Writing plugin example

Ricardo J. Méndez
Hi,

I was checking out the plug in writing example on the Wiki at
http://wiki.apache.org/nutch/WritingPluginExample and and noticed that
it didn't compile under 0.8.  I've gotten it to compile with that
version (still testing it, though) but the wiki page is tagged as
immutable and, while this may sound silly, I can't find a way to register.

How should I modify the code on that page, once I'm done testing?

Good luck,

Ricardo J. Méndez
http://ricardo.strangevistas.net/

Re: Writing plugin example

rubdabadub
On 2/12/07, "Ricardo J. Méndez" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was checking out the plug in writing example on the Wiki at
> http://wiki.apache.org/nutch/WritingPluginExample and and noticed that
> it didn't compile under 0.8.  I've gotten it to compile with that
> version (still testing it, though) but the wiki page is tagged as
> immutable and, while this may sound silly, I can't find a way to register.

Yap, I can't register either :-)

> How should I modify the code on that page, once I'm done testing?

I think its better to create a new page for writing plugins in 0.8
instead of editing the current page cos 0.7 is still in usage. Looking
forward to reading your docs/pages.

> Ricardo J. Méndez
> http://ricardo.strangevistas.net/

Re: Writing plugin example

Dennis Kubes
Someone overwrote the login page to the wiki.  I restored it and you
should now be able to login regularly.

Dennis Kubes

rubdabadub wrote:

> On 2/12/07, "Ricardo J. Méndez" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I was checking out the plug in writing example on the Wiki at
>> http://wiki.apache.org/nutch/WritingPluginExample and and noticed that
>> it didn't compile under 0.8.  I've gotten it to compile with that
>> version (still testing it, though) but the wiki page is tagged as
>> immutable and, while this may sound silly, I can't find a way to
>> register.
>
> Yap, I can't register either :-)
>
>> How should I modify the code on that page, once I'm done testing?
>
> I think its better to create a new page for writing plugins in 0.8
> instead of editing the current page cos 0.7 is still in usage. Looking
> forward to reading your docs/pages.
>
>> Ricardo J. Méndez
>> http://ricardo.strangevistas.net/

Re: Writing plugin example

Ricardo J. Méndez
Thanks for fixing it.  I've added the updated code at

http://wiki.apache.org/nutch/WritingPluginExample-0%2e8

Dennis Kubes wrote:

> Someone overwrote the login page to the wiki.  I restored it and you
> should now be able to login regularly.
>
> Dennis Kubes
>
> rubdabadub wrote:
>> On 2/12/07, "Ricardo J. Méndez" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I was checking out the plug in writing example on the Wiki at
>>> http://wiki.apache.org/nutch/WritingPluginExample and and noticed that
>>> it didn't compile under 0.8.  I've gotten it to compile with that
>>> version (still testing it, though) but the wiki page is tagged as
>>> immutable and, while this may sound silly, I can't find a way to
>>> register.
>>
>> Yap, I can't register either :-)
>>
>>> How should I modify the code on that page, once I'm done testing?
>>
>> I think its better to create a new page for writing plugins in 0.8
>> instead of editing the current page cos 0.7 is still in usage. Looking
>> forward to reading your docs/pages.
>>
>>> Ricardo J. Méndez
>>> http://ricardo.strangevistas.net/

Opensearch RSS description document URL for nutch webapp?

Nitin Borwankar

I am using Nutch 0.7.2 for a vertical search engine at
http://www.greener.com.

I need to integrate non Java front tend applications with this via
OpenSearch.
I know how to query and get results programmatically via
http://www.greener.com/opensearch?query=......

However some open search client libraries I am looking at especially the
Ruby opensearch gem, needs an initial step where an OpenSearch
description document is provided and the library then uses the
information in that document to find the search engine and query it. I
also know what the description document is and its content etc.

I have however been unable to locate a description document in the Nutch
web app installation.
Does the 0.7.2 Nutch webapp have such a document at some URL that I am
somehow missing?
Or do I need to create one and install it on my webapp at a location of
my choosing?

Thanks much,

--
Nitin Borwankar