Welcome Tomoko Uchida as Lucene/Solr committer

12

Welcome Tomoko Uchida as Lucene/Solr committer

Uwe Schindler
Hi all,

Please join me in welcoming Tomoko Uchida as the latest Lucene/Solr committer!

She has been working on https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-2562 for several years with awesome progress and finally we got the fantastic Luke as a branch on ASF JIRA: https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=lucene-solr.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/jira/lucene-2562-luke-swing-3
Looking forward to the first release of Apache Lucene 8.1 with Luke bundled in the distribution. I will take care of merging it to master and 8.x branches together with her once she got the ASF account.

Tomoko also helped with the Japanese and Korean Analyzers.

Congratulations and Welcome, Tomoko! Tomoko, it's traditional for you to introduce yourself with a brief bio.

Uwe & Robert (who nominated Tomoko)

-----
Uwe Schindler
Achterdiek 19, D-28357 Bremen
https://www.thetaphi.de
eMail: [hidden email]

Re: Welcome Tomoko Uchida as Lucene/Solr committer

Erick Erickson
Welcome Tomoko! Well deserved!

> On Apr 8, 2019, at 8:20 AM, Uwe Schindler <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> Please join me in welcoming Tomoko Uchida as the latest Lucene/Solr committer!
>
> She has been working on https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-2562 for several years with awesome progress and finally we got the fantastic Luke as a branch on ASF JIRA: https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=lucene-solr.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/jira/lucene-2562-luke-swing-3
> Looking forward to the first release of Apache Lucene 8.1 with Luke bundled in the distribution. I will take care of merging it to master and 8.x branches together with her once she got the ASF account.
>
> Tomoko also helped with the Japanese and Korean Analyzers.
>
> Congratulations and Welcome, Tomoko! Tomoko, it's traditional for you to introduce yourself with a brief bio.
>
> Uwe & Robert (who nominated Tomoko)
>
> -----
> Uwe Schindler
> Achterdiek 19, D-28357 Bremen
> https://www.thetaphi.de
> eMail: [hidden email]

Re: Welcome Tomoko Uchida as Lucene/Solr committer

sarowe
Welcome and congrats Tomoko!

--
Steve

> On Apr 8, 2019, at 11:26 AM, Erick Erickson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Welcome Tomoko! Well deserved!
>
>> On Apr 8, 2019, at 8:20 AM, Uwe Schindler <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Please join me in welcoming Tomoko Uchida as the latest Lucene/Solr committer!
>>
>> She has been working on https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-2562 for several years with awesome progress and finally we got the fantastic Luke as a branch on ASF JIRA: https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=lucene-solr.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/jira/lucene-2562-luke-swing-3
>> Looking forward to the first release of Apache Lucene 8.1 with Luke bundled in the distribution. I will take care of merging it to master and 8.x branches together with her once she got the ASF account.
>>
>> Tomoko also helped with the Japanese and Korean Analyzers.
>>
>> Congratulations and Welcome, Tomoko! Tomoko, it's traditional for you to introduce yourself with a brief bio.
>>
>> Uwe & Robert (who nominated Tomoko)
>>
>> -----
>> Uwe Schindler
>> Achterdiek 19, D-28357 Bremen
>> https://www.thetaphi.de
>> eMail: [hidden email]

Re: Welcome Tomoko Uchida as Lucene/Solr committer

Michael McCandless-2
Welcome Tomoko!

On Mon, Apr 8, 2019 at 11:30 AM Steve Rowe <[hidden email]> wrote:
Welcome and congrats Tomoko!

--
Steve

> On Apr 8, 2019, at 11:26 AM, Erick Erickson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Welcome Tomoko! Well deserved!
>
>> On Apr 8, 2019, at 8:20 AM, Uwe Schindler <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Please join me in welcoming Tomoko Uchida as the latest Lucene/Solr committer!
>>
>> She has been working on https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-2562 for several years with awesome progress and finally we got the fantastic Luke as a branch on ASF JIRA: https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=lucene-solr.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/jira/lucene-2562-luke-swing-3
>> Looking forward to the first release of Apache Lucene 8.1 with Luke bundled in the distribution. I will take care of merging it to master and 8.x branches together with her once she got the ASF account.
>>
>> Tomoko also helped with the Japanese and Korean Analyzers.
>>
>> Congratulations and Welcome, Tomoko! Tomoko, it's traditional for you to introduce yourself with a brief bio.
>>
>> Uwe & Robert (who nominated Tomoko)
>>
>> -----
>> Uwe Schindler
>> Achterdiek 19, D-28357 Bremen
>> https://www.thetaphi.de
>> eMail: [hidden email]

Re: Welcome Tomoko Uchida as Lucene/Solr committer

Kevin Risden-3
Welcome and congrats!

Kevin Risden

On Mon, Apr 8, 2019 at 11:45 AM Michael McCandless <[hidden email]> wrote:
Welcome Tomoko!

On Mon, Apr 8, 2019 at 11:30 AM Steve Rowe <[hidden email]> wrote:
Welcome and congrats Tomoko!

--
Steve

> On Apr 8, 2019, at 11:26 AM, Erick Erickson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Welcome Tomoko! Well deserved!
>
>> On Apr 8, 2019, at 8:20 AM, Uwe Schindler <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Please join me in welcoming Tomoko Uchida as the latest Lucene/Solr committer!
>>
>> She has been working on https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-2562 for several years with awesome progress and finally we got the fantastic Luke as a branch on ASF JIRA: https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=lucene-solr.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/jira/lucene-2562-luke-swing-3
>> Looking forward to the first release of Apache Lucene 8.1 with Luke bundled in the distribution. I will take care of merging it to master and 8.x branches together with her once she got the ASF account.
>>
>> Tomoko also helped with the Japanese and Korean Analyzers.
>>
>> Congratulations and Welcome, Tomoko! Tomoko, it's traditional for you to introduce yourself with a brief bio.
>>
>> Uwe & Robert (who nominated Tomoko)
>>
>> -----
>> Uwe Schindler
>> Achterdiek 19, D-28357 Bremen
>> https://www.thetaphi.de
>> eMail: [hidden email]

Re: Welcome Tomoko Uchida as Lucene/Solr committer

Joel Bernstein
Welcome Tomoko!

Joel Bernstein

On Mon, Apr 8, 2019 at 11:47 AM Kevin Risden <[hidden email]> wrote:
Welcome and congrats!

Kevin Risden

On Mon, Apr 8, 2019 at 11:45 AM Michael McCandless <[hidden email]> wrote:
Welcome Tomoko!

On Mon, Apr 8, 2019 at 11:30 AM Steve Rowe <[hidden email]> wrote:
Welcome and congrats Tomoko!

--
Steve

> On Apr 8, 2019, at 11:26 AM, Erick Erickson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Welcome Tomoko! Well deserved!
>
>> On Apr 8, 2019, at 8:20 AM, Uwe Schindler <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Please join me in welcoming Tomoko Uchida as the latest Lucene/Solr committer!
>>
>> She has been working on https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-2562 for several years with awesome progress and finally we got the fantastic Luke as a branch on ASF JIRA: https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=lucene-solr.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/jira/lucene-2562-luke-swing-3
>> Looking forward to the first release of Apache Lucene 8.1 with Luke bundled in the distribution. I will take care of merging it to master and 8.x branches together with her once she got the ASF account.
>>
>> Tomoko also helped with the Japanese and Korean Analyzers.
>>
>> Congratulations and Welcome, Tomoko! Tomoko, it's traditional for you to introduce yourself with a brief bio.
>>
>> Uwe & Robert (who nominated Tomoko)
>>
>> -----
>> Uwe Schindler
>> Achterdiek 19, D-28357 Bremen
>> https://www.thetaphi.de
>> eMail: [hidden email]

Re: Welcome Tomoko Uchida as Lucene/Solr committer

Adrien Grand
Congratulations, Tomoko! Welcome!

On Mon, Apr 8, 2019 at 5:20 PM Uwe Schindler <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Please join me in welcoming Tomoko Uchida as the latest Lucene/Solr committer!
>
> She has been working on https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-2562 for several years with awesome progress and finally we got the fantastic Luke as a branch on ASF JIRA: https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=lucene-solr.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/jira/lucene-2562-luke-swing-3
> Looking forward to the first release of Apache Lucene 8.1 with Luke bundled in the distribution. I will take care of merging it to master and 8.x branches together with her once she got the ASF account.
>
> Tomoko also helped with the Japanese and Korean Analyzers.
>
> Congratulations and Welcome, Tomoko! Tomoko, it's traditional for you to introduce yourself with a brief bio.
>
> Uwe & Robert (who nominated Tomoko)
>
> -----
> Uwe Schindler
> Achterdiek 19, D-28357 Bremen
> https://www.thetaphi.de
> eMail: [hidden email]

Adrien

Anshum Gupta

Re: Welcome Tomoko Uchida as Lucene/Solr committer

Tomoko Uchida
Thank you, Uwe and Robert.

And hello all, I am delighted and excited to join the great team.

Brief background:
I've been interested in search & NLP area, and worked with Solr and
Elasticsearch for five years or so. I joined Luke project (currently
on GitHub) in 2015 and have served as a committer for my fun and
learning with the repository owner, Dmitry Kan. Early last year, I
rewritten Luke almost from scratch to modernize the code base and
ported UI framework from Thinlet to JavaFX (and then Swing) so that it
can be distributed under ALv2.
I am very happy that Luke will finally get into Apache Lucene soon
(LUCENE-2562). Thanks again for all your help for this long-awaited
integration!

Apart from Luke, I'm from Okinawa, Japan, a lovely southern island
near to Taiwan. 🏖️
Currently I'm based in Tokyo and work as a web developer and/or search
engineer. (JFYI, Tomoko is one of the popular Japanese girl's given
names.)

Thanks,
Tomoko

--
Tomoko Uchida

Re: Welcome Tomoko Uchida as Lucene/Solr committer

Andrzej Białecki-2
Welcome, Tomoko!

> On 8 Apr 2019, at 18:18, Tomoko Uchida <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Thank you, Uwe and Robert.
>
> And hello all, I am delighted and excited to join the great team.
>
> Brief background:
> I've been interested in search & NLP area, and worked with Solr and
> Elasticsearch for five years or so. I joined Luke project (currently
> on GitHub) in 2015 and have served as a committer for my fun and
> learning with the repository owner, Dmitry Kan. Early last year, I
> rewritten Luke almost from scratch to modernize the code base and
> ported UI framework from Thinlet to JavaFX (and then Swing) so that it
> can be distributed under ALv2.
> I am very happy that Luke will finally get into Apache Lucene soon
> (LUCENE-2562). Thanks again for all your help for this long-awaited
> integration!
>
> Apart from Luke, I'm from Okinawa, Japan, a lovely southern island
> near to Taiwan. 🏖️
> Currently I'm based in Tokyo and work as a web developer and/or search
> engineer. (JFYI, Tomoko is one of the popular Japanese girl's given
> names.)
>
> Thanks,
> Tomoko
>
> 2019年4月9日(火) 1:14 Anshum Gupta <[hidden email]>:
>>
>> Congratulations and welcome, Tomoko!
>>
>> On Mon, Apr 8, 2019 at 8:21 AM Uwe Schindler <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Please join me in welcoming Tomoko Uchida as the latest Lucene/Solr committer!
>>>
>>> She has been working on https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-2562 for several years with awesome progress and finally we got the fantastic Luke as a branch on ASF JIRA: https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=lucene-solr.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/jira/lucene-2562-luke-swing-3
>>> Looking forward to the first release of Apache Lucene 8.1 with Luke bundled in the distribution. I will take care of merging it to master and 8.x branches together with her once she got the ASF account.
>>>
>>> Tomoko also helped with the Japanese and Korean Analyzers.
>>>
>>> Congratulations and Welcome, Tomoko! Tomoko, it's traditional for you to introduce yourself with a brief bio.
>>>
>>> Uwe & Robert (who nominated Tomoko)
>>>
>>> -----
>>> Uwe Schindler
>>> Achterdiek 19, D-28357 Bremen
>>> https://www.thetaphi.de
>>> eMail: [hidden email]

>> --
>> Anshum Gupta
>

> --
> Tomoko Uchida

Re: Welcome Tomoko Uchida as Lucene/Solr committer

Tomoko Uchida
Hello Andrzej,

Of course your name is credited as "original author". Please see the "Help > About" dialog of the revised Luke!

Thank you,
Tomoko

2019年4月9日(火) 2:45 Andrzej Białecki <[hidden email]>:
Welcome, Tomoko!

> On 8 Apr 2019, at 18:18, Tomoko Uchida <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Thank you, Uwe and Robert.
>
> And hello all, I am delighted and excited to join the great team.
>
> Brief background:
> I've been interested in search & NLP area, and worked with Solr and
> Elasticsearch for five years or so. I joined Luke project (currently
> on GitHub) in 2015 and have served as a committer for my fun and
> learning with the repository owner, Dmitry Kan. Early last year, I
> rewritten Luke almost from scratch to modernize the code base and
> ported UI framework from Thinlet to JavaFX (and then Swing) so that it
> can be distributed under ALv2.
> I am very happy that Luke will finally get into Apache Lucene soon
> (LUCENE-2562). Thanks again for all your help for this long-awaited
> integration!
>
> Apart from Luke, I'm from Okinawa, Japan, a lovely southern island
> near to Taiwan. 🏖️
> Currently I'm based in Tokyo and work as a web developer and/or search
> engineer. (JFYI, Tomoko is one of the popular Japanese girl's given
> names.)
>
> Thanks,
> Tomoko
>
> 2019年4月9日(火) 1:14 Anshum Gupta <[hidden email]>:
>>
>> Congratulations and welcome, Tomoko!
>>
>> On Mon, Apr 8, 2019 at 8:21 AM Uwe Schindler <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Please join me in welcoming Tomoko Uchida as the latest Lucene/Solr committer!
>>>
>>> She has been working on https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-2562 for several years with awesome progress and finally we got the fantastic Luke as a branch on ASF JIRA: https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=lucene-solr.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/jira/lucene-2562-luke-swing-3
>>> Looking forward to the first release of Apache Lucene 8.1 with Luke bundled in the distribution. I will take care of merging it to master and 8.x branches together with her once she got the ASF account.
>>>
>>> Tomoko also helped with the Japanese and Korean Analyzers.
>>>
>>> Congratulations and Welcome, Tomoko! Tomoko, it's traditional for you to introduce yourself with a brief bio.
>>>
>>> Uwe & Robert (who nominated Tomoko)
>>>
>>> -----
>>> Uwe Schindler
>>> Achterdiek 19, D-28357 Bremen
>>> https://www.thetaphi.de
>>> eMail: [hidden email]

>> --
>> Anshum Gupta
>

> --
> Tomoko Uchida

Tomoko Uchida

Re: Welcome Tomoko Uchida as Lucene/Solr committer

Dawid Weiss-2
Hi and welcome, Tomoko!

Dawid

On Mon, Apr 8, 2019 at 5:21 PM Uwe Schindler <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Please join me in welcoming Tomoko Uchida as the latest Lucene/Solr committer!
>
> She has been working on https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-2562 for several years with awesome progress and finally we got the fantastic Luke as a branch on ASF JIRA: https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=lucene-solr.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/jira/lucene-2562-luke-swing-3
> Looking forward to the first release of Apache Lucene 8.1 with Luke bundled in the distribution. I will take care of merging it to master and 8.x branches together with her once she got the ASF account.
>
> Tomoko also helped with the Japanese and Korean Analyzers.
>
> Congratulations and Welcome, Tomoko! Tomoko, it's traditional for you to introduce yourself with a brief bio.
>
> Uwe & Robert (who nominated Tomoko)
>
> -----
> Uwe Schindler
> Achterdiek 19, D-28357 Bremen
> https://www.thetaphi.de
> eMail: [hidden email]

Re: Welcome Tomoko Uchida as Lucene/Solr committer

Jan Høydahl / Cominvent
Welcome Tomoko!

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com

8. apr. 2019 kl. 17:20 skrev Uwe Schindler <[hidden email]>:

[...]

Robert Muir
Welcome!

On Mon, Apr 8, 2019 at 11:21 AM Uwe Schindler <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Please join me in welcoming Tomoko Uchida as the latest Lucene/Solr committer!
>
> She has been working on https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-2562 for several years with awesome progress and finally we got the fantastic Luke as a branch on ASF JIRA: https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=lucene-solr.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/jira/lucene-2562-luke-swing-3
> Looking forward to the first release of Apache Lucene 8.1 with Luke bundled in the distribution. I will take care of merging it to master and 8.x branches together with her once she got the ASF account.
>
> Tomoko also helped with the Japanese and Korean Analyzers.
>
> Congratulations and Welcome, Tomoko! Tomoko, it's traditional for you to introduce yourself with a brief bio.
>
> Uwe & Robert (who nominated Tomoko)
>
> -----
> Uwe Schindler
> Achterdiek 19, D-28357 Bremen
> https://www.thetaphi.de
> eMail: [hidden email]

Re: Welcome Tomoko Uchida as Lucene/Solr committer

Dmitry Kan-3
Congratulations, Tomoko! Well deserved!

And I’m also happy to have helped by creating the github repo   (in fact a fork) back in 2013 after getting the ’blessing’ from luke’s author Andrzej Bialecki, and working on first releases.

Looking forward to run luke as part of Lucene!

Dmitry Kan

On Mon, 8 Apr 2019 at 23.01, Robert Muir <[hidden email]> wrote:
Welcome!

On Mon, Apr 8, 2019 at 11:21 AM Uwe Schindler <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Please join me in welcoming Tomoko Uchida as the latest Lucene/Solr committer!
>
> She has been working on https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-2562 for several years with awesome progress and finally we got the fantastic Luke as a branch on ASF JIRA: https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=lucene-solr.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/jira/lucene-2562-luke-swing-3
> Looking forward to the first release of Apache Lucene 8.1 with Luke bundled in the distribution. I will take care of merging it to master and 8.x branches together with her once she got the ASF account.
>
> Tomoko also helped with the Japanese and Korean Analyzers.
>
> Congratulations and Welcome, Tomoko! Tomoko, it's traditional for you to introduce yourself with a brief bio.
>
> Uwe & Robert (who nominated Tomoko)
>
> -----
> Uwe Schindler
> Achterdiek 19, D-28357 Bremen
> https://www.thetaphi.de
> eMail: [hidden email]

Re: Welcome Tomoko Uchida as Lucene/Solr committer

Tim Allison
Welcome!