XML and JSON input / output specs?

Aerik Sylvan
Hi All,

I'm working on a CLucene (C++ Lucene) based search/index daemon that will
feature similar functionality to Solr.  I'd like to make the input and
output compatible with Solr (or at least have compatible options) so I'm
writing to ask for a pointer to spec documents, or similar?  Barring that,
then if someone would just tell me what files/classes handle the xml/json
output/input, I will work at picking it apart to figure it out.

Thank You,
Aerik Sylvan

P.S.  The project, which is really just getting started, is at
http://clucened.com/ and http://sourceforge.net/projects/clucened/

http://www.wikidweb.com - the Wiki Directory of the Web
http://tagthis.info - Hosted Tagging for your website!

Re: XML and JSON input / output specs?

Otis Gospodnetic-2
Hi Aerik,

I don't think there are specs (if there are, they could be on the Wiki), but here are some pointers:

[otis@localhost src]$ ff \*JSON\*java
./test/org/apache/solr/request/JSONWriterTest.java
./java/org/apache/solr/request/JSONResponseWriter.java

[otis@localhost src]$ ff \*XML\*java
./test/org/apache/solr/common/util/TestXMLEscaping.java
./java/org/apache/solr/request/XMLWriter.java
./java/org/apache/solr/request/XMLResponseWriter.java
./java/org/apache/solr/util/XML.java
./java/org/apache/solr/common/util/XML.java

Otis

Re: XML and JSON input / output specs?

Mike Klaas
Specs for update/insertion:

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/UpdateXmlMessages

Sample query responses:

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/StandardRequestHandler

Interoperability between the various lucene servers would be great!

-Mike

On 2-Apr-08, at 5:48 PM, Otis Gospodnetic wrote:

> Hi Aerik,
>
> I don't think there are specs (if there are, they could be on the
> Wiki), but here are some pointers:
>

> [otis@localhost src]$ ff \*JSON\*java
> ./test/org/apache/solr/request/JSONWriterTest.java
> ./java/org/apache/solr/request/JSONResponseWriter.java
>
> [otis@localhost src]$ ff \*XML\*java
> ./test/org/apache/solr/common/util/TestXMLEscaping.java
> ./java/org/apache/solr/request/XMLWriter.java
> ./java/org/apache/solr/request/XMLResponseWriter.java
> ./java/org/apache/solr/util/XML.java
> ./java/org/apache/solr/common/util/XML.java
>

> Otis
> --
> Sematext -- http://sematext.com/ -- Lucene - Solr - Nutch

hossman
: feature similar functionality to Solr.  I'd like to make the input and
: output compatible with Solr (or at least have compatible options) so I'm

There was work done on an XSD file for the Solr output XML format, i think
it was almost finished but it had a few kinks; and we weren't relaly sure
what to do with it once we had it (maybe just include it in documentation
and put a hook in AbstractSolrTest to validate all responses aginst it so
we're sure we never break it)...