analysis matches aren't counting as matches in query

analysis matches aren't counting as matches in query

John Blythe
hi all,

i'm having a hard time w understanding why i'm not getting hits on a
manufacturer field that i recently updated.

i get the following results, the top row being the index analysis and the
second the query.

RDTF
mentor
sterilize

RDTF
mentor

sterilize

yet when the values i used above for index and query analyses are present
in a document and query (as a filterquery) i get zero results. the rest of
the query brings back the expected the results when i remove the
fq=vendor_text:(foo) that produces the above output in Analysis.

any clue what i'm missing?

thanks!

Re: analysis matches aren't counting as matches in query

Erick Erickson
The most common issue here is that the query isn't being parsed like
you think it is. The simplest is that the query has spaces somewhere.
I.e. "q=f1:a b" gets parsed as

q=f1:a default_field:b

The analysis page (which I assume you're talking about) tells you what
happens _after_ the query is parsed, and the input bits are
apportioned up over the fields.

I'd start by adding &debug=query to the URL and see what the parsed
query looks like.

Best,
Erick