a *match all* query

Stanislav Jordanov
I need a query that will hit all documents in the index.
How do I get one?

10x
StJ

Re: a *match all* query

Miles Barr
On Mon, 2005-05-09 at 14:57 +0300, Stanislav Jordanov wrote:
> I need a query that will hit all documents in the index.
> How do I get one?

The semi-official technique is to create an additional field in the
index and store the same value in it for all the documents. Then do a
query on that field to get back all the documents.

--
Miles Barr <[hidden email]>
Runtime Collective Ltd.

Re: a *match all* query

kimchy.compass
   You can use Compass, since it does it for you by default. If you
don't care about OSEM (mapping your domain objects to search engine),
you can use the Compass::Core search engine abstraction to do that
(just define the resource mapping...), and work with Resource
(Document) and Property (Field) and work only with them.