apache and nutch ONLY

Hilkiah Lavinier
Hi Guys,

I have a need to run apache (front end search page actually a portal) with nutch (backend search engine).  What strategy can I employ to either have apache as my ONLY webserver (i.e. no tomcat) and query nutch backend which would return the result to apache OR have apache talk to tomcat which would talk to nutch and have tomcat return the result to apache.

Essentially I don't want my end users 'seeing' tomcat and I don't want tomcat being my primary webserver.

Thanks in advance guys.

Regards,

Hilkiah G. Lavinier MEng (Hons), ACGI
6 Winston Lane,
Goodwill,
Roseau, Dominica
Mbl: (767) 275 3382
Hm : (767) 440 3924
Fax: (767) 440 4991
VoIP USA: (646) 432 4487

Email: [hidden email]
Email: [hidden email]
IM: Yahoo hilkiah / MSN [hidden email]
IM: ICQ #8978201  / AOL hilkiah21

Be a better friend, newshound, and

Re: apache and nutch ONLY

Jake-16

Hilkiah,

    You can configure Apache with mod_jk and then have tomcat just
listen on localhost (127.0.0.1).  If you go that route you'll have to
install and configure mod_jk so that it gets loaded when apache starts
and then for specific URL patterns it will go back to tomcat for the
response.  You'll still be running tomcat, but no one will hit it
directly.

Good Luck,
Jake.