 4:01 AM, Adrien Grand wrote:
> I'm pleased to announce that Han Jiang has accepted to join our ranks
> as a committer.

Welcome to the project, Han!

- Shawn

Met vriendelijke groet,

Martijn van Groningen

Re: Welcome Han Jiang as a new Lucene/Solr committer

Otis Gospodnetić
Welcome Han, Lucene's first committer from China, if I'm not mistaken.

Otis

On Sat, Jun 8, 2013 at 7:13 AM, Han Jiang <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks Adrien, and all our Lucene/Solr members!
>
> I'm a first-year master student in Peking University, China.  I major in
> Computer Science and currently work at Search Engine and Web Mining Group in
> our school. Since last term, I've been contributing to another closed-source
> search engine in our lab, and hope the idea of open source can be more
> popular there :)
>
> It is really cool to work on this project, and I feel honored to be one of
> the members!  Always I enjoy watching the comments and discussions on
> our mail list, and how our awesome project develops step by step!  Oh, hope
> someday I can also take part in your barbecue, and drink beer with you :)
>
> Thanks for the vote! I'm looking forward to learning more from you,
> and contributing as best as I can!
>
> Han
>

> On Sat, Jun 8, 2013 at 7:07 PM, Robert Muir <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Welcome!
>>

>> On Sat, Jun 8, 2013 at 6:01 AM, Adrien Grand <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm pleased to announce that Han Jiang has accepted to join our ranks
>>> as a committer.
>>>
>>> Han participated to last year's summer of code and contributed a new
>>> block postings format which became the default one in Lucene/Solr 4.1,
>>> bringing speed[1] and compression improvements at the same time. He
>>> will be working with us again this summer on a memory-resident term
>>> dictionary implementation[2].
>>>
>>> Han, it is tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio.
>>>
>>> As soon as your SVN access is setup, you should then be able to add
>>> yourself to the committers list on the website as well.
>>>
>>> Congratulations!
>>>
>>> [1] http://people.apache.org/~mikemccand/lucenebench/Term.html
>>> [2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-3069
>>>
>>> --
>>> Adrien

> Han Jiang
>
> Team of Search Engine and Web Mining,
> School of Electronic Engineering  and Computer Science,
> Peking University, China

12