Welcome Karl Wright as a Lucene/Solr committer!

12

Welcome Karl Wright as a Lucene/Solr committer!

Michael McCandless-2
I'm pleased to announce that Karl Wright has accepted the Lucene PMC's
invitation to become a committer.

Karl, it's tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio.

Karma has been granted to your pre-existing account, so that you can
add yourself to the committers section of the Who We Are page on the
website: http://lucene.apache.org/whoweare.html

Congratulations and welcome!

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com

Re: Welcome Karl Wright as a Lucene/Solr committer!

Karl Wright-2
Hi all,

Professionally, I've been active in software development since the 1970's.  My interests include many things related to software development, as well as areas as varied as geology, carpentry, and gardening.  I'm the PMC chair for the ManifoldCF project, as well as a committer on other Apache projects such as Http Components.

My current employer is HERE, Inc, who is a spin-off from Nokia, who sells map data, services, and search capabilities.

I'm also the contributor and principal author of the Geo3D package, which is now part of Lucene under the spatial3d module.  I intend to continue to contribute to this package for the foreseeable future.

Thanks!!
Karl

On Mon, Apr 4, 2016 at 10:28 AM, Michael McCandless <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'm pleased to announce that Karl Wright has accepted the Lucene PMC's
invitation to become a committer.

Karl, it's tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio.

Karma has been granted to your pre-existing account, so that you can
add yourself to the committers section of the Who We Are page on the
website: http://lucene.apache.org/whoweare.html

Congratulations and welcome!

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com

http://blog.mikemccandless.com

Re: Welcome Karl Wright as a Lucene/Solr committer!

Erick Erickson
Welcome Karl!

Erick

On Mon, Apr 4, 2016 at 7:44 AM, Christian Moen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Congrats, Karl!
>
> Best,
> Christian
>
> On Apr 4, 2016, at 23:40, Karl Wright <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> Professionally, I've been active in software development since the 1970's.
> My interests include many things related to software development, as well as
> areas as varied as geology, carpentry, and gardening.  I'm the PMC chair for
> the ManifoldCF project, as well as a committer on other Apache projects such
> as Http Components.
>
> My current employer is HERE, Inc, who is a spin-off from Nokia, who sells
> map data, services, and search capabilities.
>
> I'm also the contributor and principal author of the Geo3D package, which is
> now part of Lucene under the spatial3d module.  I intend to continue to
> contribute to this package for the foreseeable future.
>
> Thanks!!
> Karl
>

> On Mon, Apr 4, 2016 at 10:28 AM, Michael McCandless
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I'm pleased to announce that Karl Wright has accepted the Lucene PMC's
>> invitation to become a committer.
>>
>> Karl, it's tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio.
>>
>> Karma has been granted to your pre-existing account, so that you can
>> add yourself to the committers section of the Who We Are page on the
>> website: http://lucene.apache.org/whoweare.html
>>
>> Congratulations and welcome!
>>
>> Mike McCandless
>>
>> http://blog.mikemccandless.com

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.

Re: Welcome Karl Wright as a Lucene/Solr committer!

Yonik Seeley
Congrats Karl!

-Yonik

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm pleased to announce that Karl Wright has accepted the Lucene PMC's
> invitation to become a committer.
>
> Karl, it's tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio.
>
> Karma has been granted to your pre-existing account, so that you can
> add yourself to the committers section of the Who We Are page on the
> website: http://lucene.apache.org/whoweare.html
>
> Congratulations and welcome!
>
> Mike McCandless
>
> http://blog.mikemccandless.com

Re: Welcome Karl Wright as a Lucene/Solr committer!

Dawid Weiss-2

Welcome Karl!

Dawid

On Mon, Apr 4, 2016 at 4:49 PM, Yonik Seeley <[hidden email]> wrote:
Congrats Karl!

-Yonik

Anshum Gupta

Re: Welcome Karl Wright as a Lucene/Solr committer!

sarowe
Welcome Karl!

--
Steve
www.lucidworks.com

> On Apr 4, 2016, at 10:28 AM, Michael McCandless <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I'm pleased to announce that Karl Wright has accepted the Lucene PMC's
> invitation to become a committer.
>
> Karl, it's tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio.
>
> Karma has been granted to your pre-existing account, so that you can
> add yourself to the committers section of the Who We Are page on the
> website: http://lucene.apache.org/whoweare.html
>
> Congratulations and welcome!
>
> Mike McCandless
>
> http://blog.mikemccandless.com

Re: Welcome Karl Wright as a Lucene/Solr committer!

Robert Muir
Welcome Karl!

Han Jiang

Re: Welcome Karl Wright as a Lucene/Solr committer!

Ahmet Arslan

Welcome Karl!

On Monday, April 4, 2016 6:54 PM, Robert Muir <[hidden email]> wrote:
Welcome Karl!

On Mon, Apr 4, 2016 at 10:40 AM, Karl Wright <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Professionally, I've been active in software development since the 1970's.
> My interests include many things related to software development, as well as
> areas as varied as geology, carpentry, and gardening.  I'm the PMC chair for
> the ManifoldCF project, as well as a committer on other Apache projects such
> as Http Components.
>
> My current employer is HERE, Inc, who is a spin-off from Nokia, who sells
> map data, services, and search capabilities.
>
> I'm also the contributor and principal author of the Geo3D package, which is
> now part of Lucene under the spatial3d module.  I intend to continue to
> contribute to this package for the foreseeable future.
>
> Thanks!!
> Karl
>

> On Mon, Apr 4, 2016 at 10:28 AM, Michael McCandless
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I'm pleased to announce that Karl Wright has accepted the Lucene PMC's
>> invitation to become a committer.
>>
>> Karl, it's tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio.
>>
>> Karma has been granted to your pre-existing account, so that you can
>> add yourself to the committers section of the Who We Are page on the
>> website: http://lucene.apache.org/whoweare.html
>>
>> Congratulations and welcome!
>>
>> Mike McCandless
>>
>> http://blog.mikemccandless.com

RE: Welcome Karl Wright as a Lucene/Solr committer!

Martin Gainty
would like to hear more on how to search GIS Objects using Lat/Long inputs
my immediate interest is identifying Rock Glacier Formations in the Andes
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock_glacier

Bienvenidos Karl
Martin

> From: [hidden email]

> Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2016 11:53:57 -0400
> Subject: Re: Welcome Karl Wright as a Lucene/Solr committer!
> To: [hidden email]
>
> Welcome Karl!
>
> On Mon, Apr 4, 2016 at 10:40 AM, Karl Wright <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Professionally, I've been active in software development since the 1970's.
> > My interests include many things related to software development, as well as
> > areas as varied as geology, carpentry, and gardening. I'm the PMC chair for
> > the ManifoldCF project, as well as a committer on other Apache projects such
> > as Http Components.
> >
> > My current employer is HERE, Inc, who is a spin-off from Nokia, who sells
> > map data, services, and search capabilities.
> >
> > I'm also the contributor and principal author of the Geo3D package, which is
> > now part of Lucene under the spatial3d module. I intend to continue to
> > contribute to this package for the foreseeable future.
> >
> > Thanks!!
> > Karl
> >

> > On Mon, Apr 4, 2016 at 10:28 AM, Michael McCandless
> > <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >>
> >> I'm pleased to announce that Karl Wright has accepted the Lucene PMC's
> >> invitation to become a committer.
> >>
> >> Karl, it's tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio.
> >>
> >> Karma has been granted to your pre-existing account, so that you can
> >> add yourself to the committers section of the Who We Are page on the
> >> website: http://lucene.apache.org/whoweare.html
> >>
> >> Congratulations and welcome!
> >>
> >> Mike McCandless
> >>
> >> http://blog.mikemccandless.com

Re: Welcome Karl Wright as a Lucene/Solr committer!

Noble Paul നോബിള്‍  नोब्ळ्
welcome Karl.

On Mon, Apr 4, 2016 at 9:40 PM, Martin Gainty <[hidden email]> wrote:
would like to hear more on how to search GIS Objects using Lat/Long inputs
my immediate interest is identifying Rock Glacier Formations in the Andes
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock_glacier

Bienvenidos Karl
Martin

> From: [hidden email]

> Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2016 11:53:57 -0400
> Subject: Re: Welcome Karl Wright as a Lucene/Solr committer!
> To: [hidden email]

> Welcome Karl!
>
> On Mon, Apr 4, 2016 at 10:40 AM, Karl Wright <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Professionally, I've been active in software development since the 1970's.
> > My interests include many things related to software development, as well as
> > areas as varied as geology, carpentry, and gardening. I'm the PMC chair for
> > the ManifoldCF project, as well as a committer on other Apache projects such
> > as Http Components.
> >
> > My current employer is HERE, Inc, who is a spin-off from Nokia, who sells
> > map data, services, and search capabilities.
> >
> > I'm also the contributor and principal author of the Geo3D package, which is
> > now part of Lucene under the spatial3d module. I intend to continue to
> > contribute to this package for the foreseeable future.
> >
> > Thanks!!
> > Karl
> >

> > On Mon, Apr 4, 2016 at 10:28 AM, Michael McCandless
> > <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >>
> >> I'm pleased to announce that Karl Wright has accepted the Lucene PMC's
> >> invitation to become a committer.
> >>
> >> Karl, it's tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio.
> >>
> >> Karma has been granted to your pre-existing account, so that you can
> >> add yourself to the committers section of the Who We Are page on the
> >> website: http://lucene.apache.org/whoweare.html
> >>
> >> Congratulations and welcome!
> >>
> >> Mike McCandless
> >>
> >> http://blog.mikemccandless.com

Noble Paul

Re: Welcome Karl Wright as a Lucene/Solr committer!

Tomás Fernández Löbbe
Welcome Karl!

On Mon, Apr 4, 2016 at 9:24 AM, Noble Paul <[hidden email]> wrote:
welcome Karl.

On Mon, Apr 4, 2016 at 9:40 PM, Martin Gainty <[hidden email]> wrote:
would like to hear more on how to search GIS Objects using Lat/Long inputs
my immediate interest is identifying Rock Glacier Formations in the Andes
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock_glacier

Bienvenidos Karl
Martin

> From: [hidden email]

> Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2016 11:53:57 -0400
> Subject: Re: Welcome Karl Wright as a Lucene/Solr committer!
> To: [hidden email]

> Welcome Karl!
>
> On Mon, Apr 4, 2016 at 10:40 AM, Karl Wright <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Professionally, I've been active in software development since the 1970's.
> > My interests include many things related to software development, as well as
> > areas as varied as geology, carpentry, and gardening. I'm the PMC chair for
> > the ManifoldCF project, as well as a committer on other Apache projects such
> > as Http Components.
> >
> > My current employer is HERE, Inc, who is a spin-off from Nokia, who sells
> > map data, services, and search capabilities.
> >
> > I'm also the contributor and principal author of the Geo3D package, which is
> > now part of Lucene under the spatial3d module. I intend to continue to
> > contribute to this package for the foreseeable future.
> >
> > Thanks!!
> > Karl
> >

> > On Mon, Apr 4, 2016 at 10:28 AM, Michael McCandless
> > <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >>
> >> I'm pleased to announce that Karl Wright has accepted the Lucene PMC's
> >> invitation to become a committer.
> >>
> >> Karl, it's tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio.
> >>
> >> Karma has been granted to your pre-existing account, so that you can
> >> add yourself to the committers section of the Who We Are page on the
> >> website: http://lucene.apache.org/whoweare.html
> >>
> >> Congratulations and welcome!
> >>
> >> Mike McCandless
> >>
> >> http://blog.mikemccandless.com

Noble Paul

Re: Welcome Karl Wright as a Lucene/Solr committer!

Nicholas Knize
Congrats and Welcome Karl!