Quantcast

creating cluster to analyze unsubscribe emails

creating cluster to analyze unsubscribe emails

Hennig, Ryan

Hello,

I’m thinking about building a hadoop cluster to analyze all the unsubscribe mails that people mistakenly send to this address.  How many PB of storage will I need?

- Ryan

Re: creating cluster to analyze unsubscribe emails

jconwell
One Billion PB!

On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 4:11 PM, Hennig, Ryan <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello,

I’m thinking about building a hadoop cluster to analyze all the unsubscribe mails that people mistakenly send to this address.  How many PB of storage will I need?

- Ryan

John C

Thanks & Regards,
Anil Gupta

Re: creating cluster to analyze unsubscribe emails

Konstantin Boudnik-2
That's how zeta-byte explosion will happen next year, I think

On Wed, Aug 08, 2012 at 04:59PM, anil gupta wrote:

>    +1 for cluster! :D
>
>    On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 4:44 PM, Michael Segel <[hidden email]>
>    wrote:
>
>      You went to Dr. Evil's school on data science, right?
>      :-P
>      Well played sir!
>      On Aug 8, 2012, at 6:15 PM, John Conwell <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>        One Billion PB!
>
>        On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 4:11 PM, Hennig, Ryan <[hidden email]>
>        wrote:
>
>          Hello,
>

>          I*m thinking about building a hadoop cluster to analyze all the
>          unsubscribe mails that people mistakenly send to this address.  How
>          many PB of storage will I need?
>

>          - Ryan
>
>        --
>        Thanks,
>        John C
>
>    --
>    Thanks & Regards,
>    Anil Gupta

RE: creating cluster to analyze unsubscribe emails

Chris Folsom

That's an awful lot of storage to waste on an application that won't
uncover any meaningful business intelligence...

That's how zeta-byte explosion will happen next year, I think

On Wed, Aug 08, 2012 at 04:59PM, anil gupta wrote:

> +1 for cluster! :D
>
> On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 4:44 PM, Michael Segel <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> You went to Dr. Evil's school on data science, right?
> :-P
> Well played sir!
> On Aug 8, 2012, at 6:15 PM, John Conwell <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> One Billion PB!
>
> On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 4:11 PM, Hennig, Ryan <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>

> I*m thinking about building a hadoop cluster to analyze all the
> unsubscribe mails that people mistakenly send to this address. How
> many PB of storage will I need?
>

> - Ryan

> John C

> Thanks & Regards,
> Anil Gupta

Re: creating cluster to analyze unsubscribe emails

Patrick Angeles
unsubscribe

On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 8:15 PM, <[hidden email]> wrote:

That's an awful lot of storage to waste on an application that won't
uncover any meaningful business intelligence...

That's how zeta-byte explosion will happen next year, I think

On Wed, Aug 08, 2012 at 04:59PM, anil gupta wrote:
> +1 for cluster! :D
>
> On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 4:44 PM, Michael Segel <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> You went to Dr. Evil's school on data science, right?
> :-P
> Well played sir!
> On Aug 8, 2012, at 6:15 PM, John Conwell <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> One Billion PB!
>
> On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 4:11 PM, Hennig, Ryan <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>

> I*m thinking about building a hadoop cluster to analyze all the
> unsubscribe mails that people mistakenly send to this address. How
> many PB of storage will I need?
>

> - Ryan

> John C
>
> --
> Thanks & Regards,
> Anil Gupta

Re: creating cluster to analyze unsubscribe emails

Konstantin Boudnik-2
I see some redundancy in that sentence already ;)

On Wed, Aug 08, 2012 at 05:15PM, [hidden email] wrote:

> That's an awful lot of storage to waste on an application that won't
> uncover any meaningful business intelligence...

Stuart Smith
Aw, but it would be fun.
-1 to the business-minded buzzkill... ;)

Thanks for adding some humor for those of us scrolling through all the emails on our teeny tiny phones today!

Take care,
  -stu

That's an awful lot of storage to waste on an application that won't
uncover any meaningful business intelligence...

That's how zeta-byte explosion will happen next year, I think

On Wed, Aug 08, 2012 at 04:59PM, anil gupta wrote:

> +1 for cluster! :D
>
> On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 4:44 PM, Michael Segel <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> You went to Dr. Evil's school on data science, right?
> :-P
> Well played sir!
> On Aug 8, 2012, at 6:15 PM, John Conwell <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> One Billion PB!
>
> On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 4:11 PM, Hennig, Ryan <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>

> I*m thinking about building a hadoop cluster to analyze all the
> unsubscribe mails that people mistakenly send to this address. How
> many PB of storage will I need?
>

> - Ryan

> John C

> Thanks & Regards,
> Anil Gupta

Re: creating cluster to analyze unsubscribe emails

in.abdul

:-)

Syed Abdul kather
send from Samsung S3

On Aug 9, 2012 4:42 AM, "Hennig, Ryan [via Lucene]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello,

I’m thinking about building a hadoop cluster to analyze all the unsubscribe mails that people mistakenly send to this address.  How many PB of storage will I need?

- Ryan

To unsubscribe from Lucene, click here.
NAML
THANKS AND REGARDS, SYED ABDUL KATHER