When is the Clause.getQuery().getBoost == 0?

When is the Clause.getQuery().getBoost == 0?

Ned Rockson-3
I'm trying to figure out when, in LuceneQueryOptimizer, that the
filtering branch is followed.  IT appears in order to get down that
branch, the clause must be required and its boost must be == 0.0.  I ran
the NutchBean pipeline though and every Clause is 1.0 no matter what I
put in.  What is the reasoning behind this?  It seems like it should be
!= 0.0, but maybe I don't understand the reasoning behind it.

Thanks
Ned

Re: When is the Clause.getQuery().getBoost == 0?

Andrzej Białecki-2
Ned Rockson wrote:
> I'm trying to figure out when, in LuceneQueryOptimizer, that the
> filtering branch is followed.  IT appears in order to get down that
> branch, the clause must be required and its boost must be == 0.0.  I ran
> the NutchBean pipeline though and every Clause is 1.0 no matter what I
> put in.  What is the reasoning behind this?  It seems like it should be
> != 0.0, but maybe I don't understand the reasoning behind it.

Check query-more/.../DateQueryFilter, or query-site. The reason for
setting this value to 0.0 is to trigger the filterization in
LuceneQueryOptimizer. This is done for clauses that don't affect the
scoring, but only affect the selection of matching results.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Bialecki     <><