copyField: wildcard to wildcard

Erik Hatcher
I don't _think_ this is currently possible, but it might be a slick
thing to add...

        <copyField source="*_facet" dest="*_sort"/>

where *_sort could be defined as:

        <dynamicField name="*_sort"   type="lowercased"  indexed="true"/>

("lowercased" is just something I made up for this e-mail, but could
be a type that simply emits a single token, lowercased from the
original)

The pattern in the source that matches "*" would be substituted as
the field name into dest's "*" in order to look up its configuration.

Not currently possible, right?  But maybe a useful enhancement?

        Erik

Re: copyField: wildcard to wildcard

Yonik Seeley-2

I'm pretty sure not... according to http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-21

> where *_sort could be defined as:
>
>         <dynamicField name="*_sort"   type="lowercased"  indexed="true"/>
>
> ("lowercased" is just something I made up for this e-mail, but could
> be a type that simply emits a single token, lowercased from the
> original)
>
> The pattern in the source that matches "*" would be substituted as
> the field name into dest's "*" in order to look up its configuration.
>
> Not currently possible, right?  But maybe a useful enhancement?

Yep.

-Yonik