enable fault-tolerance by default on collection?

enable fault-tolerance by default on collection?

imran-2
Is it possible to enable shards.tolerant=true parameter by default?

We are using Spark Thrif Server`s JDBC API to access a collection, while testing it has occurred that a completely gone shard is creating problems. Can this behavior be enabled through configuration and not from inside the query request?

Regards,
Imran

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Re: enable fault-tolerance by default on collection?

alessandro.benedetti
I would recommend to play with the default, append and invariants [1] element for the reuqestHandler node.
Identify the request handler you want to use in the solrconfig.xml and then add the parameter you want.
You should be abkle to manage this through your source version control system.

Cheers

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/RequestHandlers+and+SearchComponents+in+SolrConfig#RequestHandlersandSearchComponentsinSolrConfig-SearchHandlers
Alessandro Benedetti
Sease Ltd. - www.sease.io

Re: enable fault-tolerance by default on collection?

That's the purpose of the <defaults> and <invariants> sections of the
various request handlers in solrconfig.xml.

Best,
Erick