exact matches and stemming

Aisha-2
Hello,

I want to use the FrenchAnalyzer for stop word and stemming treatment
but I want to still be able to do exact search, the problem is that the FrenchAnalyzer remove characters from the terms when the indexing is made so it isn't possible to have only exact matches from an index indexed with the FrenchAnalyzer....

could someone help me,
thanks in advance
Aïcha

http://fr.answers.yahoo.com

Re: exact matches and stemming

Alvaro Cabrerizo
Maybe you could store in your index both the stemmed word and the original
one. Although it will increment the size of your index.
Another posibllity could be to develop a WildcardQuery plugin or a
FuzzyQuery plugin, because lucene comes with this capabilities, and  avoid
stemming task. But it is known that wildcard a fuzzy have poor performance.

Hope it helps.