Welcome Nick Knize as Lucene/Solr committer

12

Welcome Nick Knize as Lucene/Solr committer

Michael McCandless-2
I'm pleased to announce that Nick Knize has accepted the PMC's
invitation to become a committer.

Nick, it's tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio /
origin story, explaining how you arrived here.

Your handle "nknize" has already added to the “lucene" LDAP group, so
you now have commit privileges.

Please celebrate this rite of passage, and confirm that the right
karma has in fact enabled, by embarking on the challenge of adding
yourself to the committers section of the Who We Are page on the
website: http://lucene.apache.org/whoweare.html (use the ASF CMS
bookmarklet
at the bottom of the page here: https://cms.apache.org/#bookmark -
more info here http://www.apache.org/dev/cms.html).

Congratulations and welcome!

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com

Re: Welcome Nick Knize as Lucene/Solr committer

Shalin Shekhar Mangar
Welcome Nick!

On Tue, Oct 20, 2015 at 10:20 PM, Michael McCandless
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm pleased to announce that Nick Knize has accepted the PMC's
> invitation to become a committer.
>
> Nick, it's tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio /
> origin story, explaining how you arrived here.
>
> Your handle "nknize" has already added to the “lucene" LDAP group, so
> you now have commit privileges.
>
> Please celebrate this rite of passage, and confirm that the right
> karma has in fact enabled, by embarking on the challenge of adding
> yourself to the committers section of the Who We Are page on the
> website: http://lucene.apache.org/whoweare.html (use the ASF CMS
> bookmarklet
> at the bottom of the page here: https://cms.apache.org/#bookmark -
> more info here http://www.apache.org/dev/cms.html).
>
> Congratulations and welcome!
>
> Mike McCandless
>
> http://blog.mikemccandless.com

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.

Re: Welcome Nick Knize as Lucene/Solr committer

Yonik Seeley
Congrats Nick!

-Yonik

On Tue, Oct 20, 2015 at 12:50 PM, Michael McCandless
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm pleased to announce that Nick Knize has accepted the PMC's
> invitation to become a committer.
>
> Nick, it's tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio /
> origin story, explaining how you arrived here.
>
> Your handle "nknize" has already added to the “lucene" LDAP group, so
> you now have commit privileges.
>
> Please celebrate this rite of passage, and confirm that the right
> karma has in fact enabled, by embarking on the challenge of adding
> yourself to the committers section of the Who We Are page on the
> website: http://lucene.apache.org/whoweare.html (use the ASF CMS
> bookmarklet
> at the bottom of the page here: https://cms.apache.org/#bookmark -
> more info here http://www.apache.org/dev/cms.html).
>
> Congratulations and welcome!
>
> Mike McCandless
>
> http://blog.mikemccandless.com

Re: Welcome Nick Knize as Lucene/Solr committer

Adrien Grand
Welcome Nick!

Re: Welcome Nick Knize as Lucene/Solr committer

Joel Bernstein
Welcome Nick!

Welcome Nick!

Varun Thacker

Re: Welcome Nick Knize as Lucene/Solr committer

Nicholas Knize
Thanks for the honor to join such a talented group!

Brief Bio:  I started as a Meteorology major in undergrad. After the Meteorology program bored me with colored pencils and paper maps (but rocking a FORTRAN class) I switched to Computer Science. I received a CS Bachelor's and Master's focused on Computer Vision. Interestingly I was first exposed to Lucene/Solr in 2006 while working on a proprietary Remote Geospatial Imaging System. After a "fun" detour through the land of Oracle Spatial integration and MongoDB and Accumulo core development I finished a PhD in GIS focused on high dimension spatial Indexing. With sights set on working with the open source community I joined Elasticsearch 1 year ago this November which brings me here. I currently live in Dallas, TX with my Wife, 3 Kids, and a Dog and when my face is not behind a monitor I plant it either behind a drum kit, on a hockey rink, or in the park with the family.

I look forward to continuing to virtually work with many of you and hope to meet many at conferences and meetups.

Thanks again!

[...]

sarowe
Welcome Nick!

Steve

> On Oct 20, 2015, at 12:50 PM, Michael McCandless <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I'm pleased to announce that Nick Knize has accepted the PMC's
> invitation to become a committer.
>
> Nick, it's tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio /
> origin story, explaining how you arrived here.
>
> Your handle "nknize" has already added to the “lucene" LDAP group, so
> you now have commit privileges.
>
> Please celebrate this rite of passage, and confirm that the right
> karma has in fact enabled, by embarking on the challenge of adding
> yourself to the committers section of the Who We Are page on the
> website: http://lucene.apache.org/whoweare.html (use the ASF CMS
> bookmarklet
> at the bottom of the page here: https://cms.apache.org/#bookmark -
> more info here http://www.apache.org/dev/cms.html).
>
> Congratulations and welcome!
>
> Mike McCandless
>
> http://blog.mikemccandless.com

Re: Welcome Nick Knize as Lucene/Solr committer

Alan Woodward-2
Welcome Nick!

> On 20 Oct 2015, at 18:41, Steve Rowe <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Welcome Nick!
>
> Steve
>
>> On Oct 20, 2015, at 12:50 PM, Michael McCandless <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I'm pleased to announce that Nick Knize has accepted the PMC's
>> invitation to become a committer.
>>
>> Nick, it's tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio /
>> origin story, explaining how you arrived here.
>>
>> Your handle "nknize" has already added to the “lucene" LDAP group, so
>> you now have commit privileges.
>>
>> Please celebrate this rite of passage, and confirm that the right
>> karma has in fact enabled, by embarking on the challenge of adding
>> yourself to the committers section of the Who We Are page on the
>> website: http://lucene.apache.org/whoweare.html (use the ASF CMS
>> bookmarklet
>> at the bottom of the page here: https://cms.apache.org/#bookmark -
>> more info here http://www.apache.org/dev/cms.html).
>>
>> Congratulations and welcome!
>>
>> Mike McCandless
>>
>> http://blog.mikemccandless.com

Re: Welcome Nick Knize as Lucene/Solr committer

Tomás Fernández Löbbe
Welcome Nick!

On Tue, Oct 20, 2015 at 10:43 AM, Alan Woodward <[hidden email]> wrote:
Welcome Nick!

> On 20 Oct 2015, at 18:41, Steve Rowe <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Welcome Nick!
>
> Steve
>
>> On Oct 20, 2015, at 12:50 PM, Michael McCandless <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I'm pleased to announce that Nick Knize has accepted the PMC's
>> invitation to become a committer.
>>
>> Nick, it's tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio /
>> origin story, explaining how you arrived here.
>>
>> Your handle "nknize" has already added to the “lucene" LDAP group, so
>> you now have commit privileges.
>>
>> Please celebrate this rite of passage, and confirm that the right
>> karma has in fact enabled, by embarking on the challenge of adding
>> yourself to the committers section of the Who We Are page on the
>> website: http://lucene.apache.org/whoweare.html (use the ASF CMS
>> bookmarklet
>> at the bottom of the page here: https://cms.apache.org/#bookmark -
>> more info here http://www.apache.org/dev/cms.html).
>>
>> Congratulations and welcome!
>>
>> Mike McCandless
>>
>> http://blog.mikemccandless.com

Re: Welcome Nick Knize as Lucene/Solr committer

Dawid Weiss-2

Welcome Nick!

Dawid

P.S. Skating rink in Texas? :)

Anshum Gupta

Re: Welcome Nick Knize as Lucene/Solr committer

Nicholas Knize
P.S. Skating rink in Texas? :)

There's one and it freezes once a year. Biggest Hockey Team Ever

On Tue, Oct 20, 2015 at 1:24 PM, Dawid Weiss <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Mikhail Khludnev
Nick, welcome!

On Tue, Oct 20, 2015 at 7:50 PM, Michael McCandless <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'm pleased to announce that Nick Knize has accepted the PMC's
invitation to become a committer.

Nick, it's tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio /
origin story, explaining how you arrived here.

Your handle "nknize" has already added to the “lucene" LDAP group, so
you now have commit privileges.

Please celebrate this rite of passage, and confirm that the right
karma has in fact enabled, by embarking on the challenge of adding
yourself to the committers section of the Who We Are page on the
website: http://lucene.apache.org/whoweare.html (use the ASF CMS
bookmarklet
at the bottom of the page here: https://cms.apache.org/#bookmark -
more info here http://www.apache.org/dev/cms.html).

Congratulations and welcome!

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com

Sincerely yours
Mikhail Khludnev
Principal Engineer,
Grid Dynamics

Re: Welcome Nick Knize as Lucene/Solr committer

Jan Høydahl / Cominvent
Welcome Nick!

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com

> 20. okt. 2015 kl. 18.50 skrev Michael McCandless <[hidden email]>:
>
> I'm pleased to announce that Nick Knize has accepted the PMC's
> invitation to become a committer.
>
> Nick, it's tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio /
> origin story, explaining how you arrived here.
>
> Your handle "nknize" has already added to the “lucene" LDAP group, so
> you now have commit privileges.
>
> Please celebrate this rite of passage, and confirm that the right
> karma has in fact enabled, by embarking on the challenge of adding
> yourself to the committers section of the Who We Are page on the
> website: http://lucene.apache.org/whoweare.html (use the ASF CMS
> bookmarklet
> at the bottom of the page here: https://cms.apache.org/#bookmark -
> more info here http://www.apache.org/dev/cms.html).
>
> Congratulations and welcome!
>
> Mike McCandless
>
> http://blog.mikemccandless.com

Re: Welcome Nick Knize as Lucene/Solr committer

Han Jiang
Welcome Nick!

On Wed, Oct 21, 2015 at 12:50 AM, Michael McCandless <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Team of Search Engine and Web Mining,
School of Electronic Engineering and Computer Science
,
Peking University, China

Peking University, China

Re: Welcome Nick Knize as Lucene/Solr committer

Christian Moen
Congratulations, Nick!