Welcome Tim Allison as a Lucene/Solr committer

12

Welcome Tim Allison as a Lucene/Solr committer

Erick Erickson
Hi all,

Please join me in welcoming Tim Allison as the latest Lucene/Solr committer!

Congratulations and Welcome, Tim!

It's traditional for you to introduce yourself with a brief bio.

Re: Welcome Tim Allison as a Lucene/Solr committer

Tim Allison
Thank you, Erick!  And, thank you, team!

A bit about me...

I've been working in natural language processing since 2002. Over the
last 5+ years, I've focused on advanced search and content/metadata
extraction. Many years ago, David Smiley inspired me "to quit forking
and start patching" and, generally, to grow up and participate in open
source communities.  I'm now the chair/V.P. of Apache Tika, a
committer and PMC member on Apache POI and Apache PDFBox, and I'm a
member of the ASF.  I am passionate about relevance
engineering/evaluation, and more generally, about testing and
evaluation to protect our codebases from my code[1][2].  In a former
life, I was a professor of Latin and Ancient Greek[3].

I am so very grateful to receive this honor.

Thank you!

Cheers,

            Tim

[1] http://openpreservation.org/blog/2016/10/04/apache-tikas-regression-corpus-tika-1302
[2] https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLbzoR-pLrL6pLDCyPxByWQwYTL-JrF5Rp
[3] https://books.google.com/books/about/Aeschylean_stylistics.html?id=0wweAQAAMAAJ
On Fri, Nov 2, 2018 at 12:20 PM Erick Erickson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Please join me in welcoming Tim Allison as the latest Lucene/Solr committer!
>
> Congratulations and Welcome, Tim!
>
> It's traditional for you to introduce yourself with a brief bio.
>
> Erick

Re: Welcome Tim Allison as a Lucene/Solr committer

Kevin Risden-3
Congrats and welcome!

Kevin Risden

On Fri, Nov 2, 2018 at 12:40 PM Tim Allison <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thank you, Erick!  And, thank you, team!

A bit about me...

I've been working in natural language processing since 2002. Over the
last 5+ years, I've focused on advanced search and content/metadata
extraction. Many years ago, David Smiley inspired me "to quit forking
and start patching" and, generally, to grow up and participate in open
source communities.  I'm now the chair/V.P. of Apache Tika, a
committer and PMC member on Apache POI and Apache PDFBox, and I'm a
member of the ASF.  I am passionate about relevance
engineering/evaluation, and more generally, about testing and
evaluation to protect our codebases from my code[1][2].  In a former
life, I was a professor of Latin and Ancient Greek[3].

I am so very grateful to receive this honor.

Thank you!

Cheers,

            Tim

[1] http://openpreservation.org/blog/2016/10/04/apache-tikas-regression-corpus-tika-1302
[2] https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLbzoR-pLrL6pLDCyPxByWQwYTL-JrF5Rp
[3] https://books.google.com/books/about/Aeschylean_stylistics.html?id=0wweAQAAMAAJ
On Fri, Nov 2, 2018 at 12:20 PM Erick Erickson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Please join me in welcoming Tim Allison as the latest Lucene/Solr committer!
>
> Congratulations and Welcome, Tim!
>
> It's traditional for you to introduce yourself with a brief bio.
>
> Erick

Re: Welcome Tim Allison as a Lucene/Solr committer

Joel Bernstein
Welcome Tim!

On Fri, Nov 2, 2018 at 12:47 PM Kevin Risden <[hidden email]> wrote:
Congrats and welcome!

Kevin Risden

On Fri, Nov 2, 2018 at 12:40 PM Tim Allison <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thank you, Erick!  And, thank you, team!

A bit about me...

I've been working in natural language processing since 2002. Over the
last 5+ years, I've focused on advanced search and content/metadata
extraction. Many years ago, David Smiley inspired me "to quit forking
and start patching" and, generally, to grow up and participate in open
source communities.  I'm now the chair/V.P. of Apache Tika, a
committer and PMC member on Apache POI and Apache PDFBox, and I'm a
member of the ASF.  I am passionate about relevance
engineering/evaluation, and more generally, about testing and
evaluation to protect our codebases from my code[1][2].  In a former
life, I was a professor of Latin and Ancient Greek[3].

I am so very grateful to receive this honor.

Thank you!

Cheers,

            Tim

[1] http://openpreservation.org/blog/2016/10/04/apache-tikas-regression-corpus-tika-1302
[2] https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLbzoR-pLrL6pLDCyPxByWQwYTL-JrF5Rp
[3] https://books.google.com/books/about/Aeschylean_stylistics.html?id=0wweAQAAMAAJ
On Fri, Nov 2, 2018 at 12:20 PM Erick Erickson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Please join me in welcoming Tim Allison as the latest Lucene/Solr committer!
>
> Congratulations and Welcome, Tim!
>
> It's traditional for you to introduce yourself with a brief bio.
>
> Erick

Re: Welcome Tim Allison as a Lucene/Solr committer

Alan Woodward-3
Congratulations and welcome, Tim!

> On 2 Nov 2018, at 16:20, Erick Erickson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> Please join me in welcoming Tim Allison as the latest Lucene/Solr committer!
>
> Congratulations and Welcome, Tim!
>
> It's traditional for you to introduce yourself with a brief bio.
>
> Erick

Re: Welcome Tim Allison as a Lucene/Solr committer

Anshum Gupta-3
Congratulations and welcome, Tim! :)

  Anshum

On Nov 2, 2018, at 9:20 AM, Erick Erickson <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi all,

Please join me in welcoming Tim Allison as the latest Lucene/Solr committer!

Congratulations and Welcome, Tim!

It's traditional for you to introduce yourself with a brief bio.

For additional commands, [hidden email]

Re: Welcome Tim Allison as a Lucene/Solr committer

Alexandre Rafalovitch
It is super exciting to welcome you to the Solr committers' club.

Regards,
   Alex.
On Fri, 2 Nov 2018 at 12:40, Tim Allison <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thank you, Erick!  And, thank you, team!
>
> A bit about me...
>
> I've been working in natural language processing since 2002. Over the
> last 5+ years, I've focused on advanced search and content/metadata
> extraction. Many years ago, David Smiley inspired me "to quit forking
> and start patching" and, generally, to grow up and participate in open
> source communities.  I'm now the chair/V.P. of Apache Tika, a
> committer and PMC member on Apache POI and Apache PDFBox, and I'm a
> member of the ASF.  I am passionate about relevance
> engineering/evaluation, and more generally, about testing and
> evaluation to protect our codebases from my code[1][2].  In a former
> life, I was a professor of Latin and Ancient Greek[3].
>
> I am so very grateful to receive this honor.
>
> Thank you!
>
> Cheers,
>
>             Tim
>
> [1] http://openpreservation.org/blog/2016/10/04/apache-tikas-regression-corpus-tika-1302
> [2] https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLbzoR-pLrL6pLDCyPxByWQwYTL-JrF5Rp
> [3] https://books.google.com/books/about/Aeschylean_stylistics.html?id=0wweAQAAMAAJ
> On Fri, Nov 2, 2018 at 12:20 PM Erick Erickson <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Please join me in welcoming Tim Allison as the latest Lucene/Solr committer!
> >
> > Congratulations and Welcome, Tim!
> >
> > It's traditional for you to introduce yourself with a brief bio.
> >
> > Erick

Re: Welcome Tim Allison as a Lucene/Solr committer

Jan Høydahl / Cominvent
Welcome Tim!

> 2. nov. 2018 kl. 17:20 skrev Erick Erickson <[hidden email]>:
>
> Hi all,
>
> Please join me in welcoming Tim Allison as the latest Lucene/Solr committer!
>
> Congratulations and Welcome, Tim!
>
> It's traditional for you to introduce yourself with a brief bio.
>
> Erick

Re: Welcome Tim Allison as a Lucene/Solr committer

Nicholas Knize
Congrats and Welcome Tim!

On Fri, Nov 2, 2018 at 1:49 PM Tomás Fernández Löbbe <[hidden email]> wrote:
Welcome Tim!

On Fri, Nov 2, 2018 at 11:39 AM Tim Allison <[hidden email]> wrote:
Back at you, Gus! ;

On Fri, Nov 2, 2018 at 2:21 PM Gus Heck <[hidden email]> wrote:
Congratulations, and welcome, Tim :)

On Fri, Nov 2, 2018 at 2:11 PM Anshum Gupta <[hidden email]> wrote:
Congratulations and welcome, Tim! :)

  Anshum

On Nov 2, 2018, at 9:20 AM, Erick Erickson <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi all,

Please join me in welcoming Tim Allison as the latest Lucene/Solr committer!

Congratulations and Welcome, Tim!

It's traditional for you to introduce yourself with a brief bio.

For additional commands, [hidden email]

Nicholas Knize, Ph.D., GISP
Geospatial Software Guy  |  Elasticsearch
Apache Lucene Committer

Re: Welcome Tim Allison as a Lucene/Solr committer

Uwe Schindler
Welcome Tim!

It's great to have you here. Now you can commit Tika patches on your own. Great work with maintaining it.

Ah BTW, I am not a Latin and Greek professor, but before doing open source stuff with Lucene - in my previous life, I wrote a software for teaching Latin language. 😜🎃 You can still find it on German Amazon... 🤔 Maybe I should open source it at some point. But my former programming experience with Borland Delphi should not be consumed by anybody! 👮

Uwe

Achterdiek 19, 28357 Bremen
https://www.thetaphi.de

Re: Welcome Tim Allison as a Lucene/Solr committer

Martin Gainty
A much deserved Welcome  to Tim

Would appreciate to understand how Tika can enhance lucene development

Non refert quo imus quod quandiu prodesse autem nemo homini in via..
martin

Achterdiek 19, 28357 Bremen
https://www.thetaphi.de

Re: Welcome Tim Allison as a Lucene/Solr committer

Tommaso Teofili
Welcome Tim!!!

Tommaso
Il giorno ven 2 nov 2018 alle ore 22:30 Steve Rowe <[hidden email]>
ha scritto:

> Welcome Tim!
>
> Steve
>
> On Fri, Nov 2, 2018 at 12:20 PM Erick Erickson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Please join me in welcoming Tim Allison as the latest Lucene/Solr committer!
>>
>> Congratulations and Welcome, Tim!
>>
>> It's traditional for you to introduce yourself with a brief bio.
>>
>> Erick

Re: Welcome Tim Allison as a Lucene/Solr committer

Nhat Nguyen
Welcome Tim!

ha scritto:

> Welcome Tim!
>
> Steve
>
> On Fri, Nov 2, 2018 at 12:20 PM Erick Erickson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Please join me in welcoming Tim Allison as the latest Lucene/Solr committer!
>>
>> Congratulations and Welcome, Tim!
>>
>> It's traditional for you to introduce yourself with a brief bio.
>>
>> Erick

12