count hits sorted by the field

vlberg
HI,
I want to count the hits sorted by the field.
For example: Field: "table"
Values of Field:"tab1","tab2","tab3","tab4"

I need to know how many hits are in "tab1", ,"tab2","tab3","tab4"

How to implement it (Hitcollector, Sort?)?

wlad

Re: count hits sorted by the field

hossman

:
: I need to know how many hits are in "tab1", ,"tab2","tab3","tab4"
:
: How to implement it (Hitcollector, Sort?)?

1) your use of the term "sorted" in your problem statement is very
confusing, since the example of your problem doesn't seem to have anything
to do with sorting.  you need to elaborate on what exactly it is you are
trying to achieve.

2) please post follow up questions/discussion regarding this topic on
java-user...

http://people.apache.org/~hossman/#java-dev

not the java-dev@lucene list.  java-dev is for discussing development of
the internals of the Lucene Java library ... it is *not* the appropriate
place to ask questions about how to use the Lucene Java library when
developing your own applications.  Please resend your message to
the java-user mailing list, where you are likely to get more/better