Welcome Joel Bernstein

12

Welcome Joel Bernstein

Grant Ingersoll-2
Hi,

The Lucene PMC is happy to welcome Joel Bernstein as a committer on the Lucene and Solr project.  Joel has been working on a number of issues on the project and we look forward to his continued contributions going forward.

Welcome aboard, Joel!

-Grant

Re: Welcome Joel Bernstein

sarowe
Welcome, Joel!

Steve

On Oct 3, 2013, at 1:24 AM, Grant Ingersoll <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The Lucene PMC is happy to welcome Joel Bernstein as a committer on the Lucene and Solr project.  Joel has been working on a number of issues on the project and we look forward to his continued contributions going forward.
>
> Welcome aboard, Joel!
>
> -Grant

Re: Welcome Joel Bernstein

Robert Muir
Welcome Joel!

On Wed, Oct 2, 2013 at 10:24 PM, Grant Ingersoll <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The Lucene PMC is happy to welcome Joel Bernstein as a committer on the Lucene and Solr project.  Joel has been working on a number of issues on the project and we look forward to his continued contributions going forward.
>
> Welcome aboard, Joel!
>
> -Grant

Re: Welcome Joel Bernstein

Christian Moen
Welcome Joel!

On Oct 3, 2013, at 2:24 PM, Grant Ingersoll <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The Lucene PMC is happy to welcome Joel Bernstein as a committer on the Lucene and Solr project.  Joel has been working on a number of issues on the project and we look forward to his continued contributions going forward.
>
> Welcome aboard, Joel!
>
> -Grant

Re: Welcome Joel Bernstein

Dawid Weiss
Welcome Joel!

On Thu, Oct 3, 2013 at 7:43 AM, Christian Moen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Welcome Joel!
>
> On Oct 3, 2013, at 2:24 PM, Grant Ingersoll <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> The Lucene PMC is happy to welcome Joel Bernstein as a committer on the Lucene and Solr project.  Joel has been working on a number of issues on the project and we look forward to his continued contributions going forward.
>>
>> Welcome aboard, Joel!
>>
>> -Grant

Re: Welcome Joel Bernstein

Han Jiang
Welcome Joel!

On Thu, Oct 3, 2013 at 1:24 PM, Grant Ingersoll <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

The Lucene PMC is happy to welcome Joel Bernstein as a committer on the Lucene and Solr project.  Joel has been working on a number of issues on the project and we look forward to his continued contributions going forward.

Welcome aboard, Joel!

-Grant

Han Jiang

Team of Search Engine and Web Mining,
School of Electronic Engineering and Computer Science
,
Peking University, China

Re: Welcome Joel Bernstein

Adrien Grand
Welcome, Joel!

--
Adrien

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.

RE: Welcome Joel Bernstein

Uwe Schindler
Welcome Joel!

Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen
http://www.thetaphi.de
> The Lucene PMC is happy to welcome Joel Bernstein as a committer on the
> Lucene and Solr project.  Joel has been working on a number of issues on the
> project and we look forward to his continued contributions going forward.
>
> Welcome aboard, Joel!
>
> -Grant

Re: Welcome Joel Bernstein

Michael McCandless-2
Welcome Joel.  Happy hacking,

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com

On Thu, Oct 3, 2013 at 1:24 AM, Grant Ingersoll <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The Lucene PMC is happy to welcome Joel Bernstein as a committer on the Lucene and Solr project.  Joel has been working on a number of issues on the project and we look forward to his continued contributions going forward.
>
> Welcome aboard, Joel!
>
> -Grant

Re: Welcome Joel Bernstein

Jan Høydahl / Cominvent
Welcome, Joel!

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com

3. okt. 2013 kl. 07:24 skrev Grant Ingersoll <[hidden email]>:

> Hi,
>
> The Lucene PMC is happy to welcome Joel Bernstein as a committer on the Lucene and Solr project.  Joel has been working on a number of issues on the project and we look forward to his continued contributions going forward.
>
> Welcome aboard, Joel!
>
> -Grant

Re: Welcome Joel Bernstein

Yonik Seeley-4
Congrats Joel!

-Yonik
http://lucidworks.com

On Thu, Oct 3, 2013 at 6:56 AM, Jan Høydahl <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Welcome, Joel!

> Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com
>
> 3. okt. 2013 kl. 07:24 skrev Grant Ingersoll <[hidden email]>:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> The Lucene PMC is happy to welcome Joel Bernstein as a committer on the Lucene and Solr project.  Joel has been working on a number of issues on the project and we look forward to his continued contributions going forward.
>>
>> Welcome aboard, Joel!
>>
>> -Grant

Re: Welcome Joel Bernstein

Erik Hatcher-4
Welcome, Joel!   I have to say, Joel is one of my all-time favorite people in the world.  We are very fortunate to have him here.

        Erik

On Oct 3, 2013, at 1:24 AM, Grant Ingersoll <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The Lucene PMC is happy to welcome Joel Bernstein as a committer on the Lucene and Solr project.  Joel has been working on a number of issues on the project and we look forward to his continued contributions going forward.
>
> Welcome aboard, Joel!
>
> -Grant

Re: Welcome Joel Bernstein

Joel Bernstein
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I'm very excited and honored to join the Lucene / Solr committer team.

I'm a software engineer living in downtown New York City. Lucene first caught my attention in 2001 while working for a scientific publisher that was evaluating search engines. Even in those early days Lucene was beating the commercial engines in our performance and relevance tests. I lobbied hard for Lucene, but in the end was overruled. So I snuck Lucene into my work whenever I could, often using it as a key/ value store. It's amazing now to see how far Lucene / Solr have come and I'm looking forward to contributing to the project.

Aside from programming, I'm a science fiction fan and enjoy learning about eastern philosophy. I'm currently engaged to my girlfriend Lauren who lives with me in Battery Park City.

Joel

On Thu, Oct 3, 2013 at 8:30 AM, Erik Hatcher <[hidden email]> wrote:
Welcome, Joel!   I have to say, Joel is one of my all-time favorite people in the world.  We are very fortunate to have him here.

        Erik

On Oct 3, 2013, at 1:24 AM, Grant Ingersoll <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The Lucene PMC is happy to welcome Joel Bernstein as a committer on the Lucene and Solr project.  Joel has been working on a number of issues on the project and we look forward to his continued contributions going forward.
>
> Welcome aboard, Joel!
>
> -Grant

Joel Bernstein
Professional Services LucidWorks

Re: Welcome Joel Bernstein

Shawn Heisey-4
On 10/2/2013 11:24 PM, Grant Ingersoll wrote:
> The Lucene PMC is happy to welcome Joel Bernstein as a committer on the Lucene and Solr project.  Joel has been working on a number of issues on the project and we look forward to his continued contributions going forward.

Welcome to the project!  Best of luck to you!

Re: Welcome Joel Bernstein

Martijn v Groningen-2
Welcome Joel!

On 3 October 2013 15:45, Shawn Heisey <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 10/2/2013 11:24 PM, Grant Ingersoll wrote:
> The Lucene PMC is happy to welcome Joel Bernstein as a committer on the Lucene and Solr project.  Joel has been working on a number of issues on the project and we look forward to his continued contributions going forward.

Welcome to the project!  Best of luck to you!

Met vriendelijke groet,

Martijn van Groningen

Re: Welcome Joel Bernstein

Erick Erickson