Welcome Jason Gerlowski as committer

12

Welcome Jason Gerlowski as committer

david.w.smiley@gmail.com
Hello everyone,

It's my pleasure to announce that Jason Gerlowski is our latest committer for Lucene/Solr in recognition for his contributions to the project!  Please join me in welcoming him.  Jason, it's tradition for you to introduce yourself with a brief bio.

Congratulations and Welcome!

Re: Welcome Jason Gerlowski as committer

Erick Erickson
Welcome Jason!

On Thu, Feb 8, 2018 at 9:02 AM, David Smiley <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> It's my pleasure to announce that Jason Gerlowski is our latest committer
> for Lucene/Solr in recognition for his contributions to the project!  Please
> join me in welcoming him.  Jason, it's tradition for you to introduce
> yourself with a brief bio.
>
> Congratulations and Welcome!
> LinkedIn: http://linkedin.com/in/davidwsmiley | Book:

Re: Welcome Jason Gerlowski as committer

Dawid Weiss-2
Welcome Jason!

Dawid

On Thu, Feb 8, 2018 at 6:04 PM, Adrien Grand <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Welcome Jason!
>
> Le jeu. 8 févr. 2018 à 18:03, David Smiley <[hidden email]> a
> écrit :
>>
>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> It's my pleasure to announce that Jason Gerlowski is our latest committer
>> for Lucene/Solr in recognition for his contributions to the project!  Please
>> join me in welcoming him.  Jason, it's tradition for you to introduce
>> yourself with a brief bio.
>>
>> Congratulations and Welcome!
>> --
>> Lucene/Solr Search Committer, Consultant, Developer, Author, Speaker
>> LinkedIn: http://linkedin.com/in/davidwsmiley | Book:
>> http://www.solrenterprisesearchserver.com

Re: Welcome Jason Gerlowski as committer

Karl Wright-2
Hello Jason!

On Thu, Feb 8, 2018 at 12:06 PM, Dawid Weiss <[hidden email]> wrote:
Welcome Jason!

Dawid

On Thu, Feb 8, 2018 at 6:04 PM, Adrien Grand <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Welcome Jason!
>
> Le jeu. 8 févr. 2018 à 18:03, David Smiley <[hidden email]> a
> écrit :
>>
>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> It's my pleasure to announce that Jason Gerlowski is our latest committer
>> for Lucene/Solr in recognition for his contributions to the project!  Please
>> join me in welcoming him.  Jason, it's tradition for you to introduce
>> yourself with a brief bio.
>>
>> Congratulations and Welcome!
>> --
>> Lucene/Solr Search Committer, Consultant, Developer, Author, Speaker
>> LinkedIn: http://linkedin.com/in/davidwsmiley | Book:
>> http://www.solrenterprisesearchserver.com

Re: Welcome Jason Gerlowski as committer

Ishan Chattopadhyaya
Congratulations Jason! :-)

On Thu, Feb 8, 2018 at 10:38 PM, Karl Wright <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello Jason!

On Thu, Feb 8, 2018 at 12:06 PM, Dawid Weiss <[hidden email]> wrote:
Welcome Jason!

Dawid

On Thu, Feb 8, 2018 at 6:04 PM, Adrien Grand <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Welcome Jason!
>
> Le jeu. 8 févr. 2018 à 18:03, David Smiley <[hidden email]> a
> écrit :
>>
>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> It's my pleasure to announce that Jason Gerlowski is our latest committer
>> for Lucene/Solr in recognition for his contributions to the project!  Please
>> join me in welcoming him.  Jason, it's tradition for you to introduce
>> yourself with a brief bio.
>>
>> Congratulations and Welcome!
>> --
>> Lucene/Solr Search Committer, Consultant, Developer, Author, Speaker
>> LinkedIn: http://linkedin.com/in/davidwsmiley | Book:
>> http://www.solrenterprisesearchserver.com

Re: Welcome Jason Gerlowski as committer

Joel Bernstein
Welcome Jason!

On Thu, Feb 8, 2018 at 12:41 PM, Ishan Chattopadhyaya <[hidden email]> wrote:
Congratulations Jason! :-)

On Thu, Feb 8, 2018 at 10:38 PM, Karl Wright <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello Jason!

On Thu, Feb 8, 2018 at 12:06 PM, Dawid Weiss <[hidden email]> wrote:
Welcome Jason!

Dawid

On Thu, Feb 8, 2018 at 6:04 PM, Adrien Grand <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Welcome Jason!
>
> Le jeu. 8 févr. 2018 à 18:03, David Smiley <[hidden email]> a
> écrit :
>>
>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> It's my pleasure to announce that Jason Gerlowski is our latest committer
>> for Lucene/Solr in recognition for his contributions to the project!  Please
>> join me in welcoming him.  Jason, it's tradition for you to introduce
>> yourself with a brief bio.
>>
>> Congratulations and Welcome!
>> --
>> Lucene/Solr Search Committer, Consultant, Developer, Author, Speaker
>> LinkedIn: http://linkedin.com/in/davidwsmiley | Book:
>> http://www.solrenterprisesearchserver.com

Re: Welcome Jason Gerlowski as committer

Shai Erera

Welcome!

On Thu, Feb 8, 2018, 20:56 Joel Bernstein <[hidden email]> wrote:
Welcome Jason!

On Thu, Feb 8, 2018 at 12:41 PM, Ishan Chattopadhyaya <[hidden email]> wrote:
Congratulations Jason! :-)

On Thu, Feb 8, 2018 at 10:38 PM, Karl Wright <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello Jason!

On Thu, Feb 8, 2018 at 12:06 PM, Dawid Weiss <[hidden email]> wrote:
Welcome Jason!

Dawid

On Thu, Feb 8, 2018 at 6:04 PM, Adrien Grand <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Welcome Jason!
>
> Le jeu. 8 févr. 2018 à 18:03, David Smiley <[hidden email]> a
> écrit :
>>
>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> It's my pleasure to announce that Jason Gerlowski is our latest committer
>> for Lucene/Solr in recognition for his contributions to the project!  Please
>> join me in welcoming him.  Jason, it's tradition for you to introduce
>> yourself with a brief bio.
>>
>> Congratulations and Welcome!
>> --
>> Lucene/Solr Search Committer, Consultant, Developer, Author, Speaker
>> LinkedIn: http://linkedin.com/in/davidwsmiley | Book:
>> http://www.solrenterprisesearchserver.com

Re: Welcome Jason Gerlowski as committer

Jason Gerlowski
Hi all,

Thanks for the warm welcome, and the opportunity to join your ranks as a
committer.

A bit about myself.  I work for IBM in Pittsburgh, PA (USA), where I live with
my lovely wife Kait and our dog Brantley.  Outside of work and Solr I spend
much of my time outside.  My wife and I are working on a lifetime goal to see
all of our National Parks here in the US. I enjoy camping, hiking, cycling,
and bouldering when the weather permits.

Most of my focus in the Solr community has been on improving the experience
users have when picking up Solr for the first time, by adding features to
SolrJ, the bin/solr scripts, and the documentation.  Hopefully I've been
removing more paper-cuts than I've added along the way, and improving things
for our users.  I've loved the experience so far, and look forward to working
with you all for a long time to come.

Thanks to everyone for the reviews, time, and for putting up with me in
general. I especially want to thank Shai Erera and Anshum Gupta, who introduced
me to the project and have helped me navigate the community.  And my wife for
making the constant little sacrifices that afford me time to contribute.  It'd
be impossible to have gotten this far without everyone's help!

Thank you,

Jason

On Thu, Feb 8, 2018 at 2:31 PM, Shai Erera <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Welcome!
>

> On Thu, Feb 8, 2018, 20:56 Joel Bernstein <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Welcome Jason!
>>
>> Joel Bernstein
>> http://joelsolr.blogspot.com/
>>
>> On Thu, Feb 8, 2018 at 12:41 PM, Ishan Chattopadhyaya
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Congratulations Jason! :-)

Re: Welcome Jason Gerlowski as committer

Yonik Seeley
Congrats Jason!

-Yonik

On Thu, Feb 8, 2018 at 3:05 PM, Jason Gerlowski <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Thanks for the warm welcome, and the opportunity to join your ranks as a
> committer.
>
> A bit about myself.  I work for IBM in Pittsburgh, PA (USA), where I live with
> my lovely wife Kait and our dog Brantley.  Outside of work and Solr I spend
> much of my time outside.  My wife and I are working on a lifetime goal to see
> all of our National Parks here in the US. I enjoy camping, hiking, cycling,
> and bouldering when the weather permits.
>
> Most of my focus in the Solr community has been on improving the experience
> users have when picking up Solr for the first time, by adding features to
> SolrJ, the bin/solr scripts, and the documentation.  Hopefully I've been
> removing more paper-cuts than I've added along the way, and improving things
> for our users.  I've loved the experience so far, and look forward to working
> with you all for a long time to come.
>
> Thanks to everyone for the reviews, time, and for putting up with me in
> general. I especially want to thank Shai Erera and Anshum Gupta, who introduced
> me to the project and have helped me navigate the community.  And my wife for
> making the constant little sacrifices that afford me time to contribute.  It'd
> be impossible to have gotten this far without everyone's help!
>
> Thank you,
>
> Jason
>
> On Thu, Feb 8, 2018 at 2:31 PM, Shai Erera <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Welcome!
>>

>> On Thu, Feb 8, 2018, 20:56 Joel Bernstein <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Welcome Jason!
>>>
>>> Joel Bernstein
>>> http://joelsolr.blogspot.com/

Re: Welcome Jason Gerlowski as committer

Martin Gainty

the next time you bag HalfDome.. bring your laptop with you

Welcome Jason!

Martin

Thanks for the warm welcome, and the opportunity to join your ranks as a
committer.

A bit about myself.  I work for IBM in Pittsburgh, PA (USA), where I live with
my lovely wife Kait and our dog Brantley.  Outside of work and Solr I spend
much of my time outside.  My wife and I are working on a lifetime goal to see
all of our National Parks here in the US. I enjoy camping, hiking, cycling,
and bouldering when the weather permits.

Most of my focus in the Solr community has been on improving the experience
users have when picking up Solr for the first time, by adding features to
SolrJ, the bin/solr scripts, and the documentation.  Hopefully I've been
removing more paper-cuts than I've added along the way, and improving things
for our users.  I've loved the experience so far, and look forward to working
with you all for a long time to come.

Thanks to everyone for the reviews, time, and for putting up with me in
general. I especially want to thank Shai Erera and Anshum Gupta, who introduced
me to the project and have helped me navigate the community.  And my wife for
making the constant little sacrifices that afford me time to contribute.  It'd
be impossible to have gotten this far without everyone's help!

Thank you,

Jason

On Thu, Feb 8, 2018 at 2:31 PM, Shai Erera <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Welcome!
>

> On Thu, Feb 8, 2018, 20:56 Joel Bernstein <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Welcome Jason!
>>
>> Joel Bernstein
>> http://joelsolr.blogspot.com/
>>
>> On Thu, Feb 8, 2018 at 12:41 PM, Ishan Chattopadhyaya
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Congratulations Jason! :-)

Re: Welcome Jason Gerlowski as committer

Christine Poerschke (BLOOMBERG/ LONDON)
Welcome Jason!

Christine

Thanks for the warm welcome, and the opportunity to join your ranks as a
committer.

A bit about myself.  I work for IBM in Pittsburgh, PA (USA), where I live with
my lovely wife Kait and our dog Brantley.  Outside of work and Solr I spend
much of my time outside.  My wife and I are working on a lifetime goal to see
all of our National Parks here in the US. I enjoy camping, hiking, cycling,
and bouldering when the weather permits.

Most of my focus in the Solr community has been on improving the experience
users have when picking up Solr for the first time, by adding features to
SolrJ, the bin/solr scripts, and the documentation.  Hopefully I've been
removing more paper-cuts than I've added along the way, and improving things
for our users.  I've loved the experience so far, and look forward to working
with you all for a long time to come.

Thanks to everyone for the reviews, time, and for putting up with me in
general. I especially want to thank Shai Erera and Anshum Gupta, who introduced
me to the project and have helped me navigate the community.  And my wife for
making the constant little sacrifices that afford me time to contribute.  It'd
be impossible to have gotten this far without everyone's help!

Thank you,

Jason

On Thu, Feb 8, 2018 at 2:31 PM, Shai Erera <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Welcome!
>

> On Thu, Feb 8, 2018, 20:56 Joel Bernstein <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Welcome Jason!
>>
>> Joel Bernstein
>> http://joelsolr.blogspot.com/
>>
>> On Thu, Feb 8, 2018 at 12:41 PM, Ishan Chattopadhyaya
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Congratulations Jason! :-)

Re: Welcome Jason Gerlowski as committer

sarowe
Welcome and congrats Jason!

--
Steve
www.lucidworks.com

> On Feb 8, 2018, at 9:02 AM, David Smiley <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello everyone,
>
> It's my pleasure to announce that Jason Gerlowski is our latest committer for Lucene/Solr in recognition for his contributions to the project!  Please join me in welcoming him.  Jason, it's tradition for you to introduce yourself with a brief bio.
>
> Congratulations and Welcome!
> LinkedIn: http://linkedin.com/in/davidwsmiley | Book: http://www.solrenterprisesearchserver.com

Re: Welcome Jason Gerlowski as committer

Koji Sekiguchi-3
Welcome Jason!

Koji