Quantcast

Welcome Toke Eskildsen as a Lucene/Solr committer

12

Welcome Toke Eskildsen as a Lucene/Solr committer

Jan Høydahl / Cominvent
I'm pleased to announce that Toke Eskildsen has accepted the Lucene
PMC's invitation to become a committer.

Toke, it's tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio.

Your account "toke" has been added to the “lucene" LDAP group, so you
now have commit privileges. Please test this by adding yourself to the
committers section of the Who We Are page on the website:
<http://lucene.apache.org/whoweare.html> (instructions here
<https://lucene.apache.org/site-instructions.html>).

The ASF dev page also has lots of useful links: <http://www.apache.org/dev/>.

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com

Re: Welcome Toke Eskildsen as a Lucene/Solr committer

Martin Gainty

Held og lykke Toke!

Martin

Re: Welcome Toke Eskildsen as a Lucene/Solr committer

sarowe
Welcome Toke!

--
Steve
www.lucidworks.com

> On Feb 14, 2017, at 7:09 AM, Jan Høydahl <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I'm pleased to announce that Toke Eskildsen has accepted the Lucene
> PMC's invitation to become a committer.
>
> Toke, it's tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio.
>
> Your account "toke" has been added to the “lucene" LDAP group, so you
> now have commit privileges. Please test this by adding yourself to the
> committers section of the Who We Are page on the website:
> <http://lucene.apache.org/whoweare.html> (instructions here
> <https://lucene.apache.org/site-instructions.html>).
>
> The ASF dev page also has lots of useful links: <http://www.apache.org/dev/>.

> Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com

Re: Welcome Toke Eskildsen as a Lucene/Solr committer

Michael McCandless-2
Welcome Toke!

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com

On Tue, Feb 14, 2017 at 7:09 AM, Jan Høydahl <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm pleased to announce that Toke Eskildsen has accepted the Lucene
> PMC's invitation to become a committer.
>
> Toke, it's tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio.
>
> Your account "toke" has been added to the “lucene" LDAP group, so you
> now have commit privileges. Please test this by adding yourself to the
> committers section of the Who We Are page on the website:
> <http://lucene.apache.org/whoweare.html> (instructions here
> <https://lucene.apache.org/site-instructions.html>).
>
> The ASF dev page also has lots of useful links: <http://www.apache.org/dev/>.

> Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com

Re: Welcome Toke Eskildsen as a Lucene/Solr committer

Yonik Seeley
Congrats Toke!

-Yonik

On Tue, Feb 14, 2017 at 7:09 AM, Jan Høydahl <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm pleased to announce that Toke Eskildsen has accepted the Lucene
> PMC's invitation to become a committer.
>
> Toke, it's tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio.
>
> Your account "toke" has been added to the “lucene" LDAP group, so you
> now have commit privileges. Please test this by adding yourself to the
> committers section of the Who We Are page on the website:
> <http://lucene.apache.org/whoweare.html> (instructions here
> <https://lucene.apache.org/site-instructions.html>).
>
> The ASF dev page also has lots of useful links: <http://www.apache.org/dev/>.

> Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com

Re: Welcome Toke Eskildsen as a Lucene/Solr committer

Dawid Weiss-2
Congratulations, Toke!
Dawid

On Tue, Feb 14, 2017 at 2:35 PM, Yonik Seeley <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Congrats Toke!
>
> -Yonik
>

> On Tue, Feb 14, 2017 at 7:09 AM, Jan Høydahl <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I'm pleased to announce that Toke Eskildsen has accepted the Lucene
>> PMC's invitation to become a committer.
>>
>> Toke, it's tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio.
>>
>> Your account "toke" has been added to the “lucene" LDAP group, so you
>> now have commit privileges. Please test this by adding yourself to the
>> committers section of the Who We Are page on the website:
>> <http://lucene.apache.org/whoweare.html> (instructions here
>> <https://lucene.apache.org/site-instructions.html>).
>>
>> The ASF dev page also has lots of useful links: <http://www.apache.org/dev/>.
>>
>> --
>> Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
>> Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com

Re: Welcome Toke Eskildsen as a Lucene/Solr committer

Erik Hatcher-4
Toke!!!     The guy is a legendary hero in the library (code4lib) community.   Welcome and congrats.

   Erik

> On Feb 14, 2017, at 07:09, Jan Høydahl <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I'm pleased to announce that Toke Eskildsen has accepted the Lucene
> PMC's invitation to become a committer.
>
> Toke, it's tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio.
>
> Your account "toke" has been added to the “lucene" LDAP group, so you
> now have commit privileges. Please test this by adding yourself to the
> committers section of the Who We Are page on the website:
> <http://lucene.apache.org/whoweare.html> (instructions here
> <https://lucene.apache.org/site-instructions.html>).
>
> The ASF dev page also has lots of useful links: <http://www.apache.org/dev/>.

> Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com

Re: Welcome Toke Eskildsen as a Lucene/Solr committer

Joel Bernstein
Congrats Toke!

On Tue, Feb 14, 2017 at 9:07 AM, Erik Hatcher <[hidden email]> wrote:
Toke!!!     The guy is a legendary hero in the library (code4lib) community.   Welcome and congrats.

   Erik

> On Feb 14, 2017, at 07:09, Jan Høydahl <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I'm pleased to announce that Toke Eskildsen has accepted the Lucene
> PMC's invitation to become a committer.
>
> Toke, it's tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio.
>
> Your account "toke" has been added to the “lucene" LDAP group, so you
> now have commit privileges. Please test this by adding yourself to the
> committers section of the Who We Are page on the website:
> <http://lucene.apache.org/whoweare.html> (instructions here
> <https://lucene.apache.org/site-instructions.html>).
>
> The ASF dev page also has lots of useful links: <http://www.apache.org/dev/>.

> Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com

Re: Welcome Toke Eskildsen as a Lucene/Solr committer

Alexandre Rafalovitch
Toke!!! This guy is legendary with his blog posts too. A compulsory
reading for anybody at the intermediate Lucene/Solr knowledge....

Welcome and congrats.

Regards,
   Alex.

----
http://www.solr-start.com/ - Resources for Solr users, new and experienced

On 14 February 2017 at 09:07, Erik Hatcher <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Toke!!!     The guy is a legendary hero in the library (code4lib) community.   Welcome and congrats.
>
>    Erik
>
>> On Feb 14, 2017, at 07:09, Jan Høydahl <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I'm pleased to announce that Toke Eskildsen has accepted the Lucene
>> PMC's invitation to become a committer.
>>
>> Toke, it's tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio.
>>
>> Your account "toke" has been added to the “lucene" LDAP group, so you
>> now have commit privileges. Please test this by adding yourself to the
>> committers section of the Who We Are page on the website:
>> <http://lucene.apache.org/whoweare.html> (instructions here
>> <https://lucene.apache.org/site-instructions.html>).
>>
>> The ASF dev page also has lots of useful links: <http://www.apache.org/dev/>.
>>
>> --
>> Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
>> Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com

Re: Welcome Toke Eskildsen as a Lucene/Solr committer

Alan Woodward-2
Welcome Toke!

Alan Woodward
www.flax.co.uk

On 14 Feb 2017, at 12:09, Jan Høydahl <[hidden email]> wrote:

I'm pleased to announce that Toke Eskildsen has accepted the Lucene
PMC's invitation to become a committer.

Toke, it's tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio.

Your account "toke" has been added to the “lucene" LDAP group, so you
now have commit privileges. Please test this by adding yourself to the
committers section of the Who We Are page on the website:
<http://lucene.apache.org/whoweare.html> (instructions here
<https://lucene.apache.org/site-instructions.html>).

The ASF dev page also has lots of useful links: <http://www.apache.org/dev/>.

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com

Re: Welcome Toke Eskildsen as a Lucene/Solr committer

Toke Eskildsen-2
Thank you for the invitation and the warm welcome.

I am a 43 year old Danish man, with a family and a job at the Royal Danish Library, where I have been working mostly with search-related technology for 10 years.

I have done a fair bit of Lucene/Solr hacking during the years, with focus on speed- and memory-optimizations. Implementing bit-packing structures, eliminating steps in calculations and in general making more things possible on less hardware is a bit of an obsession. I hope to continue in that direction as a committer and am looking forward to a more controlled and community-oriented way of writing code: The one-man-show is a lot of fun and can work well for specific use cases, but it tends to get a bit out of control and the result might not be that usable elsewhere.

Happy to be here,
Toke

Re: Welcome Toke Eskildsen as a Lucene/Solr committer

Shawn Heisey-2
On 2/14/2017 11:11 AM, Toke Eskildsen wrote:
> Thank you for the invitation and the warm welcome.
>
> I am a 43 year old Danish man, with a family and a job at the Royal Danish Library, where I have been working mostly with search-related technology for 10 years.
>
> I have done a fair bit of Lucene/Solr hacking during the years, with focus on speed- and memory-optimizations. Implementing bit-packing structures, eliminating steps in calculations and in general making more things possible on less hardware is a bit of an obsession. I hope to continue in that direction as a committer and am looking forward to a more controlled and community-oriented way of writing code: The one-man-show is a lot of fun and can work well for specific use cases, but it tends to get a bit out of control and the result might not be that usable elsewhere.

Congratulations, welcome, and thanks for all your patience on the IRC
channel!

Thanks,
Shawn

Sincerely yours
Mikhail Khludnev

Re: Welcome Toke Eskildsen as a Lucene/Solr committer

Koji Sekiguchi-3
Welcome Toke!

koji