collection exists but delete by query fails

collection exists but delete by query fails

Aroop Ganguly

Hi

I am on Solr 7.5 and I am issuing a delete-by-query using CloudSolrClient
The collection exists but issuing a deletebyquery is failing every single time.
I am wondering what is happening, and how to debug this.

org.apache.solr.client.solrj.SolrServerException: java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 0, Size: 0
        at org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.CloudSolrClient.requestWithRetryOnStaleState(CloudSolrClient.java:995)
        at org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.CloudSolrClient.request(CloudSolrClient.java:816)
        at org.apache.solr.client.solrj.SolrRequest.process(SolrRequest.java:194)
Caused by: java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 0, Size: 0
        at java.util.ArrayList.rangeCheck(ArrayList.java:653)
        at java.util.Collections$UnmodifiableList.get(Collections.java:1309)
        at org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.CloudSolrClient.directUpdate(CloudSolrClient.java:486)
        at org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.CloudSolrClient.sendRequest(CloudSolrClient.java:1012)
        at org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.CloudSolrClient.requestWithRetryOnStaleState(CloudSolrClient.java:883)
        ... 6 more

Re: collection exists but delete by query fails

Zheng Lin Edwin Yeo
Hi,

What is the query or code that you are using when you encounter the error?

Regards,
Edwin