branch 4x?

Ryan McKinley
I have seen the move to 6x and branch_5x, but where is branch_4x?

I would expect it to be in:

am I missing something?

Thanks
Ryan

Re: branch 4x?

Simon Willnauer-4
I think it's really only the 4.10 release branch no more feature
releases on 4.x though - but maybe I miss something?

simon

On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 6:43 PM, Ryan McKinley <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I have seen the move to 6x and branch_5x, but where is branch_4x?
>
> I would expect it to be in:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/dev/branches/
>
> am I missing something?
>
> Thanks
> Ryan

RE: branch 4x?

Uwe Schindler

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-5944?focusedCommentId=14139054&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-14139054

-----

Uwe Schindler

H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen

http://www.thetaphi.de

Ryan

RE: branch 4x?

Uwe Schindler
Hi Simon,

that was the plan, see <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-5944?focusedCommentId=14139054&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-14139054>
If we want to get another 4.11 feature release, we can easily reactivate the branch, but for convenience it was removed to make you get an error if you try to commit.

Branch_5x now contains the same as previous branch_4x, so just commit there.

Uwe

-----