books (and articles) about search engine algorithms

books (and articles) about search engine algorithms

Mladen Adamovic-3
Hi!

I want to get more insight into various search engine algorithms. I have
wide knowledge of standard data structures & algorithms (hashvalues,
trees,  graphs, etc.). I thought that Lucene would be good place to
start to seek for information and indeed I've found some decent
information at Nutch website. However, I decided to post here some
personal opinions regarding this issue thinking that someone might give
me even more information.

As far as I understand I should read books about Informational Retrieval
(i.e. Modern Information Retrieval by Balza-Yates, Ribero-Neto). Any update?

I also found using one article about link spam and citeseer wide
articles about link spam techniques, namely:
1. Undue Influence: Eliminating the Impact of Link Plagiarism on Web
Search Rankings
2. Using Rank Propagation and Probabilistic Counting for LinkBased Spam
Detection
3. SpamRank   Fully Automatic Link Spam Detection
4. Identifying Link Farm Spam Pages
5. Thwarting the Nigritude Ultramarine: Learning to Identify Link Spam

If you have some more opinions about valuable literature about search
engine algorithms (primary books but also nice articles might work, let
me know).

Thanks and keep on good work.

--
Mladen Adamovic
http://www.online-utility.org  http://www.cheapvps.info

Re: books (and articles) about search engine algorithms

Incze Lajos
> If you have some more opinions about valuable literature about search
> engine algorithms (primary books but also nice articles might work, let
> me know).

http://www-csli.stanford.edu/~schuetze/information-retrieval.html

incze