collection properties

Hendrik Haddorp
Hi,

with Solr 7.3 it is possible to set arbitrary collection properties
using
https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/7_3/collections-api.html#collectionprop
But how do I read out the properties again? So far I could not find a
REST call that would return the properties. I do see my property in the
ZK file collectionprops.json below my collection though.

thanks,
Hendrik

Re: collection properties

Tomás Fernández Löbbe
Yes... Unfortunately there is no GET API :S Can you open a Jira? Patch
should be trivial

On Fri, Apr 13, 2018 at 3:05 PM, Hendrik Haddorp <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> with Solr 7.3 it is possible to set arbitrary collection properties using
> https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/7_3/collections-api.
> html#collectionprop
> But how do I read out the properties again? So far I could not find a REST
> call that would return the properties. I do see my property in the ZK file
> collectionprops.json below my collection though.
>
> thanks,
> Hendrik

Re: collection properties

Shawn Heisey-2
On 4/13/2018 5:07 PM, Tomás Fernández Löbbe wrote:
> Yes... Unfortunately there is no GET API :S Can you open a Jira? Patch
> should be trivial

My suggestion would be to return the list of properties for a collection
when a URL like this is used:

/solr/admin/collections?action=COLLECTIONPROP&name=gettingstarted

At the moment, this complains that he propertyName parameter is required
and missing.

If the "name" parameter is omitted, it should return the properties for
ALL collections.  The format of the single-collection response should be
the same as the all-collection response -- in the JSON, have a key for
the collection name and then under that, keys for each property.  It
would be nice to allow multiple "name" parameters for the list (when
propertyName is not present).

Do we also need a specific parameter to explicitly tell Solr to list the
properties?  Or maybe an explicit action value for listing them, like
LISTCOLLECTIONPROP?

Thanks,
Shawn

Re: collection properties